Reactions: BigOnYa

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm setting up an unpatched Switchwith Hekate 6.1.7

I've followed the steps in the Youtubeguide by Kristoffer (which has worked for me in the past on another Switch).

I have completed the steps;
Partition manager > set the emuMMCslider to 29gb FULL
EmuMMC > Create emuMMC > SelectSD Partition > Part 1
Now the step I'm hitting a brick wallwith is;
Payloads > fusee.bin
I then get a black screen stating “a fatal error occurred when running fusée Invalid gpt signature”

How do I get round this? It's won't even switch off, when I hold the off button it just tries to reboot and ends up at the same error screen!

Last edited by unpatchedswitch,

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks... SD card transition successful. One bonus is the new card seems to be way faster than the old one.

The only downside to the instructions in that other thread is in step 5 to create a special partition but they don't get into specifics. Maybe how depends on which type of partition is being used. But they could have been more specific without going into too much detail.

Also I did a couple of steps out of order. :lol: But once I figured it out everything is working great. :D

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

I've followed the steps in the Youtubeguide by Kristoffer (which has worked for me in the past on another Switch).

Payloads > fusee.bin
I then get a black screen stating “a fatal error occurred when running fusée Invalid gpt signature”

How do I get round this? It's won't even switch off, when I hold the off button it just tries to reboot and ends up at the same error screen!
You might need to update your fusee.bin payload as well, depending on which version of the Atmosphere you have on your Switch. Is your SD card formatted to FAT32 or exFAT? exFAT is more prone to corruption, so in case you did you exFAT, you'll need to redo the process with FAT32 formatted SD card instead.

If that isn't the case, you can turn off the Switch completely by holding the power button for about 20s or so. After that, follow this (I've used this one personally) or this (pretty good one as well, but its steps are slightly less explained) guide instead in order to hack you Switch. Usually, the video guides on YouTube, while convenient, are usually not up-to-date.

In order to update your emuMMC firmware to the latest version, instead of updating your OFW to the latest and dumping the firmware files from it, I suggest getting the files from the Internet instead, just make sure that it's from the trustworthy source (quick Google search will lead you to the site, we are not allowed to link to those sites due to the copyrighted material). Once you do that, put them inside the e.g. firmware folder (any name will do, as long as you can find it easily later) and once on Switch, run Daybreak to update your emuMMC firmware (detailed steps can be found here). If you'd like to play game backups, you'll need latest sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (which requires Tesla + nx-ovlloader) as well.

Good luck!

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a modded OLED with a Picofly chip and I was wondering if there is a safe way to boot up the sysnand for online play? It automatically boots into hekate on restart. I know with the non-chip V1 systems you remove the memory card before rebooting into sysnand but I cannot remove the memory card before-hand on my OLED.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey guys, I have a modded OLED with a Picofly chip and I was wondering if there is a safe way to boot up the sysnand for online play? It automatically boots into hekate on restart. I know with the non-chip V1 systems you remove the memory card before rebooting into sysnand but I cannot remove the memory card before-hand on my OLED.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You can boot into OFW if you turn off your console completely first and, while holding both volume + and - buttons press the power button until you see Nintendo logo. Now, whether it's safe to use sysNAND for online play, I'd say that it's as safe as it can get, as long as you don't install pirated game backups and homebrew forwarders, use overlays and alike. I'm not sure if there's a difference between unpatched V1 and modded consoles in terms of keeping your sysNAND clean of all unofficial things and emuNAND for all your homebrew apps and game backups.

EDIT: Also, if you boot into Hekate on restart, you can reboot to OFW via Hekate as well.

GetReal720

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which type of pico fly mod chip is this? Is it RP zero based, RP tiny based? I tried finding an instinct NX6 based chip, but there seems to be some secret handshake you need to do for aliexpress to show you anything when searching switch mod chip....

Here is what I bought:

Screenshot 2024-01-29 1912301.png

I hear varying things, and I don't want to wind up installing a chip that will potentially corrupt my emmc....

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by GetReal720,

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Original question

Payloads > fusee.bin

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi thanks for your reply. To answer your comments;

You might need to update yourfusee.bin payload as well, depending on which version of theAtmosphere you have on your Switch.
How do I do this? I'm new to this so I have no idea how to do any of that. I'd need info on;
  1. How to update fuse payload
  2. How to find out which version of Atmosphere I have.

The Atmosphere files I downloaded and copy pasted onto the switch SD card are the latest ones from the github website, dated Oct 28, 2023 which I believe is Atmosphere 1.6.2

Is your SD card formatted to FAT32or exFAT?
It's already fat32

followthis(I've used this one personally) or this(pretty good one as well, but its steps are slightly less explained)guide instead in order to hack you Switch. Usually, the video guideson YouTube, while convenient, are usually not up-to-date.
Thanks but I already know that theguide I followed on youtube works. It worked fine for when I modded my own Switch a few weeks ago. Nothing has been updated on the hekate, atmosphere, sigpatches download pages since then, so I see no reason why this second Switch shouldn't install everything as easily as my own Switch did.

In order to updateyour emuMMC firmware to the latest version, instead of updating yourOFW to the latest and dumping the firmware files from it, I suggestgetting the files from the Internet instead, just make sure that it'sfrom the trustworthy source (quick Google search will lead you to thesite, we are not allowed to link to those sites due to thecopyrighted material). Once you do that, put them inside the e.g.firmware folder (any name will do, as long as you can find it easilylater) and once on Switch, run Daybreak to update your emuMMCfirmware (detailed steps can be found here).
Thanks for the effort but I don'tunderstand most of this and I'm not sure it's related to my question about the error code.

I'm assuming OFW means Official Nintendo Firmware? If it does, I did a system update on the switch (the official way) on 28 January before I started modding it

Last edited by unpatchedswitch,
Reactions: Blythe93

mobiusherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I have an old unpatched switch and a few legit digital games connected to my account. Was thinking of hacking it since I don't play online anymore. My main purpose will be piracy.

Am I correct in thinking that once I pirate some games on it, if I ever wanted to go back to playing my legit games online in multiplayer, I'd need to use a second, non-hacked switch? And that my save files would be safe on the cloud and accessible to a possible future second switch?

Additionally, would I be able to keep playing my legit games while offline, and still somehow be able to back them up for use on another switch? (I understand if it's not possible). Thank you.

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have an old unpatched switch and a few legit digital games connected to my account. Was thinking of hacking it since I don't play online anymore. My main purpose will be piracy.

Am I correct in thinking that once I pirate some games on it, if I ever wanted to go back to playing my legit games online in multiplayer, I'd need to use a second, non-hacked switch? And that my save files would be safe on the cloud and accessible to a possible future second switch?

Additionally, would I be able to keep playing my legit games while offline, and still somehow be able to back them up? (I understand if it's not possible). Thank you.
No just set up an emunand and use piracy there with https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM this setup for the emunand. Then only play online with the stock firmware.

mobiusherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No just set up an emunand and use piracy there with https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM this setup for the emunand. Then only play online with the stock firmware.
So it's like I can have a separate "emulated" session where I don't connect to the online services at all and can use piracy, and another that keeps my current legit system intact? And I can freely move from emunand to sysnand, and Nintendo can't see I have an hidden emunand as long as I only connect to them with sysnand? This sounds too good to be true so I just want to mare sure I understood it :')

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's like I can have a separate "emulated" session where I don't connect to the online services at all and can use piracy, and another that keeps my current legit system intact? And I can freely move from emunand to sysnand, and Nintendo can't see I have an hidden emunand as long as I only connect to them with sysnand? This sounds too good to be true so I just want to mare sure I understood it :')
yes basically but you are switching from emunand/emuMMC to Stock Nand through hekate.

There is also a way to CFW Stocknand but I wouldn't bother doing this as you risk getting banned.

I would recommend reading through this: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

mobiusherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes basically but you are switching from emunand/emuMMC to Stock Nand through hekate.

There is also a way to CFW Stocknand but I wouldn't bother doing this as you risk getting banned.

I would recommend reading through this: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Thank you SO MUCH for this info! This is amazing. And thank you for the link, I will read through it! =)

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Anybody?
a fatal error occurred when running fusée Invalid gpt signature” when launching Atmosphere
Did you update your fusee.bin payload? You should use the one that came with the accompanying Atmosphere build that you have installed on your SD card. Seeing that you're already on the latest Atmosphere build, you can find the latest payload under assets here. Here's the direct link to it. Since you already know how to send payloads to your Switch, just link to the new fusee.bin file that you just downloaded previously.

Last edited by Blythe93,

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you update your fusee.bin payload? You should use the one that came with the accompanying Atmosphere build that you have installed on your SD card. Seeing that you're already on the latest Atmosphere build, you can find the latest payload under assets here. Here's the direct link to it. Since you already know how to send payloads to your Switch, just link to the new fusee.bin file that you just downloaded previously.

Hi as I said in my last reply, I have no idea how to update the fusee.bin payload. (guessing you didn't see it as the forum wouldn't let me quote you for some reason)

The fusee.bin I currently have on my SD card is the latest one you can download from the Atmosphere Github page (dated Oct 28, 2023). It's the only fusee.bin I've ever used, it worked on my own Switch when I modded it a few weeks ago, so I don't see why it'd be an issue when I try to mod the switch I'm currently having issues with.

The only thing I can do with the fusee.bin is delete the fusee.bin which is on my SD card and re-downloaded exactly the same fusee.bin off github again and put that onto the SD card. I've tried this and unsurprisingly it hasnt fixed anything as it's the same fusee.bin as I already had

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi as I said in my last reply, I have no idea how to update the fusee.bin payload. (guessing you didn't see it as the forum wouldn't let me quote you for some reason)

The fusee.bin I currently have on my SD card is the latest one you can download from the Atmosphere Github page (dated Oct 28, 2023). It's the only fusee.bin I've ever used, it worked on my own Switch when I modded it a few weeks ago, so I don't see why it'd be an issue when I try to mod the switch I'm currently having issues with.

The only thing I can do with the fusee.bin is delete the fusee.bin which is on my SD card and re-downloaded exactly the same fusee.bin off github again and put that onto the SD card. I've tried this and unsurprisingly it hasnt fixed anything as it's the same fusee.bin as I already had
I personally use Rekado on my Android phone to send payloads to my Switch, so when I update my payloads I'm updating payloads on my phone, not on my SD card. How do you usually send payloads to your Switch, do you have RCM dongle or something else?

Reactions: BigOnYa

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I personally use Rekado on my Android phone to send payloads to my Switch, so when I update my payloads I'm updating payloads on my phone, not on my SD card. How do you usually send payloads to your Switch, do you have RCM dongle or something else?
Windows 10 PC with Tegra RCM installed. I connect the Switch to my PC via USB then click the 'inject payload' on Tegra and Hekate loads up on my Switch. Exactly the same as this tutorial, but I can't go any further than the step at 10:06

As I've said, this tutorial worked perfectly for me when I modded my own switch so I'm tearing my hair out why I'm repeatedly getting this error when I mod another Switch with exactly the same files; “a fatal error occurred when running fusée Invalid gpt signature”

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've said, this tutorial worked perfectly for me when I modded my own switch so I'm tearing my hair out why I'm repeatedly getting this error when I mod another Switch with exactly the same files; “a fatal error occurred when running fusée Invalid gpt signature”
I would check that your sd card is not a fake or failing using H2testw to start. I have also seen people having problems with "Lexar" brand sd cards, if that may be the case with you. Have you tried using a different sd card? Also why not just ask the Author of that tutorial about your problems, since you followed his guide?

Last edited by BigOnYa,

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would check that your sd card is not a fake or failing using H2testw to start. I have also seen people having problems with "Lexar" brand sd cards, if that may be the case with you. Have you tried using a different sd card? Also why not just ask the Author of that tutorial about your problems, since you followed his guide?
Interesting about the SD card, it's unbranded so I can't check if it's a fake, but it says 1tb, so I suppose it could be a fake 1tb. Why would that stop Atmosphere from running though? Would it be because of the SD card is too slow? Or is it a capacity issue?

With regards to asking the youtuber - I have already asked before coming here. But youtubers by their very nature aren't here to answer questions. They put out videos and move on to putting out another video. They dont make any money by going back into past videos to answer questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: