XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry no o.O I only look for the "sig patches" after it was mentioned here ... and it didn't helped
what I was doing befor was to download the newst atmosphere from from https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases replaced it on the sd card and also downloaded the newest Hekate from https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases updated the bootoader on the sd card and used the latest hekate
Well now know that there are patches depending on which bootloader you use. These are the patches if you use fusee-primary and these are for Hekate.

dagarui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well I installed it and it look better now ... but now I'm getting a "panic"

panic occurred while running Atmosphere.
title id 100000000000002B
Error: std::abort <0xFFe>

also when I copy my backup on the sd, my switch folder is "gone" the cfw says "no switch folder, so no apps"

Last edited by dagarui,

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi its been a long time since i played/updated cfw on my Switch, but i want to do it now that due to Mario all stars.

is the sdsetup.com atmosphere+hekate the latest atmosphere version and does it come with sigpatch? and what is the safest firmware i should update where everything works? Mine is currently 9.2

Sorry if this has been asked before

Last edited by Ivellios,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless he is chain loading hekate to use fusee
That is highly unlikely given he is using the correct patches for that kind of setup. Also most people do not typically chainload as most, if not all, distributions of Hekate have fss0 as the default option for launching CFW.

ok well I installed it and it look better now ... but now I'm getting a "panic"

panic occurred while running Atmosphere.
title id 100000000000002B
Error: std::abort <0xFFe>

also when I copy my backup on the sd, my switch folder is "gone" the cfw says "no switch folder, so no apps"
Are you using MacOS?
Hi its been a long time since i played/updated cfw on my Switch, but i want to do it now that due to Mario all stars.

is the sdsetup.com atmosphere+hekate the latest atmosphere version and does it come with sigpatch? and what is the safest firmware i should update where everything works? Mine is currently 9.2

Sorry if this has been asked before
Unfortunately SDSetup no longer provides patches so you will have to download them separately which can be found here. There is no "safest firmware" as the higher firmware versions break various homebrew applications and sysmodules but are required to play newer games. Having an emuMMC loaded with a different firmware version mitigates this issue.

dagarui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please don't say it's mac osx again ... :( I did some minor changes in osx, but now I booted up windows 10 do to everything on the SD card ... but still I see some "hidden" osx files ...

so mainly I us osx ... but for this I started the most of the time win10

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please don't say it's mac osx again ... :( I did some minor changes in osx, but now I booted up windows 10 do to everything on the SD card ... but still I see some "hidden" osx files ...

so mainly I us osx ... but for this I started the most of the time win10
MacOS applies the archive flag to the folders it transfers. You can use the archive bit fix in Hekate to undo that or fix it via Windows 10 by right-clicking the folder and un-checking the archive flag.

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is highly unlikely given he is using the correct patches for that kind of setup. Also most people do not typically chainload as most, if not all, distributions of Hekate have fss0 as the default option for launching CFW.

Are you using MacOS?
Unfortunately SDSetup no longer provides patches so you will have to download them separately which can be found here. There is no "safest firmware" as the higher firmware versions break various homebrew applications and sysmodules but are required to play newer games. Having an emuMMC loaded with a different firmware version mitigates this issue.

Thanks for the help!

Where should i put the sigpatch? i always used Kosmos or ReinX where the patches already came installed, but i hear they are abandoned now unfortunately.

I never set up any emunand, i only want to play newer games and not lose my currently working N64/SNES/GBA emulators if its possible so im lost which firmware i should get

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help!

Where should i put the sigpatch? i always used Kosmos or ReinX where the patches already came installed, but i hear they are abandoned now unfortunately.

I never set up any emunand, i only want to play newer games and not lose my currently working N64/SNES/GBA emulators if its possible so im lost which firmware i should get
Its very simple really. From the link, you download the post in the OP and place the folders on the root of your SD card and merge them with the pre-existing ones.

izenn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the latest Deep Sea release with firmware 9.1.0 but every time atmosphere tries to boot i get an error 2168-0001 program 420000000007E51a error occurred and it only gives me the options to hit power to restart normally, vol to go back to the payload, or turn of.

I've also tried with sdsetup and i'm having the same issues. I'm booting using fusee and hekate_ctcaer_5.3.3.bin

any help is appreciated

Last edited by izenn,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use the latest Deep Sea release with firmware 9.1.0 but every time atmosphere tries to boot i get an error 2168-0001 program 420000000007E51a error occurred and it only gives me the options to hit power to restart normally, vol to go back to the payload, or turn of.

I've also tried with sdsetup and i'm having the same issues. I'm booting using fusee and hekate_ctcaer_5.3.3.bin

any help is appreciated
Delete that program ID from the atmosphere folder.

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its very simple really. From the link, you download the post in the OP and place the folders on the root of your SD card and merge them with the pre-existing ones.

Thanks!

Just one last question, is Goldleaf still the best for installing NSP files? Im asking because the latest update was december 2019, so im worried it was abandoned too.

dagarui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks @draczelex it was the osx and folder issue. I copied now the "main" folder and only replaced the inside from "my" backup ... now 14.4 is running! :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok somehow I've updated Atmos and am in. Now I need to upgrade FW in Daybreak. My sd card is FAT32 so that's what I select when it asks FAT32 or exFAT right?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok somehow I've updated Atmos and am in. Now I need to upgrade FW in Daybreak. My sd card is FAT32 so that's what I select when it asks FAT32 or exFAT right?
Not necessarily. Selecting the exFAT option is generally preferred even though using exFAT is not preferred. This way, you will have exFAT support in the event you accidentally or on purpose boot with an exFAT formatted SD card. Otherwise, the console screen will stay black if try to boot CFW with an exFAT SD card without exFAT support.

Reactions: laz305

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple