Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BirdInsideYourWalls

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi! Recently modded the switch (like, two days ago) and it went smoothly, even added themes already, however im stumped at getting a mod to work...

Main issue: when loading up the mod manager, both versions, the mod is labeled as inactive, and doesn't change after trying to install it or pressing Y. Ive also gone into the game to see if the changes i want are happening, they are not.
What ive done: followed the mod mangers guide on how to install and make folders, as well as making a folder in a Atmosphere/content/gameId path

Things worth mentioning; Im using a north american switch, a european(german) copy of totk, ensured the gameID is works for european version, the mod im using is the anthro wolf link mod and no other ones. also made sure the mod is compatible with the version of totk i have. Used the rcm jig method.

I really tried to find a solution but i dont know what exactly to do anymore. any help is super appreciated
Replying to myself because a friend of mine was so kind to brainstorm the issue with me, sharing it in case for others;

Boot console into Atmosphere menu → Tools → Arch Bit → fix archive bit.
Solved the issue, sorry to be a bother!

xxjuanandresxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hey people, I hope you are having a nice day.

Well I got a Unpatched Nintendo Switch v1(XAJ7000..) with auto-RCM mode ON, that I can't inject payloads (tried with Hekate). TegraRCM freezes and Rekado does nothing but saying "Unable to get device ID"
My switch has the latest firmware and I heard in forums that maybe it was the cable I was using or the SD card, well I tried with 6 different cables that supports File Transfer and 3 different SD's (Using FAT32 and exFAT formats) and I had the same problem.
I though it was the battery so I tried to charge it by the night by connecting a original charger to it, then press the power button by 30 seconds to assure that the switch got out from the RCM mode.
But the results are the same. I can't do anything here because the switch refuses to receive payloads. Even I tried to power off the switch completely than connect the cable to the PC/Phone to inject the payload, and I tried to reset the console with the cable connected but nothing happens.

I don't know if buying a portable RCMLoader will fix the issue but I can't do anything right now, thank you for your time.

EDIT: Also I tried to inject payloads that does not need SD files as BiskeyDump but also fails

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey people, I hope you are having a nice day.

Well I got a Unpatched Nintendo Switch v1(XAJ7000..) with auto-RCM mode ON, that I can't inject payloads (tried with Hekate). TegraRCM freezes and Rekado does nothing but saying "Unable to get device ID"
My switch has the latest firmware and I heard in forums that maybe it was the cable I was using or the SD card, well I tried with 6 different cables that supports File Transfer and 3 different SD's (Using FAT32 and exFAT formats) and I had the same problem.
I though it was the battery so I tried to charge it by the night by connecting a original charger to it, then press the power button by 30 seconds to assure that the switch got out from the RCM mode.
But the results are the same. I can't do anything here because the switch refuses to receive payloads. Even I tried to power off the switch completely than connect the cable to the PC/Phone to inject the payload, and I tried to reset the console with the cable connected but nothing happens.

I don't know if buying a portable RCMLoader will fix the issue but I can't do anything right now, thank you for your time.

EDIT: Also I tried to inject payloads that does not need SD files as BiskeyDump but also fails

Should be able to inject Hekate if you are on AutoRCM, if you aren't on autoRCM then you need a jig to get into RCM mode. Also check to see if you have the driver suggested above.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I think so
BTW, I got my switch to start with the boot.dat? error
I would recommend deleting all of the files from your SD card and downloading new ones online. You can download Atmosphere from its official GitHub page as well as Hekate from its respective page if you use it. If you also pirate games, you will need to redownload the patches from this thread.

Reactions: Blythe93

xxjuanandresxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Should be able to inject Hekate if you are on AutoRCM, if you aren't on autoRCM then you need a jig to get into RCM mode. Also check to see if you have the driver suggested above.
My PC detects the Switch on RCM mode

1707323503452.png

Then after I click inject:

1707323536072.png

The SD is correct inserted on the Switch, what would you think is wrong, even I tried to inject Payloads that does not require SD data as BisDumpKey, an nothing happens, Maybe the USB Port is damaged?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PC detects the Switch on RCM mode

View attachment 418720

Then after I click inject:

View attachment 418721

The SD is correct inserted on the Switch, what would you think is wrong, even I tried to inject Payloads that does not require SD data as BisDumpKey, an nothing happens, Maybe the USB Port is damaged?
It looks like you are trying to push an old Hekate.bin (5.00) try this one instead (6.0.7): https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases
Or the Fusee.bin from here: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: BigOnYa

xxjuanandresxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Doesn't seem it wants to inject the payload, you might want to try another port/another usb c cable, worse case try another computer
I tried with 6 different cables and 2 different PC's and one Android phone with Rekado. Nothing happens.
One of the cables was the Nintend original cable so I think is something with the console.

Modder_Boi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently in the process I’m getting ready to install a modchip on my switch oled. I am using an RP 2040 tiny from waveshare. I was not aware until recently that people often install resistors along with the mod chip, and I have been unable to find any links or exact specs for the resistors used. I have heard of people using 10 and some using 47 ohm resistors (and I have not seen anyone specify wattage), so I am not sure what is right. Any and all help (especially links!) is appreciated.

Last edited by Modder_Boi,

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an absolute Time with my switch.
I learned that it does not like when nintendo servers are blocked. Not an issue so far, as I don't plan on going online or using the net much for now, but still an issue. What's the best way to combat this?
(To be crystal clear, the error code was 2155-8007)

I also delinked my nintendo account for obvious reasons. And during all this, I archived Animal Crossing, and now cannot get it back without a backup. For backed up games seperated into multiple files (eg part1, part2) how does that work on switch? I'm really, really confused about that.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an absolute Time with my switch.
I learned that it does not like when nintendo servers are blocked. Not an issue so far, as I don't plan on going online or using the net much for now, but still an issue. What's the best way to combat this?
(To be crystal clear, the error code was 2155-8007)

I also delinked my nintendo account for obvious reasons. And during all this, I archived Animal Crossing, and now cannot get it back without a backup. For backed up games seperated into multiple files (eg part1, part2) how does that work on switch? I'm really, really confused about that.
https://rentry.co/ExosphereDNSMITM
https://gbatemp.net/threads/90dns-dns-server-for-blocking-all-nintendo-servers.516234/post-10329551

Reactions: Blythe93

enochlinux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your serial number blanked out? You using Linalho?
It was a digital copy of the game -_- I will just reinstall the game, I was wondering about games that get broken up into multiple files
Post automatically merged:

It was a digital copy of the game -_- I will just reinstall the game, I was wondering about games that get broken up into multiple files
No, I am not using Linalho. I had to look it up actually XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1