Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was too curious and just tried hekate, to my surprise it actually even fixed a strange problem I had with SX OS payload.

Basically on all mSD I have and tested quite a few all work fine but the latest 256GB fastest one I have never injects the payload the first time and only works the 2nd time, I even made a thread of it quite some time ago and no matter what format or unit allocation size same thing...

I just used the SXTools from android with hekate payload and bam it loaded at first injection right away on this 256GB mSD :D

But I'm not testing atmosphere yet, now I'm testing mSD speed in hekate and what a poor crap compared to the PC card reader...

Anyway have you tried the SX Save manager to actually backup and load saves to see if it work?

It's cause I backed up my saves from SX OS emunand using SX save manager and will try restoring with it on atmosphere emunand later, hope it doesn't corrupt or put them in the wrong place or some crap;)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was too curious and just tried hekate, to my surprise it actually even fixed a strange problem I had with SX OS payload.

Basically on all mSD I have and tested quite a few all work fine but the latest 256GB fastest one I have never injects the payload the first time and only works the 2nd time, I even made a thread of it quite some time ago and no matter what format or unit allocation size same thing...

I just used the SXTools from android with hekate payload and bam it loaded at first injection right away on this 256GB mSD :D

But I'm not testing atmosphere yet, now I'm testing mSD speed in hekate and what a poor crap compared to the PC card reader...

Anyway have you tried the SX Save manager to actually backup and load saves to see if it work?

It's cause I backed up my saves from SX OS emunand using SX save manager and will try restoring with it on atmosphere emunand later, hope it doesn't corrupt or put them in the wrong place or some crap;)
Saves are saves. I’m 99% certain if it will make the backup it will be able to restore. Heck, even the upload to G Drive still works flawlessly. You should even be able to import them with JKSV or Checkpoint without any issues. We can even pull them out of you Nand backup. One sec…I’ll grab you a link.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saves are saves. You should even be able to import them with JKSV or Checkpoint without any issues. We can even pull them out of you Nand backup. One sec…I’ll grab you a link.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/
the sysnand saves I have cause there's only like 1 or 2 and they will get carried with the emunand and I don't care for them...

I just wonder is the SX save manager app it self if like pressing restore won't F* everything up when using it from atmosphere cause it's TX stuff... :D

Also I can confirm SX Tools APK on android totally injects the hekate payload automatically pretty good just like the original default SX OS payload which is nice, no need to unlock android, no need to open the app or press anything.

EDIT: Also is it totally normal for HEKATE mSD speed test to have POOR speeds? I'm getting like 23MBps what a crap :whip:

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sysnand saves I have cause there's only like 1 or 2 and they will get carried with the emunand and I don't care for them...

I just wonder is the SX save manager app it self if like pressing restore won't F* everything up when using it from atmosphere cause it's TX stuff... :D
I just tested using SX Save Manager to backup, delete (in official Ninty Settings menu), and restore a game save all without issue. I’m right back where I was before in Tunic. I would hang on to a copy of yiur *Nand until you have everything safely restored but heck, even the complete Gdrive backups I had it do earlier today look just like JKSV saves.

83ABD570-B140-4865-8E02-A33479F0B984.jpeg

It just works…

E: SX Installer and SX Menu do NOT work at all…no surprise though.

Also I can confirm SX Tools APK on android totally injects the hekate payload automatically pretty good just like the original default SX OS payload which is nice, no need to unlock android, no need to open the app or press anything.

EDIT: Also is it totally normal for HEKATE mSD speed test to have POOR speeds? I'm getting like 23MBps what a crap :whip:

The SDCard reader on Switch is low end. Buying expensive fast SDCards for it is a waste.

Reads or Writes? Do you have a screen shot of you card specs and stats?

Here are mine for comparison (nothing to write home about):

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by binkinator,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, there must be something wrong here cause mine is around 23MBs on both read and write sequential...

I'm using exFat though and already tried 128K and 256K and it's the same crap while on PC this mSD is faster than the Sandisk A2 128GB that I have.

If it pisses me off too much will start spraying WD40 down the reader :D

Anyway I'm now using atmosphere emunand, will have to update and try some crap, but is there any easy way to get a installed game from my old SX OS emunand to put it on atmosphere emunand? (I don't have the game files, the game+update is installed in my old SX OS EMUNAND).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, there must be something wrong here cause mine is around 23MBs on both read and write sequential...

I'm using exFat though and already tried 128K and 256K and it's the same crap while on PC this mSD is faster than the Sandisk A2 128GB that I have.

If it pisses me off too much will start spraying WD40 down the reader :D

Anyway I'm now using atmosphere emunand, will have to update and try some crap, but is there any easy way to get a installed game from my old SX OS emunand to put it on atmosphere emunand? (I don't have the game files, the game+update is installed in my old SX OS EMUNAND).
There are several ways to migrate/copy your emunand from one platform to another.

Here’s 3 ways to migrate here: https://rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

You will need you *Nand and matching emutendo/Nintendo folder to retain your games and game saves.

DaTravBoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting error 2347-0003 when I try to launch things from homebrew menu. Any help is greatly appreciated. Yes. I'm a noob. Lol

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. This only happens when I launch HB Menu not in applet mode.

If you are running sysmodules you might have memory contention. To temporarily test this simply move/rename your /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot. It will come back with no modules (and thus more memory) try that and see if it helps.

If you’re not running any sysmodules, please let me know…

Reactions: DaTravBoo

DaTravBoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are running sysmodules you might have memory contention. To temporarily test this simply move/rename your /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot. It will come back with no modules (and thus more memory) try that and see if it helps.

If you’re not running any sysmodules, please let me know…
Post automatically merged:

Yea. Apparently when I try to launch from the NSP it doesn't work. But does with title takeover. Thanks

Leraixous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know how to downgrade atmosphere and the cfw on emunand? i updated both and lost support for tesla menu. which versions would i have to downgrade to or is there a method to get it working?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know how to downgrade atmosphere and the cfw on emunand? i updated both and lost support for tesla menu. which versions would i have to downgrade to or is there a method to get it working?
Tesla menu works on 15.0.1

Let me grab the link real quick…

E:

This is the official one.

https://github.com/WerWolv/Tesla-Menu

I use this one:

https://github.com/tomvita/Tesla-Menu

They both work with 15.0.1

(If these don’t work, please describe the issue in more detail…how is it broken?)

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Leraixous

Leraixous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Leraixous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you’re sorted. Tesla Menu rocks.

I have a bunch of overlays and stuff in mine. Check out the Tesla section:

https://gbatemp.net/blogs/homebrew-i-use.18815/
The menu pops up sometimes but for some reason it doesnt after i close tesla menu and i try to reopen it. also the cheats im using arent detected either when i manage to open the menu in game. would you happen to know what to delete and what exactly i need in order to do a fresh install for using cheats with tesla menu? thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menu pops up sometimes but for some reason it doesnt after i close tesla menu and i try to reopen it. also the cheats im using arent detected either when i manage to open the menu in game. would you happen to know what to delete and what exactly i need in order to do a fresh install for using cheats with tesla menu? thanks!

Ahh..i should have told you about that while I was at it…

Tesla Menu failing to relaunch might be due to an outdated Edizon overlay. Try reinstalling with this one instead:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/updated-edizon-overlay-added-feature.603725/

I use @TomSwitch ’s Breeze for updating and placing cheats. It’s hella cool. Looks like Daybreak.
  • Breeze — Beta for new streamlined version of EdizonSE

Leraixous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh..i should have told you about that while I was at it…

Tesla Menu failing to relaunch might be due to an outdated Edizon overlay. Try reinstalling with this one instead:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/updated-edizon-overlay-added-feature.603725/

I use @TomSwitch ’s Breeze for updating and placing cheats. It’s hella cool. Looks like Daybreak.
  • Breeze — Beta for new streamlined version of EdizonSE
Yup i knew something wasn't working and i assumed it was tesla menu. thanks for the new link

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8