Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is switch linux safe? I don't want to mess up my switch.
The major issue with Linux on the Switch is that it can mess up your battery calibration. If you are going to use Linux, do not turn off the console while still booted in Linux. Return to the main OS of the Switch (Horizon) so it can detect the proper battery level before you turn off your Switch.

TNTMan72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The major issue with Linux on the Switch is that it can mess up your battery calibration. If you are going to use Linux, do not turn off the console while still booted in Linux. Return to the main OS of the Switch (Horizon) so it can detect the proper battery level before you turn off your Switch.
How can I do that without powering off?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I do that without powering off?
I realized that it is actually impossible, however someone else came up with a solution that involves tricking the Switch into thinking it was at 100% the whole time.
Edit: Boot to Horizon aka the actual switch OS and charge to, what it thinks, is 100%. After disconnecting from the charger immediately boot into Linux and charge it to an actual 100% in Linux. When you disconnect the power immediately boot back to Horizon.
Now the actual battery percentage and the Switch OS "keeping track of" percentage are synced again

Reactions: TNTMan72

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every day passing by, and here I found myself thinking, doing Recovery Mode Booting into Linux with a permanent custom firmware is probably the most likely thing that will happen in Summer. And it will mostly be the end user needing to know how to compile / build the customized CFW through Linux and stuffs, then use some USB-A to USB-C or microUSB to USB-C for phones, and put a hardware modified right joycon pins / jig into the right side of the Switch, to trigger RCM, then use it to upload permanent CFW. :(

Ugh, sounds really easy to mess up.

Futurate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booted into Fusee, and was greeted with a permanent black screen. Anyone have any info? This was a 5.0.1 switch (I still have one on 2.3) so I'm not toooooo worried if I bricked it, but I can't seem to get it to boot.

EDIT: I fixed it by spamming the power button multiple times lol

Last edited by Futurate,

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so I used the scissors and was able to get a u shaped paperclip albeit one with bent and uneven pins.

I've made a picture of my paperclips with a general idea of what the clips look like before I cut them (not very good at cutting tough metal so they look a little off). Anyway here's my clips. Will these suffice?

20180520_214250.jpg

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey, just wandering when eventually we get Atmosphere, will i be able to use 1 microSD card for both Atmosphere AND my legit eShop games? im considering on buying a micro SD but the most i can afford is 128gb, if i can use it for both hacks and legit games (be it through partition or what not) i'm gonna go for the 128, if not i'll just get 2 64gbs.

If it helps clarify my scenario, im just planning to buy legit eShop games, but also have like a shit-ton of homebrew emulators, will i be able to use the same 128gb micro SD?

thanks in advance!

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, just wandering when eventually we get Atmosphere, will i be able to use 1 microSD card for both Atmosphere AND my legit eShop games? im considering on buying a micro SD but the most i can afford is 128gb, if i can use it for both hacks and legit games (be it through partition or what not) i'm gonna go for the 128, if not i'll just get 2 64gbs.

If it helps clarify my scenario, im just planning to buy legit eShop games, but also have like a shit-ton of homebrew emulators, will i be able to use the same 128gb micro SD?

thanks in advance!
You'll only need one card.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 7 years old PC with USB 2.0 ports and a recent android phone, how can I manage to launch the payload?

Everybody's talking about a USB-C to USB-A cable, but what cable it is exactly? Male USB-C to female USB-A? Is it a regular iphone cable?

eoinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking at getting a 2nd Switch and I've found a good price on a Splatoon 2 bundle.

1. Do we know what FW Version these bundles are on? I don't want to have to use a jig so hoping for 3.0.0.
2. IF I get the joycon connection issue, can I still send just the joycons back to Nintendo, or do I have to send the whole console back?
3. Is the digital Splatoon 2 copy preinstalled, or a separate eShop card that I can use on my "clean" switch?

Thanks.

poulp3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm looking at getting a 2nd Switch and I've found a good price on a Splatoon 2 bundle.

1. Do we know what FW Version these bundles are on? I don't want to have to use a jig so hoping for 3.0.0.
2. IF I get the joycon connection issue, can I still send just the joycons back to Nintendo, or do I have to send the whole console back?
3. Is the digital Splatoon 2 copy preinstalled, or a separate eShop card that I can use on my "clean" switch?

Thanks.
1. It should be 3.0.0
2. I don't know
3. eShop card

Reactions: eoinzy

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks.
Unless the seller has opened or switched out the console, it should be on 3.0. And I mention that because eBay sellers have done that in the past.
If the joycons have the connection issue, you could consider buying another pair, swapping, and then refunding them back. Or of course getting Nintendo to look into them. You just tell them you bought yours separately and aren't willing to send the whole console.

Reactions: eoinzy

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
So backups are XCI and "cia type format" are NSP, right?

I would like to know if those files are like the 3DS, only install it (with something like FBI for NSP) and play it without Ninti knowing they are not "legal". I think is something about not using private headers. Are NSP/XCI like that?

Also NSP/XCI are signature checked, right? So that means i can install it (NSP) and no need for CFW to play it after that?

Last edited by alexj9626,

poulp3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a 7 years old PC with USB 2.0 ports and a recent android phone, how can I manage to launch the payload?

Everybody's talking about a USB-C to USB-A cable, but what cable it is exactly? Male USB-C to female USB-A? Is it a regular iphone cable?
male usb C to male USB A. like this :
Tronsmart USB-C to USB-A Cable with 56k Resistor

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So backups are XCI and "cia type format" are NSP, right?

I would like to know if those files are like the 3DS, only install it (with something like FBI for NSP) and play it without Ninti knowing they are not "legal". I think is something about not using private headers. Are NSP/XCI like that?

Also NSP/XCI are signature checked, right? So that means i can install it (NSP) and no need for CFW to play it after that?
Judging by TX's use of them, I think they're more like ISO files. Basically like images of the carts, that the CFW will trick the device into thinking its an actual cart inserted inside. Then you'll press button combinations to switch between different cart images so that you can choose what you want to play. Like Sky3DS+.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls