1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
  2. dagarui

dagarui Member
    Newcomer

United States
    sorry I don't get this? what do I use wrong?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The patches you linked and are using are for the bootloader fusee-primary. The bootloader you are using is Hekate. Do you the issue now?

4. Teletron1

Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

United States
    unless he is chain loading hekate to use fusee

5. dagarui

dagarui Member
    Newcomer

United States
  6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Well now know that there are patches depending on which bootloader you use. These are the patches if you use fusee-primary and these are for Hekate.

7. dagarui

dagarui Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok well I installed it and it look better now ... but now I'm getting a "panic"

panic occurred while running Atmosphere.
    title id 100000000000002B
    Error: std::abort <0xFFe>

also when I copy my backup on the sd, my switch folder is "gone" the cfw says "no switch folder, so no apps"

Last edited by dagarui, Sep 18, 2020
  8. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hi its been a long time since i played/updated cfw on my Switch, but i want to do it now that due to Mario all stars.

is the sdsetup.com atmosphere+hekate the latest atmosphere version and does it come with sigpatch? and what is the safest firmware i should update where everything works? Mine is currently 9.2

Sorry if this has been asked before

Last edited by Ivellios, Sep 18, 2020
  9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That is highly unlikely given he is using the correct patches for that kind of setup. Also most people do not typically chainload as most, if not all, distributions of Hekate have fss0 as the default option for launching CFW.

Are you using MacOS?
    Unfortunately SDSetup no longer provides patches so you will have to download them separately which can be found here. There is no "safest firmware" as the higher firmware versions break various homebrew applications and sysmodules but are required to play newer games. Having an emuMMC loaded with a different firmware version mitigates this issue.

Teletron1 and Ivellios like this.
  10. dagarui

dagarui Member
    Newcomer

United States
    please don't say it's mac osx again ... :( I did some minor changes in osx, but now I booted up windows 10 do to everything on the SD card ... but still I see some "hidden" osx files ...

so mainly I us osx ... but for this I started the most of the time win10

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    MacOS applies the archive flag to the folders it transfers. You can use the archive bit fix in Hekate to undo that or fix it via Windows 10 by right-clicking the folder and un-checking the archive flag.

12. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Thanks for the help!

Where should i put the sigpatch? i always used Kosmos or ReinX where the patches already came installed, but i hear they are abandoned now unfortunately.

I never set up any emunand, i only want to play newer games and not lose my currently working N64/SNES/GBA emulators if its possible so im lost which firmware i should get

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Its very simple really. From the link, you download the post in the OP and place the folders on the root of your SD card and merge them with the pre-existing ones.

14. adambot

adambot Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm trying to use the latest Deep Sea release with firmware 9.1.0 but every time atmosphere tries to boot i get an error 2168-0001 program 420000000007E51a error occurred and it only gives me the options to hit power to restart normally, vol to go back to the payload, or turn of.

I've also tried with sdsetup and i'm having the same issues. I'm booting using fusee and hekate_ctcaer_5.3.3.bin

any help is appreciated

Last edited by adambot, Sep 19, 2020
  15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Delete that program ID from the atmosphere folder.

16. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Thanks!

Just one last question, is Goldleaf still the best for installing NSP files? Im asking because the latest update was december 2019, so im worried it was abandoned too.

17. dagarui

dagarui Member
    Newcomer

United States
    thanks @draczelex it was the osx and folder issue. I copied now the "main" folder and only replaced the inside from "my" backup ... now 14.4 is running! :)

Draxzelex likes this.
  18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer. I recommend using Awoo Installer instead.

Ivellios likes this.
  19. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ok somehow I've updated Atmos and am in. Now I need to upgrade FW in Daybreak. My sd card is FAT32 so that's what I select when it asks FAT32 or exFAT right?

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Not necessarily. Selecting the exFAT option is generally preferred even though using exFAT is not preferred. This way, you will have exFAT support in the event you accidentally or on purpose boot with an exFAT formatted SD card. Otherwise, the console screen will stay black if try to boot CFW with an exFAT SD card without exFAT support.

laz305 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH