Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ehaic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you restore a backup with a lower firmware?

I have before accidentally and that resulted in a blue panic screen I thought I fixed that (happened sometime last year) It has been a while since I've tried to use my switch so I'm not 100% sure if I ever fully resolved that issue to be honest. But I thought that I had completely fixed that issue. I have keys and I have an old nand dump on a lower firmware (somewhere around 4. something) that I can restore if that might fix everything? just don't know what I should do. I don't care to completely erase everything on the switch if it will fix things.

Last edited by Ehaic,

Curiosity0072

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but my Switch has an issue, in handheld mode the screen remains grey but it's responsive, the touchscreen works but doesn't show any image But, in dock mode eveything works perfectly. Any ideas of what the problem may be?

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At the moment I have six os with some nsp installed on sd card. If I add atmosphere cfw to my sd and boot it from hekate, will I have some sort of issues? Also, will I find all my installed nsp and will be able to play them using atmosphere?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment I have six os with some nsp installed on sd card. If I add atmosphere cfw to my sd and boot it from hekate, will I have some sort of issues? Also, will I find all my installed nsp and will be able to play them using atmosphere?
There should not be any issue switching CFW with .NSP files installed.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank you. I'd like to keep both sx os and atmosphere and choose to use one or another booting from hekate. Is this ok or do you suggest to just keep one cfw?
Most power users tend to keep more than one CFW on their SD card. I myself do this but mostly for testing purposes. The only real issue is that it takes up extra space on your SD card but most CFW are relatively small.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guide.sdsetup.com still seems down, I cant access it anymore. I am autobooting CFW and can't figure out how to go back to the menu to enable auto RCM with the guide down. My jig works pretty good but I now think its a good idea to completely prevent normal boot up....kids. Already had the first one to touch the system since mod power it down fully even though I told them not to. Its also annoying to have to use the jig everytime I need to remove the SD card

I am also failing every NSP install again. I am thinking its better to be on lowere firmware. If I figure out where to get the files I can downgrade because auto RCM will prevent normal bootup and fuse panic right? My only nand backup is a clean 7.x one. I am thinking homebrew will work better on 6.2 maybe? Is it worth it?

I also have of stuff on my NAND backup and was considering restoring it, wiping the switch data ( I used official transfer to get all my stuff on to a secondary system so I guess I don't really need it except it plays my old legitimate purchase games ) and then getting a nand backup I can compress smaller and manage easier and restore faster if needed. Am I just tripping and thats totally a dumb idea.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

doingitwrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guide.sdsetup.com still seems down...

I am also failing every NSP install again...

I also have of stuff on...

hekate is what you use to boot, you can find the documentation here. You are looking for "autoboot", disable it.
I don't know if autoRCM will work for "fuse spoofing" for going to a lower firmware. However there is an extensive guide on how to install any firmware here. I'm not sure or not if it works with fuses already burnt. There are other downgrading guides as well.
Can you not shrink the backup you already have? I think that sounds like an unnessisary process, why would you do that much work for an "if i need to restore"? That's not a process you should have to do often, or hopefully at all.

bumping my post cause things get covered so fast...

I have a switch on 2.3, I would like now to install atmosphere. I have backed up my nand, I used the website "sdsetup" to download atmosphere and some additional tools. What do I do now?... I am aware of the 4.x gamecard slot update and will use hekate 4.8 which now has autonogc so I will prevent its update.

1 Enable autorcm
2 Use hekate to launch CFW then use ChoiDujourNX to update to 5.1 (should I use NX or the original?)
3 dump my owned carts using gcdumptool so when I enable autonogc I can still play them
4 somehow use tinfoil and usb to install botw with dlc. my sdcard is fat32 and the file size is larger than 4gb (pretty unclear on this step, I have found both xci and nsp it's my understanding xci only works for sxos, true?)
5 repeat for any other games

please help fill in the blanks. Really confused on step 4, please and thank you..

@Draxzelex I just found your post about fluffy should I be using that for my step4? thanks

Last edited by doingitwrong,
Reactions: blaisedinsd

Ali3n90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding running a number of SD cards. I am trying to install a number of games, however my SD card is too small to hold them all. My question is how would it work? Do I just add the regular boot files to the SD card then install games and the Switch will load the games and homebrew that is on the SD card?

Would I have any issues switching between the cards?

Thanks,

MadysoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Question regarding running a number of SD cards. I am trying to install a number of games, however my SD card is too small to hold them all. My question is how would it work? Do I just add the regular boot files to the SD card then install games and the Switch will load the games and homebrew that is on the SD card?

Would I have any issues switching between the cards?

Thanks,
No you just copy stuff on one sd card (except Nintendo file) to another sd card and install games on second one and thats it you’re good to go . I use 3 different sd cards you just only need to inject payload each time because when you remove sd card it shuts down the switch

Reactions: Ali3n90

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Most power users tend to keep more than one CFW on their SD card. I myself do this but mostly for testing purposes. The only real issue is that it takes up extra space on your SD card but most CFW are relatively small.
Ok perfect. What payload do i have to point in hekate ini file to boot atmosphere?

Last edited by jacopastorius,

Gobbadygook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm having trouble playing games on the switch. I recently installed BOTW and Bayonetta 1 and 2 using tinfoil. However, when I try to play them, it checks if it can be played before saying it can't connect to the internet. My firmware is 6.1.0.

MadysoN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello. I'm having trouble playing games on the switch. I recently installed BOTW and Bayonetta 1 and 2 using tinfoil. However, when I try to play them, it checks if it can be played before saying it can't connect to the internet. My firmware is 6.1.0.
Update to 6.2 and also install updates and patches to the latest version

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i am having some trouble installing some nsp recently released. I am using latest atmosphere on 6.1.0 firmware. Trying goldtree and goldleaf, tinfoil both from command line and fluffy and install from sd card but i got hangs, or errors or installation aborted.
Do you think it is a firmware-related problem? do i have to update to 6.2 or 7.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.