1. Troll1011

Troll1011 Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    The update is for support for SDXC. I have updated for it, so far i have no problems

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Account bans are incredibly rare; you have a better chance at being struck by lightning tan having your account banned. That being said, I don't know how deleting a User profile will affect the saves on the console.

Again, not sure how the console treats save files for a console without any associated User profiles but outside of using the various save managers to inject save files, you can use this long-winded way of injecting save files into the NAND.
    Yes
    The Atmosphere CFW by itself is just the Atmosphere folder. Fusee is just the bootloader they use to load it but Hekate has been launching Atmosphere for months now and has more features than Fusee so unless you really want as vanilla as an Atmosphere experience as possible, just use Hekate instead of Fusee (at least fusee-primary).
    You can use a network or USB installation to bypass the double space requirement.
    That is the exFAT update the console is referring to which you can either obtain by updating your firmware or by using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to patch any firmware you place on the SD card to have exFAT support. Of course, you must format the SD card to FAT32 before you can use ChoiDujourNX which I recommend doing with GUIFormat.

3. Wanap

Wanap Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    I know tinfoil has an option to bypass required firmware when installing games, but wbu installing games as .xci with n1dus / zerotwo? at that case should I update my fw with choidujournx in order to play those games?

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    .NSP files have metadata in them that inflate their firmware requirements while .XCI do not hence why the bypass required firmware version is only present in .NSP installers, not .XCI installers. In any case, if your firmware is too low, I would recommend updating it with ChoiDujourNX.

Wanap likes this.
  5. Porotto

Porotto Member
    Newcomer

is it safe to use to use choidujour to go to 6.0 without burning? ive tried finding some sort of quote on this but reddit nor here offers a quick answer. (want to play dark souls n games which have updated but give me the joycon not connected in flight mode error) or is that a different fix i need to approach? and how would i go about getting the update file ? i forgot what i did when i went from 4.0>5.0

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    ChoiDujourNX, the homebrew application, can update or downgrade you to any firmware you want without burning fuses if you do not toggle AutoRCM off during the installation process.

FYI, ChoiDujour is a Windows program that does the function of ChoiDujourNX but on your computer.

7. TechnicR

TechnicR Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Hello everyone!
    I am very new here and my Switch is still intact. My question is that if I boot into the normal firmware (so restart without JIG), will the pirated games be displayed? Also will Nintendo be able to recognise the modded FW?

So is it possible to go online after the modifications?

Because I own some original games, which I d like to play online, and also try some pirated games (before I buy them maybe)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes, they will be displayed and can recognize that you are using CFW. As for how to go online safely, follow the recommendations in this thread.

9. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I was wondering what's the best program to turn XCI to NSP

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    4NXCI

11. teelo

teelo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Trying to get my AC charger fixed/replaced under warranty. Apparently Nintendo have told the retailer I bought it from that I'll have to send the entire package back to them, console and all just to get a charger repaired. Is it normal for Nintendo to be this annoying? I can still charge the thing through USB-C, just can't use the dock, so I'd rather not send the rest of it back.

12. Ryan Warren

Ryan Warren GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What are all the possible ways to burn fuses after updating without burning fuses? I heard if you play a game cart with the update or let the system die and put it on the charger it will burn fuses. Idk if these are true but I just want to make sure

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    They probably want to make sure the console wasn't modified, or they want to take this chance to change your unpatched Switch to a patched one.
    To burn fuses, you must run a higher firmware than your fuse count and the stock bootloader (using SX OS V1.0 will also burn fuses, but that's just for argument's sake). Normally, ChoiDujour/ChoiDujourNX corrupt boot0 (aka install AutoRCM) to prevent the stock bootloader from burning the fuses. However, AutoRCM can be removed by accident. Such instances are official firmware updates, obtaining the exFAT patch online, and updating the firmware with a cartridge. If the system runs out of battery with AutoRCM installed, it will sit in RCM while you're charging it because AutoRCM is still preventing the stock bootloader from running.

Ryan Warren likes this.
  14. suloku

suloku GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ok, simple question here:

For as long as I can read, the only and safest way to avoid ban (even if no pirated games games are installed, just homebrew) is to restore a clean nand prior to using any online function.

My console is still on 4.10 firmware. For what I understand if I want to take advantage of future (better) hacks 4.10 is one of the desirable firmwares, so if I want to use my switch I should:
    -Backup my 4.10 nand
    -Update trough homebrew to 6.1 so I don't burn my fuses.
    -Question: is my switch considered "clean" at this point? How should I proceed foe the safest, legit, online access? (Also, probably make a nand backup)
    -Never update trough normal means as I wouldn't be able to restore my 4.10 nand
    -If for some reason I want to use hombrew, make a clean backup, disable all online settings, then run homebrew. If I want to go back online, restore the clean backup.
    -If something cool for 4.10 comes, restore ny 4.10 backup by re-enabling homebrew access in my updated switch

Am I missing something? I just want to use my switch the legit way, but homebrew on teh switch (specially emulators and savegame backup/restore) are a great deal...

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Make sure you backup the rawnand and boot0/boot1 because those are firmware-specific as well as irrecoverable outside of a person donating their boot0/boot1.

A Switch that has its firmware updated with homebrew may not be considered "clean", especially compared to one that updated its firmware officially with burnt fuses and all. If you want a more "clean" way of updating your firmware without burning your fuses, you can try following this tutorial.

16. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

When I extracted a file using 4NXCI I got an NCA file, any tips?

17. Porotto

Porotto Member
    Newcomer

ive installed a game on 5.0 and realized it needed 6.0 to play so ive updated to 6.0.1 -on choinujour, and when i try to run newer games or newer updated/dlc games i get an error saying plug joycon in or turn off airplane mode then click OKAY and the game errors and closes and asks me to scan it to fix? is there a simple way around this

18. unpaiktable

unpaiktable Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hello again from a switch noob! Can I use SX OS with ns-atmosphere payload injector? What is the process of obtaining a license and copy of SX OS?

Thank you so much

19. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Yes you can, here is a pretty good summary - https://gbatemp.net/threads/ns-atmosphere-payload-injector-overview.516520/

You buy the SXOS license from a reseller of them, I use personally Shop01media, but there is a ton of options out there. Use a trusted and I recommended approved vendor from TX.
    Then you put the license generated key on your SD, and that's it! SXOS you just download from their website.

unpaiktable likes this.
  20. unpaiktable

unpaiktable Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Awesome, thanks for the fast response!

linuxares likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH