Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Your initial post said you were booting into RCM but the GUI is saying the Switch is not in RCM. Are you booting into RCM then plugging it into your computer? If so, does it start charging after you plugged it in?

Oh, sorry. Yeah, I hold volume+ and the power button, the screen doesn't boot, then I plug it into my pc but nothing happens. No device sound, etc.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have a Kindle Fire. All I need is a USB-OTG adapter, right?
Yes, you will be utilizing an app called NXLoader. Here is a link to the github page: https://github.com/DavidBuchanan314/NXLoader (Unfortunately, there's no thread on GBATemp for it). By default, it loads the ReSwitched payload which is a proof of concept, but you can change the payload by going into the phone's SD card and swapping out the .bin file with whatever payload you want to send to your Switch.

Reactions: PossiblyOne

Trappie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m about to buy a switch. New they are € 330 here, unknown firmware. I found someone selling one for € 220 with zelda included, running the latest firmware. Does the latter qualify running CFW to run disk dumps off an sd card? I downloaded 500+ gb of dumps and am solely interested in piracy. Thank you for the response!

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was able to get into RCM mode by bending a jumbo paperclip that barely fit in the joycon rail after I slid it in, but haven't been able to replicate my success since then. I have no idea what kind of scissors or pliers to use on the clip to snap it like the thread, but I can't find one to cut the clip. It's an upside down U shape, right? Well, regardless I live in Canada where the paper clips aren't exactly easy to bend unless you muscle it, and they are practically impossible to cut. Is there a specific technique that I should know or a specific brand of pliers/scissors to use?

Also to my knowledge, GBATemp does not condone piracy and homebrew is for experimental purposes only as well as playing backups of games you already own.

Last edited by Klavice Gavin,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a 200gb sd card, a switch on 3.0.2 and nxloader for android.
What payload should i use to get a nand backup if i don't want to use linux?

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
There are obviously dangers in installing homebrew on Switch,but which ones are they ?
Can your NNID get banned for installing homebrew?
Can your console get bricked by installing homebrew?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are obviously dangers in installing homebrew on Switch,but which ones are they ?
Can your NNID get banned for installing homebrew?
Can your console get bricked by installing homebrew?
1. its certainly not impossible, especially early on when people dont know what nintendo can and cant find out about. some guy just had two switches banned, one of which used a hbloader and pegaswitch only ages ago.
2. potentially if you install shoddy homebrew

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1. its certainly not impossible, especially early on when people dont know what nintendo can and cant find out about. some guy just had two switches banned, one of which used a hbloader and pegaswitch only ages ago.
2. potentially if you install shoddy homebrew
So would I be safe if I created a NNID just use homebrew and one to buy games,dlcs,etc ?
(I may have a wrong idea of how NNIDs work,I don't own a Switch yet,though,I've heard about the from both 3ds and Wii U

bakedbeans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
What is the statue of upstreaming all the various linux patches for the switch hardwar the mailine kernel , u-boot, mesa, coreboot and all the others, has that been just stated as "we will one day do it" or is that process started somewhere on the various mailinglists yet?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So would I be safe if I created a NNID just use homebrew and one to buy games,dlcs,etc ?
(I may have a wrong idea of how NNIDs work,I don't own a Switch yet,though,I've heard about the from both 3ds and Wii U
probably not. i mean, if they start banning in mass, they will ban the entire console (and potentially all accounts on it maybe?)
the safest way would be one entirely clean system and one homebrew system. for everything else, we probably need time and just see what happens

SwaGoat

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
probably not. i mean, if they start banning in mass, they will ban the entire console (and potentially all accounts on it maybe?)
the safest way would be one entirely clean system and one homebrew system. for everything else, we probably need time and just see what happens
welp,lol,I'm not rich.All I wanted was emulators (since VC is probably never coming to Switch)
Anyway,thanks

Chino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So trying to install homebrew on 5.0.2 is pretty pointless right? Seeing as the CFW clears on every reboot and having it installed causes the sleep mode to lock, forcing a restart.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So trying to install homebrew on 5.0.2 is pretty pointless right? Seeing as the CFW clears on every reboot and having it installed causes the sleep mode to lock, forcing a restart.

To add onto this is persistence something that can be easily fixed through CFW? If I wanted to use CFW, purchase stardew valley from eshop (only way to get it, no retail carts) would I have to redownload and start a new game everytime?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m about to buy a switch. New they are € 330 here, unknown firmware. I found someone selling one for € 220 with zelda included, running the latest firmware. Does the latter qualify running CFW to run disk dumps off an sd card? I downloaded 500+ gb of dumps and am solely interested in piracy. Thank you for the response!
All firmwares based on the current Switch revision can utilize all of the available and upcoming CFWs. The new Switch revision, Mariko, will not be but as far as know, they are not publicly available yet. Also, there is no CFW that can run backups off the SD card at the current time. TX's modchip uses a CFW that can do this but it will be released on June 15th which is the same time that another CFW, Atmosphere, is planned for completion.

So I was able to get into RCM mode by bending a jumbo paperclip that barely fit in the joycon rail after I slid it in, but haven't been able to replicate my success since then. I have no idea what kind of scissors or pliers to use on the clip to snap it like the thread, but I can't find one to cut the clip. It's an upside down U shape, right? Well, regardless I live in Canada where the paper clips aren't exactly easy to bend unless you muscle it, and they are practically impossible to cut. Is there a specific technique that I should know or a specific brand of pliers/scissors to use?

Also to my knowledge, GBATemp does not condone piracy and homebrew is for experimental purposes only as well as playing backups of games you already own.
I used a pair of large scissors (if that helps) to cut them. Pliers would probably work better as they would produce a cleaner cut than scissors. And yes, you are aiming for the upside-down U shape. Are Canadian paperclips that different from American paperclips?

For the record, GBATemp allows the discussion of piracy as well as backup loaders. What they do not condone are the sharing of warez (backups), links to sites where you can download warez, or asking for warez. However, providing hints about where to find them is a grey area that is abused all the time.

What is the statue of upstreaming all the various linux patches for the switch hardwar the mailine kernel , u-boot, mesa, coreboot and all the others, has that been just stated as "we will one day do it" or is that process started somewhere on the various mailinglists yet?
...link?

To add onto this is persistence something that can be easily fixed through CFW? If I wanted to use CFW, purchase stardew valley from eshop (only way to get it, no retail carts) would I have to redownload and start a new game everytime?
The current CFW (which acts more like a HEN, but that's just a technicality) is not designed for public usage. It has many bugs and problems, one of them being unable to enter sleep mode. The other CFW that is currently being worked on, Atmosphere, will most likely not have this issue as it has been in the works since February now and will be the tool that the entire community, minus the TX users, ends up utilizing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1