xxxacexxx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    fab great help guys.....really appreciated

Draxzelex likes this.
  2. k7ra

k7ra GBAtemp Fan

So, I'm on 2.1.0. What I need to do?
    Need update or wait and then somehow I can play games on low fw?
    I guess softmod would be perfect and can I play games that require higher fw like xenoblade c2?

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  3. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I've completely turned off wifi on my 3.0 Switch. How can I now use Pegaswitch without getting that web applet blocking update notification downloading onto my device?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Depends on what you want to do. If you are looking to play backups, there is no way to do that for the time being apart from buying Team Xectuer's modchip that will be released on June 15th.

Voila: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switchbru-dns-v4-0-0.503818/

Rune likes this.
  5. Slynnt

Slynnt Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Dont think anyones got this same problem but i cant see ANY of my homebrew apps in the hbmenu. Im running 5.0.2 and ive tried placing files everywhere. Ive placed them in the switch folder, in subfolders named exactly like the files and on the root of the sd card and a mix of all those. Nothing appears in hbmenu?

6. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

United States
    A member of this community has some videos that might assist you. This is a rabbit hole worth falling into.

Douse yourself in knowledge. If you get the chance, remember to thank those who made this possible.

Draxzelex and Slynnt like this.
  7. Slynnt

Slynnt Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Appreciate it!

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  8. BR6

BR6 Member
    Newcomer

I have a 3.02
    Is the advice to still stay low or doesnt matter now with new developments and tx switch os (dumped??)

9. H1B1Esquire

United States
    Stay low until you have the device in your hands.

10. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I think it only matters if you're on either 1.0 (which is apparently the best), and then 3.0. If you're over 3.0, you might as well be on 4.1.
    But since updating would now take you all the way to 5.0+, the only way to 4.1 is via a game cart, and if you're gonna have to spend money, you might as well wait with what you have and see if anything develops.

11. H1B1Esquire

United States
    Kirby & return.

----

I needed a lul.
    View attachment 124125

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    crazy_p and Rune like this.
  12. JimmyDean42

JimmyDean42 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a way to do a NAND backup on 3.0.0 with Pegaswitch? I tried DumbBIS(dot)js, but it only generated a 4096 byte file before erroring out in the console. I was hoping to get the whole ~2 Gb.

I'm only using Pegaswitch to backup/restore saves and run other simple homebrew (no jig/FG stuff) so I don't know that I NEED a backup, but would like to make one if possible/necessary. thx!

13. H1B1Esquire

United States
    It might be worth it to look into FuGe; tape and tinfoil is the key. There are other things Hekate can do, but there are also stripped versions.

Youtube vids are okay right now--info is in the realm of current.

------

JD, ignore the attached file....I was rolling on the forum lulzing and it stuck to me.

Attached Files:

Draxzelex likes this.
  14. NotXeroShi

NotXeroShi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    After Using the Tinfoil Method (Only 9 and 10 pins were touched) My Switch can't recognize my right joycon connected to my switch. Anyone got a fix? otherwise I might just buy a new set of joycons.

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    This is why using tin foil is not recommended. Even if may appear to be only touching pins 9 and 10, it may even up being in contact with the other pins. It may even move a bit after it is inserted into the Switch. This is not a problem due to the Joy-Cons but the pins on the Switch rail that the Joy-Con connects to. Either remove the tin-foil and use something else or replace the Switch rail.

16. NotXeroShi

NotXeroShi Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It only seems like the right joycon isnt connected to the switch. I connected my left joycon to the right rail to see if the rail was messed up. it only seems to be the right joycon the wont connect. I do plan on buying new joycons so this isnt bad for me anyways.

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    What the tin foil is doing is it shorting pins 9 and 10 on the Joy-Con which end up shorting pins 9 and 10 on the Switch. This type of problem can occur due to other being pins being shorted, but it is a problem stemming from the Switch's side and not the Joy-Cons. Buying another Joy-Con won't connect to the right side since the pins on the right side are being damaged by the tin foil. The left side remains intact because you only shorted the pins on the right side. So your options are still to remove the tin foil and use something else or replace the Switch right-hand rail.

I repeat: This is not a Joy-Con issue. It is an issue spawning from the Switch's right rail which is unaffected by the left side. A new Joy-Con will not connect to your Switch's right rail with the tin foil in place.

18. PossiblyOne

PossiblyOne Alive For Now

United States
    So I can boot into RCM, but whenever I plug my switch into my pc and install the APX drivers nothing happens with tegraRCM. My cable isn't faulty, the switch charges just fine. I've been working on this for several hours and I'm tempted to give up.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    In order to use TegraSmash, you have to drag and drop a payload, or a .bin file, in order for it to be sent to the Switch. Simply plugging in the Switch and double clicking on TegraSmash will not do anything.

20. PossiblyOne

PossiblyOne Alive For Now

United States
    No, this is what I mean:

Obviously, I know it needs a payload but it can't even detect the switch first.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH