Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

JDalager

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got the nerve to put cfw on my switch. It's sitting at 4.1.0 I put all my files on my SD card just to find out that I need to update the switch for it to work with exfat. So my question is what to do? Use a smaller card to load up cfw update using ChoiDujourNX then just drag and drop my smaller SD to the bigger one? Or just format the bigger one to fat32 and deal with the 4gb limit? TIA

Gobbadygook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to put your /nintendo folder (your games) or anything that isn't ChoiDujourNX, the firmware file and your CFW files. So taking out your phone's SD card (assuming you have one) for a couple minutes will do. No need to buy something else.
So, I got it to work now. My system is now at 6.2.0 and all my games and apps are still okay. The problem is that BOTW still isn't working...

Attachments

• IMG_20190307_044319.jpg
    IMG_20190307_044319.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20190307_044340.jpg
    IMG_20190307_044340.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 84

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I finally got the nerve to put cfw on my switch. It's sitting at 4.1.0 I put all my files on my SD card just to find out that I need to update the switch for it to work with exfat. So my question is what to do? Use a smaller card to load up cfw update using ChoiDujourNX then just drag and drop my smaller SD to the bigger one? Or just format the bigger one to fat32 and deal with the 4gb limit? TIA
ExFAT can corrupt your sd card. It’s not recommended to use it. So you don’t really need the exFAT update.

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Terribly sorry if this has been asked in the past and because I'm technically asking a very similar question to the last I posted. I haven't read anything new about updating after downgrading since then, so here's the question:
I'm on FW 6.2 and have a clean backup of 5.1, I gather it's possible to downgrade through restoring a NAND backup, requiring the Switch to be booted through RCM. Would it then be possible to update from the restored clean backup to the latest FW without booting a CFW, thus having a clean, up to date console to go online with?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
So, I got it to work now. My system is now at 6.2.0 and all my games and apps are still okay. The problem is that BOTW still isn't working...
Do you have the needed sigpatches?

I'm on FW 6.2 and have a clean backup of 5.1, I gather it's possible to downgrade through restoring a NAND backup, requiring the Switch to be booted through RCM. Would it then be possible to update from the restored clean backup to the latest FW without booting a CFW, thus having a clean, up to date console to go online with?

Restore your clean backup, boot to RCM and to OFW, update through Nintendo servers.

Last edited by NFates,
Reactions: TimoCT

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Restore your clean backup, boot to RCM and to OFW, update through Nintendo servers.
Alright, thank you for the clear cut answer, it's reassuring! I hope not to be a nuisance, I've a few follow up questions:
Is there a thread I should read and/or follow to make sure to restore correctly?
Will I be able to boot normally after updating, since the fuse count will match?
What do you suggest to do to be prepared, in the case I have made a mistake without realising it in the past year since updating from 5.1, and find out the console is banned from using the online functions, beside having a new backup of the updated NAND?

Thank you very much for helping me!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, thank you for the clear cut answer, it's reassuring! I hope not to be a nuisance, I've a few follow up questions:
Is there a thread I should read and/or follow to make sure to restore correctly?
Will I be able to boot normally after updating, since the fuse count will match?
What do you suggest to do to be prepared, in the case I have made a mistake without realising it in the past year since updating from 5.1, and find out the console is banned from using the online functions, beside having a new backup of the updated NAND?

Thank you very much for helping me!

Just restore the nand and boot0/1
yes
you can choidujourNX upto 7.01 but that won't unban

Gobbadygook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the needed sigpatches?

I just got it. Is there something else I need to do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just got it. Is there something else I need to do?
I place it into my atmosphere.

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just restore the nand and boot0/1
yes
you can choidujourNX upto 7.01 but that won't unban
Ok, would that be done through Hekate, then? I thought restoring to a previous FW required other tools, so I must have misunderstood. Edit: Just to be clear, I have never updated without burning the fuses.
Yes, I'd say that its would be best to boot back to a CFW if I were banned. There wouldn't be any advantage to using ChoiDujourNX and staying on the latest OFW compared to using CFW, would there?

Last edited by TimoCT,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you get banned for using save edit data for games you don't have online play? (for example the fire emblem warriors)

MhC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi All,

After I turned on my switch via PC, I pressed the ON button to sleep or let it go into sleep mode. It automatically switch off and need to turn ON via PC again. So it can't go into sleep mode as it will turn off the switch automatically.

What's wrong with my switch? Is there any solutions?

Thank you.

MTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hello guys,

I'm really new to all the mods and hacks. I've been buying original copies of so many games but as I do have other consoles, I can't afford buying games for each console anymore! So I want to try out the CFW features but I need clarification of many things.

First, Can the console get bricked in any shape or form while attempting CFW installation

Second, installing a CFW would that mean a possible consoles ban even If I never go online?

Third, Can I go back to OFW and never get banned as I've just came back from CFW

Forth, Can I play every game no restriction whatsoever

Fifth, I play Super smash LAN alot with my friends, but since the game gets update all the time, Is it possible to update the game when I'm on CFW and would I be able to play with my friends normally after updating the game

Sixth, is another SD card needed for backup games?

Seventh, How easy/hard installing CFW on my switch, my serial number is XAJ7003xxxxx Is it vulnerable?

Eighth, Any ultimate guide topic How To if my switch is vulnerable

Thank you so much for helping in advance!

ZoroYosf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey peeps, good morning/afternoon/evening to you all.
I need your help regarding Emunand and Sysnand ...
I have a switch running 6.1 and sx os 2.5.3, I have a clean 5.1 back up. And I updated to 6.1 using ChoidujourNX.
and ran CFW, NSPs and Xcis and homebrew(on 6.1) . and I decided today to try and install Emunand to play online with my Sysnand!.
I installed Emunand using SX OS method (files on sd card), and it succeeded. After that, I tried to restore my clean Nand (5.1) using sx os BUT it gave me
this ERROR: Nand restore failed 00FFFD47 .
I was using this method (https://www.codedonut.com/switch-ha...ay-games-online-without-banned/#disqus_thread)
what did I do wrong ??
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !!!!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, would that be done through Hekate, then? I thought restoring to a previous FW required other tools, so I must have misunderstood. Edit: Just to be clear, I have never updated without burning the fuses.
Yes, I'd say that its would be best to boot back to a CFW if I were banned. There wouldn't be any advantage to using ChoiDujourNX and staying on the latest OFW compared to using CFW, would there?

yep, restore through hekate and so long as you have both the nand and boot0/1 this is fine and wont cause issues
This is for manual downgrading and those who don't have backups
yep

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

After I turned on my switch via PC, I pressed the ON button to sleep or let it go into sleep mode. It automatically switch off and need to turn ON via PC again. So it can't go into sleep mode as it will turn off the switch automatically.

What's wrong with my switch? Is there any solutions?

Thank you.
This sounds like a hardware issue. I'm not sure what exactly the issue is but I think you should make a thread asking for an expert's opinion.

Hello guys,

I'm really new to all the mods and hacks. I've been buying original copies of so many games but as I do have other consoles, I can't afford buying games for each console anymore! So I want to try out the CFW features but I need clarification of many things.

First, Can the console get bricked in any shape or form while attempting CFW installation

Second, installing a CFW would that mean a possible consoles ban even If I never go online?

Third, Can I go back to OFW and never get banned as I've just came back from CFW

Forth, Can I play every game no restriction whatsoever

Fifth, I play Super smash LAN alot with my friends, but since the game gets update all the time, Is it possible to update the game when I'm on CFW and would I be able to play with my friends normally after updating the game

Sixth, is another SD card needed for backup games?

Seventh, How easy/hard installing CFW on my switch, my serial number is XAJ7003xxxxx Is it vulnerable?

Eighth, Any ultimate guide topic How To if my switch is vulnerable

Thank you so much for helping in advance!
  1. Yes but the chances of that happening are close to 0
  2. For starters, you don't install CFW to the Switch. Also you do not get banned if you stay offline but staying offline acts like a self-imposed ban. When you return online, you may or may not get banned
  3. The only way to go online safely is with a clean hack-free NAND backup which you can make with Hekate before using any CFW/homebrew. Hekate is neither a CFW or homebrew; it is a payload that acts as a bootloader
  4. Some games require a linked Nintendo Account. You also cannot play any games online unless you own them meaning pirated copies are stuck offline. You can play all other games that don't fall into the previous categories
  5. If by LAN, you mean local wireless then yes. Smash doesn't actually support LAN. You can update Smash while running CFW
  6. No
  7. https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/
  8. This will depend on what CFW you want to use and there are multiple available CFW, 3 in fact; ReiNX, SX OS, and Atmosphere. I will link guides to each below. They all accomplish the same goals of launching homebrew, game backups, and modding with a few minor differences here and there.
Hey peeps, good morning/afternoon/evening to you all.
I need your help regarding Emunand and Sysnand ...
I have a switch running 6.1 and sx os 2.5.3, I have a clean 5.1 back up. And I updated to 6.1 using ChoidujourNX.
and ran CFW, NSPs and Xcis and homebrew(on 6.1) . and I decided today to try and install Emunand to play online with my Sysnand!.
I installed Emunand using SX OS method (files on sd card), and it succeeded. After that, I tried to restore my clean Nand (5.1) using sx os BUT it gave me
this ERROR: Nand restore failed 00FFFD47 .
I was using this method (https://www.codedonut.com/switch-ha...ay-games-online-without-banned/#disqus_thread)
what did I do wrong ??
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE !!!!
Try restoring your NAND with Hekate as it not only provides verification but can output more legible error codes.

Reactions: MTG

RaduT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, one quick question, i am on 4.0.1 with a non patched switch, can i update directly to 6.2 using choidujourNX?or will going that big of a step be a problem?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, one quick question, i am on 4.0.1 with a non patched switch, can i update directly to 6.2 using choidujourNX?or will going that big of a step be a problem?
Nope, its pretty fast and easy to do. Just be aware that it will enable AutoRCM by default once the installation is finished which is to prevent your fuses from being burnt. Fuses are used to prevent downgrading so if they are not burnt, you can return to 4.1 if another exploit is released for that firmware. If you don't care about downgrading/fuses, you can disable AutoRCM during the installation within ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: RaduT

ShawnD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright gurus I had my sd card in my switch before I started to load cfw on it. I put it in my pc so I could move the correct files to it and reinsert into my switch. my pc isn't recognizing my sd card and wants me to format before I can use it but it wont format...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto