Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Gobbadygook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 6.2 and also install updates and patches to the latest version
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I've been a little busy. When using ChoiDujourNX to update, do I update to 6.2.0 or 6.2.0 (exFAT)? And can you tell me the difference between them?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I've been a little busy. When using ChoiDujourNX to update, do I update to 6.2.0 or 6.2.0 (exFAT)? And can you tell me the difference between them?
If you choose the exFAT update, you'll be able to use exFAT-formatted SD cards on that firmware. If you use exFAT it's mandatory, if you use FAT32, choose whichever one of the two.

Gobbadygook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you choose the exFAT update, you'll be able to use exFAT-formatted SD cards on that firmware. If you use exFAT it's mandatory, if you use FAT32, choose whichever one of the two.
Okay. I think I may have screwed something up. The two options were 6.0.2 and 6.0.2 (exFAT) and I just chose the 6.0.2. Damn, I think I bricked my system.

DocBo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where are the savegames stored? i know about edizon and checkpoit but i want to know where are savegames stored?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Okay. I think I may have screwed something up. The two options were 6.0.2 and 6.0.2 (exFAT) and I just chose the 6.0.2. Damn, I think I bricked my system.
Why do you think you bricked? Choosing the non-exFAT update won't do anything to brick by itself.

Where are the savegames stored? i know about edizon and checkpoit but i want to know where are savegames stored?
On the NAND.

Reactions: DocBo

Gte32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i was using atmosphere i power off my console normally as always it was having problems because of autorcm so when i turn that off and power it off normally to go back to normal it stayed black has passed 1 day, and I think i bricked
I have tried the carging method and it didnt work, i have tried everything, what should i do?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When i was using atmosphere i power off my console normally as always it was having problems because of autorcm so when i turn that off and power it off normally to go back to normal it stayed black has passed 1 day, and I think i bricked
I have tried the carging method and it didnt work, i have tried everything, what should i do?

hold power button for 15-20 seconds
leave console to charge for an hour
reboot pc

Gte32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hold power button for 15-20 seconds
leave console to charge for an hour
reboot pc
I have tried the power boton method, dosen't work, tried charging for lots of hours, didnt work i also think i need to say that i used zadig for goldtree pc reboot didnt work either

Krayziezay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I recently purchased my switch on sunday and still haven't opened it. Ive been reading about there only being 3 cfw. I'm stuck in between SXOS and Atmosphere. Ive heard that for piracy you should get SXOS and for everything else use Atmosphere. My question is that I've heard people bashing SXOS saying that it could permanently damage my sd card using emuNAND. Honestly I might try piracy idk but I wanna be able to switch between cfw and regular firmware since explaining all of that would it be wise to use SXOS and atmosphere or just say screw it and use Atmosphere and stay far away from SXOS. Thanks for the help everyone and I also have a 128gb sd card

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok so I recently purchased my switch on sunday and still haven't opened it. Ive been reading about there only being 3 cfw. I'm stuck in between SXOS and Atmosphere. Ive heard that for piracy you should get SXOS and for everything else use Atmosphere. My question is that I've heard people bashing SXOS saying that it could permanently damage my sd card using emuNAND. Honestly I might try piracy idk but I wanna be able to switch between cfw and regular firmware since explaining all of that would it be wise to use SXOS and atmosphere or just say screw it and use Atmosphere and stay far away from SXOS. Thanks for the help everyone and I also have a 128gb sd card
Atmosphère can also be used for piracy. EmuNAND doesn’t damage the sd card. In the end you should read about the features of each CFW and decide for yourself what you need.

Krayziezay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphère can also be used for piracy. EmuNAND doesn’t damage the sd card. In the end you should read about the features of each CFW and decide for yourself what you need.
thanks for the quick response if I can use Atmosphere to switch between cfw and regular then I can cancel my order for SXOS honestly

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thanks for the quick response if I can use Atmosphere to switch between cfw and regular then I can cancel my order for SXOS honestly
You can switch but Atmosphère doesn’t offer EmuNAND. So if you use CFW once on SysNAND, your nand isn’t clean anymore and you shouldn’t go online without restoring the clean backup you created before using CFW.

Krayziezay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can switch but Atmosphère doesn’t offer EmuNAND. So if you use CFW once on SysNAND, your nand isn’t clean anymore and you shouldn’t go online without restoring the clean backup you created before using CFW.
So if I wanna look at the difference between the to any links to that I clicked the links on the first page but it shows how to install rather than what it could do

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So if I wanna look at the difference between the to any links to that I clicked the links on the first page but it shows how to install rather than what it could do
SX OS features:
EmuNAND
XCI support
USB HDD support

Atmosphere:
7.0.0+ support (for now)
Free

Sure there are more features but that’s imo the most important ones.

Reactions: Krayziezay13

Wrig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
need a point in the right direction, Im on 6.2 firmware renix, got the atmosphere usb, looking to update to latest firmware, how do i go about this? do I just install the new firmware? thanks

Ali3n90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need a point in the right direction, Im on 6.2 firmware renix, got the atmosphere usb, looking to update to latest firmware, how do i go about this? do I just install the new firmware? thanks
Review this thread. This has been discussed a ton of times.

Reactions: Wrig

Murillo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, my switch was unlocked quite a while ago.
Currently it is on version 5.1.0, i use hetake to boot it and don't have a clue about the CFW it is running.
The thing is i tried to install some games lately (FFIX and Wargroove) and it failed to install.
I want to update it to 6.2.0 and run some updated exploits to keep it up with the scene, but i don't know what i need to do first.
Should i deactivate airplane mode and update it online?
Should i somehow download update files and install it manually?
If i manage to put it on 6.2.0, should i update the many homebrew and cfw and bootlloader and stuff to make it work?
Any directions would be much appreciated.

Dreamboum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way that my custom NSP can be registered in the play history ? I made NSP forwarders for my SNES backups for Retroarch, but the play history isn't picking it up. I like it as a way to know how many hours I spent on something.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, my switch was unlocked quite a while ago.
Currently it is on version 5.1.0, i use hetake to boot it and don't have a clue about the CFW it is running.
The thing is i tried to install some games lately (FFIX and Wargroove) and it failed to install.
I want to update it to 6.2.0 and run some updated exploits to keep it up with the scene, but i don't know what i need to do first.
Should i deactivate airplane mode and update it online?
Should i somehow download update files and install it manually?
If i manage to put it on 6.2.0, should i update the many homebrew and cfw and bootlloader and stuff to make it work?
Any directions would be much appreciated.

1) BACKUP NAND AND BOOT0/1
2) Grab updated cfw files of choice (ReiNX, Kosmos/atmo or SXOS) follow their repsecive guides on how to install
3) choidujourNX upto 6.2
4) tinfoil/goldleaf
????
Profit

Reactions: Murillo

daviatella

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recently bought an unlocked switch (Xecuter dongle) and it's been working just fine. Last week, a friend that didn't know how it worked tried to update a game on cfw mode and afterwards, whenever I try to boot into cfw mode after loading up the xecuter menu the system blackscreens. Is there a fix? I believe the system is at 7.0.0, if it's anything to do with it. I've tried using a blank sd card with only boot/license files in it and it still didn't work. Since I'm not very well versed in how it works, is there anything that can be done?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo