Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently bought an unlocked switch (Xecuter dongle) and it's been working just fine. Last week, a friend that didn't know how it worked tried to update a game on cfw mode and afterwards, whenever I try to boot into cfw mode after loading up the xecuter menu the system blackscreens. Is there a fix? I believe the system is at 7.0.0, if it's anything to do with it. I've tried using a blank sd card with only boot/license files in it and it still didn't work. Since I'm not very well versed in how it works, is there anything that can be done?

get latest kosmos, checkpoint to backup saves, choidujourNX back to 6.2, relaunch sx

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I recently bought an unlocked switch (Xecuter dongle) and it's been working just fine. Last week, a friend that didn't know how it worked tried to update a game on cfw mode and afterwards, whenever I try to boot into cfw mode after loading up the xecuter menu the system blackscreens. Is there a fix? I believe the system is at 7.0.0, if it's anything to do with it. I've tried using a blank sd card with only boot/license files in it and it still didn't work. Since I'm not very well versed in how it works, is there anything that can be done?
Restore backup of your NAND. SX OS doesn’t support 7.0 currently.

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone, i have a doubt...recently discovered my possibly patched is not :switch: really happy about that btw:toot:

I have currently 6.2 and everything i need to get started but......i see 7.0.1 and looks like everything is working....so? do i get started on 6.2 or update to 7.0.1?

thanks so much for your help!!!!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi everyone, i have a doubt...recently discovered my possibly patched is not :switch: really happy about that btw:toot:

I have currently 6.2 and everything i need to get started but......i see 7.0.1 and looks like everything is working....so? do i get started on 6.2 or update to 7.0.1?

6.2.0 is more stable. Also 7.0.0+ only works for Atmosphère currently.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for the fast reply bud!!! so i will not have any problem playing the newest games even if i am on lower firmware? i know is a bit noob question lol
Yes, you can also install games ignoring the firmware requirements. So if a game wants 7.0.0 you can still install and play it. But if a game really needs 7.0 master keys you have a problem and can’t play it until you update the firmware. Currently there are really less games and updates that require 7.0+.

Reactions: Tokacor

Ali3n90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That will depend on which cfw you want to use. Sx os does not work on 7.0.x. Review the this thread to get more info.

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That will depend on which cfw you want to use. Sx os does not work on 7.0.x. Review the this thread to get more info.
Ok... that makes me question which cfw is better or what will be the best starter set up? just a reminder i just did the biskeydump with tegra to know if my possibly patch is good and it is, bought ns atmosphere dongle...and now kinda hesitating where do i start lol

the dongle comes with ns-atmosphere programmer, 3 payloads sx os, hekate and reinx

also...

retroarch,nx shell,ftpd,edizon,tinfoil and checkpoint....

is that a good set up? something to add or check if may have a newer version?

thanks!!!!

eoinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me how to make sure I don't burn my gamecard fuses (OFW 3.0, currently 5.1.0 AutoRCM) with the latest atmosphere and REINX?

I want to have both CFW's on my new 400GB SD card.

I previously had NOGC setup on my old SD card but I want to start fresh, and I believe everything has changed since I last setup that SD card last year.

In other words, has it changed or can I use the same methods as before?

Thanks.

Last edited by eoinzy,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone tell me how to make sure I don't burn my gamecard fuses (OFW 3.0, currently 5.1.0 AutoRCM) with the latest atmosphere and REINX?

I want to have both CFW's on my new 400GB SD card.

I previously had NOGC setup on my old SD card but I want to start fresh, and I believe everything has changed since I last setup that SD card last year.

In other words, has it changed or can I use the same methods as before?

Thanks.

Use new hekate, chainboot, it detect fuses for nogc automatically from the reading the changelog

Gte32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I activated automatic rcm mode but then when i wanted to go back to normal menu i disable, then my sd card wasnt getting recognize so i get it out and format it, when i took i out it say restart the console i restarted and let me back to the tetrarcmGUI menu on my switch then i tried again but it fail (this sometimes happen sometimes) so when i took the sd card and restart led me back to the menu sooooo i tried to restart manually and here i am with a black screen and the rcm dont working
it can be connected to pc but the pc dosent recognize it either as switch or apx
Been searching for 1 day how to fix
I use a clip for rcm
It manage to connect it to pc and launch but it restarted (again) and blackscreen
plz help i have been searching for a long time

Gobbadygook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you think you bricked? Choosing the non-exFAT update won't do anything to brick by itself.

On the NAND.
Well, I suppose bricked is the wrong word. I can't access any of my games or applications through the switch menu because, like an idiot, I didn't realize my SD card WAS exFAT formatted. Although, I found this video of a guy who had the same problem and seemed to fix it. It's called How to Format Micro SD Card to FAT32 Before Firmware Upgrade/enable exFAT support Switch Jailbreak.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Well, I suppose bricked is the wrong word. I can't access any of my games or applications through the switch menu because, like an idiot, I didn't realize my SD card WAS exFAT formatted. Although, I found this video of a guy who had the same problem and seemed to fix it. It's called How to Format Micro SD Card to FAT32 Before Firmware Upgrade/enable exFAT support Switch Jailbreak.
If you have a second SD card available,

1- Format it as FAT32.
2- Put your CFW files and /switch folder from your exFAT card in it. Also the update file.
3- Enter HBL and go to ChoiDujourNX.
4- Update again but with exFAT support this time.

If you only have that card around... you're gonna have to back it up and format it as FAT32 temporarily (or permanently if you so wish).

That, or get exFAT support through Nintendo servers (not recommended). Assuming you're not CDN-banned.

Gobbadygook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a second SD card available,

1- Format it as FAT32.
2- Put your CFW files and /switch folder from your exFAT card in it. Also the update file.
3- Enter HBL and go to ChoiDujourNX.
4- Update again but with exFAT support this time.

If you only have that card around... you're gonna have to back it up and format it as FAT32 temporarily (or permanently if you so wish).

That, or get exFAT support through Nintendo servers (not recommended). Assuming you're not CDN-banned.
I only have my Switch's SD card that can handle the files on it. I'm gonna play it safe and just buy an SD card with the same storage size in case I screw something up again. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I'll get back to you with an update sooner or later. Most likely later.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I only have my Switch's SD card that can handle the files on it. I'm gonna play it safe and just buy an SD card with the same storage size in case I screw something up again. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I'll get back to you with an update sooner or later. Most likely later.
You don't need to put your /nintendo folder (your games) or anything that isn't ChoiDujourNX, the firmware file and your CFW files. So taking out your phone's SD card (assuming you have one) for a couple minutes will do. No need to buy something else.

Last edited by NFates,

vanir29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
good day, I bought a switch that is already running Atmosphere CFW, I want to ask if I can revert back to OFW without a NAND backup, I want to go back to OFW and create a NAND backup (if that's possible), and from there I want to install the CFW myself, or if that's not possible, can I make a NAND backup of what my switch's current state is? so that I have a restore point if anything goes wrong.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
good day, I bought a switch that is already running Atmosphere CFW, I want to ask if I can revert back to OFW without a NAND backup, I want to go back to OFW and create a NAND backup (if that's possible), and from there I want to install the CFW myself, or if that's not possible, can I make a NAND backup of what my switch's current state is? so that I have a restore point if anything goes wrong.
Yes you can create a NAND backup from the current state, but it’s not clean. Don’t go online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok... that makes me question which cfw is better or what will be the best starter set up? just a reminder i just did the biskeydump with tegra to know if my possibly patch is good and it is, bought ns atmosphere dongle...and now kinda hesitating where do i start lol

the dongle comes with ns-atmosphere programmer, 3 payloads sx os, hekate and reinx

also...

retroarch,nx shell,ftpd,edizon,tinfoil and checkpoint....

is that a good set up? something to add or check if may have a newer version?

thanks!!!!
SX OS features:
EmuNAND
XCI support
USB HDD support

Atmosphere:
7.0.0+ support (for now)
Free

Sure there are more features but that’s imo the most important ones.
Also gold leaf is the new tinfoil. It’s under active development so I would choose that if I you want to use Atmosphere. Of course there are always newer versions of homebrew and you should check if you don’t use very outdated stuff.

Reactions: vanir29

vanir29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes you can create a NAND backup from the current state, but it’s not clean. Don’t go online.

thanks, so I can create a NAND backup just to serve as a restore point if something goes wrong, but just to clarify, is it impossible to revert back to a clean OFW without an existing clean NAND backup? what's the use of ChoiDujour?

Tokacor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also gold leaf is the new tinfoil. It’s under active development so I would choose that if I you want to use Atmosphere. Of course there are always newer versions of homebrew and you should check if you don’t use very outdated stuff.

Alright great I will look for gold leaf, what is your set up right now? It will help me to understand a bit better...what to look for
The games can run from the micro SD as exFAT or external HDD ?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thanks, so I can create a NAND backup just to serve as a restore point if something goes wrong, but just to clarify, is it impossible to revert back to a clean OFW without an existing clean NAND backup? what's the use of ChoiDujour?
Yes it’s impossible. Always make a NAND backup. Doesn’t matter if it’s clean or not. ChoiDujourNX is an application which allows you to downgrade or update your switch to any firmware.
Alright great I will look for gold leaf, what is your set up right now? It will help me to understand a bit better...what to look for
The games can run from the micro SD as exFAT or external HDD ?
I use SX OS, SysNAND 2.1.0, EmuNAND 6.2.0. I don’t use much homebrew. Only needed gold leaf, ChoiDujourNX and checkpoint. You can play games from external HDD if you use SX OS.

Reactions: Tokacor and vanir29

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol