Switch custom themes sharing thread

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by exelix11, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Ali3n90

Ali3n90 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2019
    United States
    are you using it on 7.0.1 ? I just love how clean that theme is.
    Do you mind maybe uploading the exact same files you are using on your switch? That would be much appriciated.
    Thanks again.

2. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    I'm all about that clean usability, that's why I made it and I'm glad you like it. There is one small issue with the setting screen shading not covering the whole screen. I've been too lazy to fix it for myself but if it bugs you I can get off my butt and do it.

I sent you a PM with the unlock image, let me know if you get it working.

3. Jbg

Jbg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2018
    United States
    88 Redux Animated theme

TooEazyy_-, FoxSiR, Nil0X and 5 others like this.
  4. alex81

alex81 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2019
    Germany
    This is F******** Amazing. Where van i get it? :-))

5. Dichotomy754

Dichotomy754 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    Okay, well now I want your lockscreen. For real, that's freaking gorgeous. Your description calls this a release, but I don't see any links. Is this ready for us mortals?

6. Jbg
    This message by Jbg has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 4, 2019, Reason: Linking romsite.
    Mar 1, 2019
  7. Dichotomy754
    This message by Dichotomy754 has been removed from public view by Chary, Mar 4, 2019.
    Mar 1, 2019
  8. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    someone is working on an ironman animated theme
    looking nice

9. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    my first ever theme in anticipation of the heavily rumoured "Persona 5 for Switch"
    i've been wanting to make this one for a while.. i'm currently using the Atmosphere Album Icon Replacement and The Line Remover made by "Bandithedoge" in correlation with this theme, so make sure you also have both of those downloaded and set up.

Downloads for both mods can be found here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1f2UmxlxkASOlirFGNtG650keI0QeW52c

Lock Layout: "Simple Layout Lockscreen" by Akai
    Home Layout: "Two rows home" by Zaigenshi

Previews:
    [​IMG]
    Lockscreen

[​IMG]
    Homescreen

[​IMG]
    Apps

[​IMG]
    User

[​IMG]
    Settings

[​IMG]
    News

Attached Files:

10. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Download???

11. darrin41

darrin41 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    United States
    is this for atmosphere and sx os

12. yoshimashi

yoshimashi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2016
    United States
    I'm also having an issue with this. I have a 6.2.0 switch with the latest atmosphere (0.86-master-2d27dab). I currently have a Mac but I've also had the same issues on my windows. Just mentioning that because you wrote that someone else had the same issue on a Mac.

I get the same error code, I've tried to delete the title folder but couldn't find the specific 0100000000001000 folder so I backed up and deleted the error code title I got from atmosphere which is : 2168-0002 (0x4a8) and the title with the folder ending in 100D.

I've also tried to test your theme and got the same error code. It happens when I click on a folder that contains the themes. So for your theme, I put it under a folder "test" and if a theme isn't in a folder then I crash right when I click on "install theme" in the app.

Last edited by yoshimashi, Mar 30, 2019
  13. exelix11
    OP

exelix11 Developer

pip Developer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    C:\users\exelix11\
    You shouldn't delete random titles from the atmosphere lfs folder cause some are default patches and may break your cfw, make sure to redownload them.
    At one point i had a similar issue with another homebrew i'm working on: the files were there but it kept on crashing when opening them, precisely fopen seems to fail.
    I'm pretty sure for you it's the same thing, the switch FAT driver doesn't like folders with the archive bit set (i've read somewhere that it reads them like a single file but can't find the source rn so don't quote me on this) for me the solution was to manually clear it from the folder properties.
    Apparently mac os always sets this bit automatically and for me windows did it only in that instance (?) anyway this is the solution. Apply the command to fix it only to the themes folder cause switch seems to not like it if you do it to the nintendo folder as well.

14. Jslinkard78901

Jslinkard78901 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2018
    United States
    Ya I'm having that kind of problem right now and I deleted the theme folders and files from the SD card but I still get a black blank screen at startup does anyone know how to fix this at all?

15. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    [
    Might be easier to just upgrade your cfw, replacing all of its files, keep your games/save and homebrew and it's related files though.

16. exelix11
    OP

exelix11 Developer

pip Developer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    The themes are installed to <your cfw dir>/titles/0100000000001000 delete that folder from the sd to manually remove a theme.
    If you're on a supported firmware and themes keep on crashing most likely your sd card is corrupted and you should format it.

Yoni Arousement likes this.
  17. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    is there a theme that leaves all the default colours, but just applies the doge layout with the smaller icons?

Yoni Arousement likes this.
  18. ScottNBNP

ScottNBNP GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2012
    Australia

Has this been updated to support NXThemes? I miss this layout so bad.

19. Ka_Ninja

Ka_Ninja Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2018
    United States
    There are some themes that do not have the 'All Applications' button. How exactly do we access all of our applocations in these themes??

20. exelix11
    OP

exelix11 Developer

pip Developer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Italy
    Are you sure that these theme don't have it at all ? Cause if so you can't. Ususally people make themes with less icons on the main screen but the all apps button is still there, in that case if you don't see it's because you need at least iirc 9 titles installed for it to show up

Ka_Ninja likes this.
  21. Ka_Ninja

Ka_Ninja Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, you were correct. I had 9 titles installed I installed 2 more and then that menu actually popped up for me to my relief lol. Thank you, I was avoiding using themes I really liked because I thought I would not be able to access all of my games!

22. Jbg

Jbg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2018
    United States
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted