Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Galaxia_ii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to successfully get the Switch to go into RCM. But everytime I try to plug it in to my pc to inject a payload with TegraRCMGUI. I get this error message

Attachments

• 53e68de6c2c73c014b8379d0b89aadcd.png
    53e68de6c2c73c014b8379d0b89aadcd.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 165

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to update SX, just seeing if I got the latest and all is working......OFW 10.0.4 and SX OS 3.0.2?
The latest SX OS supports the latest firmware.
I managed to successfully get the Switch to go into RCM. But everytime I try to plug it in to my pc to inject a payload with TegraRCMGUI. I get this error message
Try using different USB ports and/or cables.

Is there any way to control a Switch from your PC on modern firmware/cfw?
https://github.com/javmarina/Nintendo-Switch-Remote-Control or https://github.com/kwsch/SysBot.NET

Can anyone explain how you can download and play first party games. I have HBG but cannot play games like smash etc. Thanks
Use ReiNX

bandicootsback

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can I transfer over my switch lite save files for the games I own via cart, to my CFW switch if I'm playing the game from JITS and not the cart itself? Thanks

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Out of all the other options.... this is really getting confusing, why ReiNX vs everything else, is it better in some ways ?

All you'd really need to do is boot your switch without RCM mode (don't inject payloads into sysNAND). When using emuNAND through Hekate it sets up an emulated NAND which allows you to put all your homebrew stuff on there without affecting the sysNAND.

From what I've seen, pirated games online = ban. Homebew on sysNAND and going online = ban sometimes. But if you have a clean sysNAND you should be all good. Simply boot up your system and you should be good to go.

Also, it shouldn't matter if there is a difference in system firmware. You can update your sysNAND without touching your emuNAND. If you want to update your emuNAND use something like choidujour to update your emuNAND without needing to connect to nintendo servers. If you have a clean, unmodified sysNAND without any homebrew on it you should be ok to connect to Nintendo servers to update your firmware and play online. That's the beauty of emuNAND, it keeps your homebrew stuff separate!

If I am correct here based on what your saying, Keeping the SD card (with emuNAND) and the Nintendo folder in the system would have no chance of getting banned, and I can take my retail game, and continue playing it with my save game that I made/continued on emuNAND ?

Speaking of the best of both worlds here....

Last edited by DavidinCT,

3ds player

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i have lost touch with the scene.
I have an unpatched switch with cfw atmosphere and emunand under 9.0.0 AMS 0.94 E

I can’t remember which ofw i am on. I think i am on version 5. Whenever i try to launch sysnand it will bring me back to henkate screen. I can’t check.

I want to know is there any way i can play legit game cart both online and offline and still keep my cfw in the same switch.

What are my options? Can i just insert a game cart and power up my switch to play? What are my risks such as burning the fuses?

Thank you so much!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of all the other options.... this is really getting confusing, why ReiNX vs everything else, is it better in some ways ?
Some people recommend ReiNX because one doesn't have to worry about manually adding signature patches; it already comes with the signature patches one needs. Ignoring that, Atmosphere has more features than ReiNX and is updated far more frequently, and I personally recommend Atmosphere.

If I am correct here based on what your saying, Keeping the SD card (with emuNAND) and the Nintendo folder in the system would have no chance of getting banned, and I can take my retail game, and continue playing it with my save game that I made/continued on emuNAND ?

Speaking of the best of both worlds here....
There is no reason to use an emuNAND unless you're a.) using an ipatched Switch on 4.1.0, or b.) you want to use online play with legitimately purchased games.

As long as you use all CFW/hacks with a dirty emuNAND that cannot connect to Nintendo's online services because you have 90DNS or Incognito installed, and your sysNAND is clean because it has never touched CFW/hacks, then you will not be banned.

If you have a game save on your emuNAND, you cannot easily move it to your sysNAND without potentially dirtying your sysNAND. Anything you're going to use online should be on your sysNAND, not your emuNAND.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, i have lost touch with the scene.
I have an unpatched switch with cfw atmosphere and emunand under 9.0.0 AMS 0.94 E

I can’t remember which ofw i am on. I think i am on version 5. Whenever i try to launch sysnand it will bring me back to henkate screen. I can’t check.

I want to know is there any way i can play legit game cart both online and offline and still keep my cfw in the same switch.

What are my options? Can i just insert a game cart and power up my switch to play? What are my risks such as burning the fuses?

Thank you so much!
Update Hekate to the latest version and boot your OFW sysNAND to check its system version. Alternatively, you can boot into OFW without Hekate by merely booting the system normally without AutoRCM installed.

If you want to play online with legitimately purchased games, then you will need to update your sysNAND to the latest version. To do this without burning fuses, you will need to have AutoRCM installed, and you will need to keep it installed during the update process. This can be accomplished by booting into your sysNAND running Atmosphere and updating the system while already having AutoRCM installed. This is relatively safe and probably won't result in a ban as long as you don't do anything else in Atmosphere other than update the system in the system settings. After the update process, you can boot into OFW using Hekate again.

If your emuNAND is dirty, then playing online with your emuNAND will likely result in a ban. That is why it is recommended that you only play online with a clean sysNAND. Your emuNAND should have 90DNS or Incognito installed so it doesn't trigger a ban of the console.

If you don't care about fuses, then you don't have to have AutoRCM installed. The only thing you will lose by allowing your fuse count to increase is you won't be able to downgrade your sysNAND. The only reason people wish to preserve the ability to downgrade is in case a better software exploit is released for the Nintendo Switch, but depending on the system version of your sysNAND, this might be highly unlikely for you.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can anyone help explain how to use the "sys-ftpd-light" application that comes in the Homebrew SD Setup? The Github is here but the readme doesn't seem to explain anything in a way a new user can make any sense of. I just want to be able to access files on the switch without removing the SD card.

Edit: I figured out how to navigate to the SD card directory using the switches IP address but when I click on any folders it gives me a message saying that I "don't have access to that folder" or something like that.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can anyone help explain how to use the "sys-ftpd-light" application that comes in the Homebrew SD Setup? The Github is here but the readme doesn't seem to explain anything in a way a new user can make any sense of. I just want to be able to access files on the switch without removing the SD card.

Edit: I figured out how to navigate to the SD card directory using the switches IP address but when I click on any folders it gives me a message saying that I "don't have access to that folder" or something like that.
Why not use something like nx-mtp?

CurZjr

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, I installed Atmosphere on my switch but never went online. Does someone know if there's a chance I'll get banned anyway once I restore my switch with the Nand backup? I have installed a couple of NSPs and apparently those cause ban...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I installed Atmosphere on my switch but never went online. Does someone know if there's a chance I'll get banned anyway once I restore my switch with the Nand backup? I have installed a couple of NSPs and apparently those cause ban...
As long as the NAND backup is clean meaning it was made before ever running CFW or homebrew, then you will be fine.

Reactions: CurZjr

Ikaruga007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You answered your own question in your post.
I'm just a bit scared as Nintendo dishes out one "stability" update after the other. And we all know that stability for any console manufacturer just means they are patching out exploits. But I guess as long as I can shut down the console completely it should be no problem.

Edit: Tetris 99 works like a charm, however I can't launch atmosphere from the CWF Boot screen, it starts with the logo and shortly after that it tells me a fatal error has happened(I've read that some have formatted their card to FAT 32, but I don't think that's the issue as it was working fine before and the switch should handle exfat).

I then updated atmosphere to the newest version(by just overwriting the old files on my SD card with the new ones) but it seems now I have a corrupted pkg 2 or something, which is preventing me from starting up atmosphere and running my installed games from there...

Is there something special I have to do to make it run again after updating the internal switch OS(it's now 10.0.4, it was 6.0 something before)?

Last edited by Ikaruga007,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just a bit scared as Nintendo dishes out one "stability" update after the other. And we all know that stability for any console manufacturer just means they are patching out exploits. But I guess as long as I can shut down the console completely it should be no problem.

Edit: Tetris 99 works like a charm, however I can't launch atmosphere from the CWF Boot screen, it starts with the logo and shortly after that it tells me a fatal error has happened(I've read that some have formatted their card to FAT 32, but I don't think that's the issue as it was working fine before and the switch should handle exfat).

I then updated atmosphere to the newest version(by just overwriting the old files on my SD card with the new ones) but it seems now I have a corrupted pkg 2 or something, which is preventing me from starting up atmosphere and running my installed games from there...

Is there something special I have to do to make it run again after updating the internal switch OS(it's now 10.0.4, it was 6.0 something before)?
You should still try formatting it to FAT32.

Micker003

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be reccomended to keep my switch updated? From one side, you get some bug fixes with the updates, on the other side the chances of softmodding later may be diminished. What is the right way to go?

Edit: I am talking about the "new" normal (non-lite) switch, usually marketed as "has more battery power"

Last edited by Micker003,
Reactions: IRHP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time