Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey guys I'm getting this error message suddenly and can't seem to stop it. My switch was loading slowly suddenly so I decided to restart it completely and update the CFW to the latest release now this popup occurs when it tries to load into the home screen. It doesn't seem to be a contents folder error that can be deleted.

Is this an SD card slot failure or SD card failure maybe?
GBho-ncaoAAF6Ho.jpg

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm setting up a new oled switch and i'm wondering if there's any negative consequences in creating a less than 59gb emunand. The sliders jump from (1 to)12 to 59gb. I'm wondering what's the point in creating such a big partition for the emunand if i'm going to be installing everything on the HOS partition anyways.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Blythe93

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just updated my v1 Switch to 17.0.0 and getting this error when trying to install two different games. Not sure if it’s the update that’s causing it or if the NSP files are just bad. One of the games had an update file which I think installed ok as I got the game tile on the dashboard but with a cloud above it, asking me to get the game from the eShop before I can use it.

Went and had a look at the option to enable unsigned code but didn’t go ahead after reading the warning. What’s the code you have to enter to enable anyway?

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpeg
    IMG_0168.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 12

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Went and had a look at the option to enable unsigned code but didn’t go ahead after reading the warning. What’s the code you have to enter to enable anyway?
The code is the usual Konami code (for Switch it's: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, +).
As for whether you should enable it or not, I'd advise against it. It's there to protect the users from malicious NSP files. Do this ONLY if the source can be trusted.

Instead of using Tinfoil, I'd suggest you try to install it with either DBI Installer, which I personally use, or TinWoo Installer.

NextChallenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a legit Switch and a hacked Switch.

I'd like to transfer my Tears of the Kingdom save data from my legit Switch to my hacked Switch.

How can I do that? What's the easiest way?

FWIW my hacked Switch screen doesn't work and it's not that important to me. If the easiest way involves methods that might get my hacked Switch banned, then so be it. I just want to continue my ToTK save on my PC (and I already know how to get my save from the hacked Switch to PC, I just need it on the hacked Switch first).

Edit your hekate IPL autoboot value. 0 is no autoboot. 1,2,3,etc are your launch configurations. Set it to the one for emummc and you are good to go.
Thank you!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to transfer my Tears of the Kingdom save data from my legit Switch to my hacked Switch.
Confirm your save from Legit switch to the official NIntendy cloud save. On other switch with EmuNand, use it to go online and get the Save from the cloud. I think you may have to unlink the 1 console, before you can link the other with your Profile.

NextChallenger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirm your save from Legit switch to the official NIntendy cloud save. On other switch with EmuNand, use it to go online and get the Save from the cloud. I think you may have to unlink the 1 console, before you can link the other with your Profile.
This will likely result in my hacked switch getting flagged for a ban, right? But not my account (probably).

If so, that's fine by me. May as well move all of my save data over to the hacked switch all at once, if so.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pierp2

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello !

Thanks a lot for all the information here and this space for noobs :-)
I have been playing on switch for a few weeks, I had not played video games for a long time :-) I am a noob, I just hacked my switch V1 today with Hekate and Atmosphere 1.6.2. I installed an nsp game, its update, and DLCs all with DBI installer, everything went fine, installations completed without errors, everything appears correctly when I brows the installed games in DBI. The game is correctly updated, but the DLCs are not available when I play, can you please help me ?

Have a nice day

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see some game updates requiring firmware v17.0.1 but the latest version of Atmosphere (1.6.2) only covers firmware v17.0.0, should I wait to update then?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see some game updates requiring firmware v17.0.1 but the latest version of Atmosphere (1.6.2) only covers firmware v17.0.0, should I wait to update then?
No those games don't require 17.0.1 yet, even though it may say that on some sites, and Atmos 1.6.2 does work on 17.0.1.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a homebrew solution which allows for screen-recording, like what the switch already does, but more than 30 seconds at a time? I want to play a game and record my playthrough, and I don't want to be bothered to mess with a capture card if possible.

QWERTY_YTREWQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a way to have a custom game order per playlist in Retroarch?

When i change the filename to

1game
2game
3game

it doesn't sort it on that order.

cga8086

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, i have not updated the switch firmware and atmosphere in a year and a half.

is this the correct process?

1) download from github atmosphere site.
atmosphere-1.6.2-master-f7bf379cf+hbl-2.4.4+hbmenu-3.6.0.zip
fusee.bin
2) download firmware 17.0.0 from darthsternie net
3) download sigpatches from *modsnip*

4) i unzip put everything on the switch SD card
5) i put fusee.bin ... renamed as payload.bin on my external RCM Loader for Switch jig.

6) then i boot the switch, with the jig, atmosphere should boot
7) i go to daybreak,and update firmware to 17.0.0 and follow the update

should that be all?

Last edited by DinohScene,

Bamatr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all! i would really appreciate someones help as i have spent the last 48 hours trying to figure this out but just cant lol
i just recently modded my OLED and im trying to transfer my set up along with the games and saved game files from my V1 to the OLED. ive tried everything from copying and pasting from one SD to another but i believe the EmuNand arent compatible. i have tried doing a complete fresh install on the OLED and tried copying all the game files in the emummc > SD00 > Nintendo folder but got hit with an error that needed me to delete the SD card completely since it was used on another switch . and lastly ive tried copying just the save files alone using JKSV to transfer the files from one switch to another and have had no luck loading up games as i do on my V1. tried using edizon and had the same issue, the save game file would "restore" but when starting the game is like im starting from the beginning.

so my question to all that have upgraded or have gone through this.is there a way to clone my V1 to my new OLED?or should i start from scratch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe