Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Itsyours2relive

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heey fellas,

Looking for some guidance in my Emunand adventure to start.

Bought my patchable Switch back in 2018 and made a clean NAND backup straight away. Currently on Nintendo's latest firmware (updated through Choirdujour only) and latest version of SXOS. How can I best proceed? Should I create an Emunand of the current Sysnand and copy the original (clean) NAND backup to the sysnand? Anything to take into consideration given the fact OFW and CFW are on a different FW version? Perhaps a link to a tutorial for this specific setup that I've missed?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.

I've read that Kosmos is no more.

How can I install Atmosphere and remove the Kosmos Stuff?

Only extract the .zip and everything works like like before?

It's been a while since I last updated my Cfw.

Thanks
Kosmos is Atmosphere. There is nothing that defines Kosmos. All it is is a bundle of Atmosphere and Hekate. If you want to continue using Hekate & Atmosphere, either update them both manually or grab the latest from SDSetup which is similar to Kosmos but better because they let you customize what you want.

Leon_CC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just recently replaced my battery on my switch, and while reseating the micro sd card reader I think I pushed too hard and two pins are missing on the motherboard side of the sd card reader. When I boot into OFW I can transfer things to my sd card and play games off it, but for some reason every single time I get a boot.dat error when trying to boot into SX OS. I tried replacing the boot.dat file to the newest version but still nothing is working, any ideas how I can fix this?

Asshat

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I install breath of the wild off of hang shop when I launch it it says u must have the software in order to play how do I fix it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently replaced my battery on my switch, and while reseating the micro sd card reader I think I pushed too hard and two pins are missing on the motherboard side of the sd card reader. When I boot into OFW I can transfer things to my sd card and play games off it, but for some reason every single time I get a boot.dat error when trying to boot into SX OS. I tried replacing the boot.dat file to the newest version but still nothing is working, any ideas how I can fix this?
Have you tried formatting the card? And is it FAT32?

When I install breath of the wild off of hang shop when I launch it it says u must have the software in order to play how do I fix it?
Try using ReiNX and Awoo Installer.

Peer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems getting my Switch to be recognized by a PC for USB installs through Awoo Installer. When I first started the process, TegraRCMGUI would not detect my switch in RCM mode with a standard USB C cable. My only other option for a cable was a USB A male to male with a USB A female to USB C male adapter. That worked for pushing payloads so the first cable must be for charging only I guess? Once OFW or CFW is running though, nothing happens when plugging in this cable+adapter to my computer. No charging, and nothing shows up in Zadig. When the switch is connected in RCM mode it does show up as APX in Zadig, but once Hekate is pushed and the switch is running, it's gone.

Tried installing the drivers to my PC multiple times but still nothing. I've tried multiple computers with the same result, and I had a different USB A female to USB C male adapter that also gives the same results. The first cable I tried will charge the switch through my PC but will not seem to do anything else. Is it just the cable? I have an actual USB C cable on the way but I just find it really strange that I can push payloads fine with this cable but nothing else works outside of RCM.

Edit: Got the new cable and it works, that was the problem.

Last edited by Peer,

SnowPoppy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My CFW is Atmosphere and runs on Tinfoil, I was able to access the full list of recommended and new games for download, but after rebooting my CFW this has now gone completely from my Tinfoil 'shop'. How do I get it back please?

Thanks in advance for your answers and help! :)

Last edited by SnowPoppy,

syfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess no one can answer my question above then. It has been I think 3 dayds. My question is on page 1095.

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of questions:
Is there any benefit in using hekate over fusee primary once emunand is setup?
I know you can set it to autoboot in hekate but fusee primary is slightly faster i think and if i use that when i do need to boot into hekate(to update atmosphere files via usb) I can just boot into hekate rather than having to hold a combination of buttons.

Is it safe to update to 10.10 or is it better to stay on lower firmware, I read on reddit a update or two ago people were havving issues.

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So when your switch dies (battery) with auto-rcm enabled is there a way to tell if the switch is actually charging?
I loaned my switch to someone who said the switch battery died whilst charging and I need to troubleshoot it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when your switch dies (battery) with auto-rcm enabled is there a way to tell if the switch is actually charging?
I loaned my switch to someone who said the switch battery died whilst charging and I need to troubleshoot it.
If it's plugged in, it's probably charging. The problem is if it's in RCM, it's going to charge painfully slow, since RCM is a battery drain. You should do the following:
If your console can still accept payloads...
  1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Press the Power button once
  4. Connect it to your computer via USB
  5. Send Hekate as a payload
  6. Choose the "Power Off" function
  7. DO NOT unplug your console from this point as now your console will normally recharge. It should gain enough charge to boot up into CFW/OFW in about 10-15 minutes. It should also be noted that this method is the only way to charge the console while keeping it off as trying to charge it in any other scenario will turn on the Switch.
If your console cannot accept payloads...
  1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Either plug the Switch into your computer via USB or the dock while the dock is connected to the charger
  4. Wait about 30 minutes to an hour
  5. Try sending a payload such as Hekate. If it succeeds, use Hekate's "Power Off" function and keep the console plugged in so it can continue charging at a faster rate. If the payload did not work, try charging the console for longer or charge it elsewhere
From this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/autorcm-with-the-nintendo-switch-101.515402/

Is there any benefit in using hekate over fusee primary once emunand is setup?
No, not really. I personally recommend fusee-primary, but it largely doesn't matter (unless you want to use blawar's Tinfoil, which requires fusee-primary).

Is it safe to update to 10.10 or is it better to stay on lower firmware, I read on reddit a update or two ago people were havving issues.
There is no reason not to update to 10.1.0. Newer games require newer system updates eventually, so it's not a bad idea to periodically update your system version to whichever version is currently supported by your CFW of choice (e.g. Atmosphere).

So, I haven't found this adressed specifically, but is there any reason to not update to the latest firmware on an unpatched switch?
Generally, there's no reason not to update the system version to the latest version supported by your CFW. Newer games will inevitably require newer system versions, so updating periodically is recommended.

If you want to preserve your fuse count so you can downgrade for a future exploit, you can install AutoRCM. However, future exploits are unlikely going to happen anytime soon, and if they do happen, they're probably going to be for system versions far lower than what you're on. If you don't mind using RCM for the rest of your life, you don't need to worry about your fuse count.

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • DO NOT unplug your console from this point as now your console will normally recharge. It should gain enough charge to boot up into CFW/OFW in about 10-15 minutes. It should also be noted that this method is the only way to charge the console while keeping it off as trying to charge it in any other scenario will turn on the Switch.

Okay so i ave managed to get hetake to boot and switched the power off. Do I need to keep it connected to my pc? I would prefer to charge it from my wall outlet as my pc charging is agonisingly slow

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i ave managed to get hetake to boot and switched the power off. Do I need to keep it connected to my pc? I would prefer to charge it from my wall outlet as my pc charging is agonisingly slow
If you can move it from the computer to a wall outlet while Hekate is running, then you can power it off from the Hekate menu after it's already plugged into the wall outlet. If the Switch powers off when you disconnect it from the computer, then you can't use an outlet right now until it has had time to charge more so it can be moved to a wall outlet while in Hekate or Horizon.

My CFW is Atmosphere and runs on Tinfoil, I was able to access the full list of recommended and new games for download, but after rebooting my CFW this has now gone completely from my Tinfoil 'shop'. How do I get it back please?

Thanks in advance for your answers and help! :)
Are you connected to the internet?

I'm having problems getting my Switch to be recognized by a PC for USB installs through Awoo Installer. When I first started the process, TegraRCMGUI would not detect my switch in RCM mode with a standard USB C cable. My only other option for a cable was a USB A male to male with a USB A female to USB C male adapter. That worked for pushing payloads so the first cable must be for charging only I guess? Once OFW or CFW is running though, nothing happens when plugging in this cable+adapter to my computer. No charging, and nothing shows up in Zadig. When the switch is connected in RCM mode it does show up as APX in Zadig, but once Hekate is pushed and the switch is running, it's gone.

Tried installing the drivers to my PC multiple times but still nothing. I've tried multiple computers with the same result, and I had a different USB A female to USB C male adapter that also gives the same results. The first cable I tried will charge the switch through my PC but will not seem to do anything else. Is it just the cable? I have an actual USB C cable on the way but I just find it really strange that I can push payloads fine with this cable but nothing else works outside of RCM.
As a matter of troubleshooting, what happens when you use blawar's Tinfoil on the Switch and NUT on the computer? This is the recommended way of installing games over USB.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I downloaded botw off of haf shop but when I try to launch the game I get u must have the soft ware in order to play
If you're using HBG, it only has updates for first-party titles. Since you've only install the update, not the base game, you need the base game before you can launch the game. You can add other sources to HBG that have first party base games, like ChaosShop, UnderShop, JITS, Party Shop, etc.

Heey fellas,

Looking for some guidance in my Emunand adventure to start.

Bought my patchable Switch back in 2018 and made a clean NAND backup straight away. Currently on Nintendo's latest firmware (updated through Choirdujour only) and latest version of SXOS. How can I best proceed? Should I create an Emunand of the current Sysnand and copy the original (clean) NAND backup to the sysnand? Anything to take into consideration given the fact OFW and CFW are on a different FW version? Perhaps a link to a tutorial for this specific setup that I've missed?

Thanks!
If the sysMMC is dirty, then I would recommend making an emuMMC first using the current (dirty) sysMMC, and then you can restore the clean sysMMC backup to your sysMMC. Make sure you install Incognito or 90DNS to the dirty emuMMC before connecting to the internet with it.

Peer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can move it from the computer to a wall outlet while Hekate is running, then you can power it off from the Hekate menu after it's already plugged into the wall outlet. If the Switch powers off when you disconnect it from the computer, then you can't use an outlet right now until it has had time to charge more so it can be moved to a wall outlet while in Hekate or Horizon.

Are you connected to the internet?

As a matter of troubleshooting, what happens when you use blawar's Tinfoil on the Switch and NUT on the computer? This is the recommended way of installing games over USB.

If you're using HBG, it only has updates for first-party titles. Since you've only install the update, not the base game, you need the base game before you can launch the game. You can add other sources to HBG that have first party base games, like ChaosShop, UnderShop, JITS, Party Shop, etc.

If the sysMMC is dirty, then I would recommend making an emuMMC first using the current (dirty) sysMMC, and then you can restore the clean sysMMC backup to your sysMMC. Make sure you install Incognito or 90DNS to the dirty emuMMC before connecting to the internet with it.
Thanks for the reply but I tried the new cable and it worked.

Reactions: Lacius

RoyalZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
is it possible as of now to remove the a software update is required nag in order to play base nsp installs via tinfoil in 10.1?

mpham

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.martinpham.com
XP
Country
Italy
Hello there
I tried to search through but still don’t get what I want to know.
I had my switch (2017 unpatched) on 10.1.0, hacked it with emuMMC on my SD card. Last time I had to install MissionControl, so I turned it off, take SD out and copy MissionControl into it. Then I plugged SD in, and boot my switch up, forgetting to boot RCM and send payload.
I turned it off asap when it showed Home screen.
The question is: if I reboot it with SD card in, will it boot to OFW? Is there any ban risk?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: