Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BernieLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
i tried reinstalling breeze. maybe i didnt do it right. i deleted the breeze folder, downloaded the zip file, unzip on my desktop and copied everything into the root and overwritten every thing. it still behaves the same.
Post automatically merged:

Yes like Doctorbeefy said, but if using Breeze - https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/releases/tag/beta87
i tried reinstalling breeze. maybe i didnt do it right. i deleted the breeze folder, downloaded the zip file, unzip on my desktop and copied everything into the root and overwritten every thing. it still behaves the same.

oh. here's some history of how i got to this state. i was messing around in AIO updater. first i clicked update atmosphere. when asked if i want to overwrite "some-name-i-forgot.ini" and "disable-some-sysmodule" something i clicked yes. than my switch crashed and i rebooted it and ended up like this.

Removed my SD card. Tried reinstalling breeze manually. Deleted breeze folder, deleted Edizon folder and contents folder from atmosphere. Manually copied all the folders into my SD card. Now I could not even get it on. That's sad..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-27-02-31-51-823_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-27-02-31-51-823_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser-edit.jpg
    654.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by BernieLee,

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a folder named "010041544D530000" in the "atmosphere\contents" folder of your SD?

I would look into how to uninstall the mod as well or disable it. I assume your issue is the mod.
I just checked and the folder in that location is named "01006A800016E000" so I guess I'll have to try Blythe93's solutions.

Do check @Doctorbeefy's solution first as the fresh Atmosphere/Hekate install might not be necessary.

Are you on latest Atmosphere/Hekate/sigpatches at all? If you're not on firmware 17.x.x, did you clear your prodinfo at some point in the past?

if you're on the latest version of Atmosphere/Hekate, you can follow this guide which will give you the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and some of the homebrew apps set up. Additionally, you'll need the latest sigpatches (in order to run games) and DNSMITM (to block Nintendo servers). Before deleting those other folders, I'd make a backup of them as well, just in case. You can probably restore your apps from the switch folder, provided you know which one of them aren't causing the issue with the game (I'm not familiar with mods, unfortunately). You might have some custom .ini settings set up for your Atmosphere/Hekate, which you can restore later from the folders you've made a backup of.
I'm currently on CFW 16.0.3 and AMS 1.5.4, I don't know what prodinfo is? I also backed up my entire SD card last night, so I guess I'll start trying to format my SD card and reinstall everything from scratch using the guides you provided.

Last edited by RookieHaxer,

BernieLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

oh. here's some history of how i got to this state. i was messing around in AIO updater. first i clicked update atmosphere. when asked if i want to overwrite "some-name-i-forgot.ini" and "disable-some-sysmodule" something i clicked yes. than my switch crashed and i rebooted it and ended up like this.
)
Removed my SD card. Tried reinstalling breeze manually. Deleted breeze folder, deleted Edizon folder and contents folder from atmosphere. Manually copied all the folders into my SD card. Now I could not even get it on. That's sad..
Managed to fix this issue and boot into AMS. (it was an issue with the wrong hekate_ipl.ini). however booting up breeze still remains an issue..

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do check @Doctorbeefy's solution first as the fresh Atmosphere/Hekate install might not be necessary.

Are you on latest Atmosphere/Hekate/sigpatches at all? If you're not on firmware 17.x.x, did you clear your prodinfo at some point in the past?

if you're on the latest version of Atmosphere/Hekate, you can follow this guide which will give you the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and some of the homebrew apps set up. Additionally, you'll need the latest sigpatches (in order to run games) and DNSMITM (to block Nintendo servers). Before deleting those other folders, I'd make a backup of them as well, just in case. You can probably restore your apps from the switch folder, provided you know which one of them aren't causing the issue with the game (I'm not familiar with mods, unfortunately). You might have some custom .ini settings set up for your Atmosphere/Hekate, which you can restore later from the folders you've made a backup of.
Ok, yesterday I backed up and deleted everything on my SD Card and then I did a fresh reinstall and updated everything like you suggested and everything seems to be working fine now. Thank you so much! :)

HuggingFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought a modded OLED but am somewhat clueless on how to use it besides holding R while selecting a game. But they still seem to fail launching from Tinfoil. Is there a QuickStart guide somewhere?

I downloaded another game that says "Firmware 17.0.1 and master key 16.0 are required." but I don't know where to find this master key app or what it accomplishes

After updating "sigpatches" I was able to launch most (but not all) the games already installed.
I also found a file "prod.keys" on the site but not sure where to put it or what it does.

I was able to install a .nsp game via DBI MTP responder, but it does not launch; instead trying to direct me to the Nintendo eShop. My device has never left airplane mode. Do I need to visit the eshop and link an account? Is there special way to do that with a modded switch? Or did it just not install the game correctly?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating "sigpatches" I was able to launch most (but not all) the games already installed.
I also found a file "prod.keys" on the site but not sure where to put it or what it does.

I was able to install a .nsp game via DBI MTP responder, but it does not launch; instead trying to direct me to the Nintendo eShop. My device has never left airplane mode. Do I need to visit the eshop and link an account? Is there special way to do that with a modded switch? Or did it just not install the game correctly?

It is recommended you read a guide such as rentry to get a general understand of switch homebrew and hacking.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

HuggingFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read that a few times

I have a question that it doesn't cover; If I have a legitimate game cartridge. do I play that in Horizon or Atmosphere? How do I launch Horizon?
Horizon is the name of the Nintendo Switch operating system.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a question that it doesn't cover; If I have a legitimate game cartridge. do I play that in Horizon or Atmosphere? How do I launch Horizon?
Well, if you want to play online, you'll do that in Horizon.
There are a few ways you can boot into Horizon.

You can boot into Hekate, click on Reboot option and select OFW option.
You can also turn off the console completely, and before pressing the power button in order to turn it on, hold + and - buttons (+ might be enough as well, but I'm not sure) until you see Nintendo logo. You can release the volume button(s) then, otherwise it'll go into maintenance mode.

• Love
Reactions: HuggingFace

HuggingFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you want to play online, you'll do that in Horizon.
There are a few ways you can boot into Horizon.

You can boot into Hekate, click on Reboot option and select OFW option.
You can also turn off the console completely, and before pressing the power button in order to turn it on, hold + and - buttons (+ might be enough as well, but I'm not sure) until you see Nintendo logo. You can release the volume button(s) then, otherwise it'll go into maintenance mode.

Thank you!

Reactions: Blythe93

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got Disney Dreamlight Valley, it came with these update files, which one is the best to keep?

• n-disneydv_v196608.nsp
  • Disney Dreamlight Valley 1.8.6 [0100D39012C1A800][v1638400][UPD].nsp
  • Disney Dreamlight Valley 1_8_6 [0100D39012C1A800][v1638400].nsz

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got Disney Dreamlight Valley, it came with these update files, which one is the best to keep?

• n-disneydv_v196608.nsp
Disney Dreamlight Valley 1.8.6 [0100D39012C1A800][v1638400][UPD].nsp

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

• n-disneydv_v196608.nsp
The latest one available is (usually) the best to keep. Though, as far as I can see, v1.8.7 is out as well, so you might want to check that one instead.

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back again! A couple months back I setup my switch with atmosphere under Hekate v6.0.7 on a 64G SD card. I had it setup with an emuMMC partition set up as a Raw partition. Free space with this setup is minimal. So now I have a much larger SD card.

Is there a tutorial out there. Or could someone help me out. I want to transfer my current partition over to the new larger card. However I'm not sure how to do it when my existing emuMMC is a Raw partition.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm back again! A couple months back I setup my switch with atmosphere under Hekate v6.0.7 on a 64G SD card. I had it setup with an emuMMC partition set up as a Raw partition. Free space with this setup is minimal. So now I have a much larger SD card.

Is there a tutorial out there. Or could someone help me out. I want to transfer my current partition over to the new larger card. However I'm not sure how to do it when my existing emuMMC is a Raw partition.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu