Switch custom themes sharing thread

Since we got custom themes working on switch we have been stuck on a major issue: home menu's SZS files are illegal to share because they contain copyrighted data.
This is the reason why I developed the nxtheme format: it's a custom container for switch themes that's 100% legal and that works on every firmware.
Use this thread to post your own custom themes, if you have any question ask in the Switch theme injector release thread.

TLDR; Now themes are nxtheme files, they can be installed with NxThemes Installer on any switch. nxtheme files are legal and can be shared here. DO NOT SHARE THE SZS FILES.

How to share custom themes:
1) Make a theme like you normally would
2) Click "build nxtheme" instead of "patch and save"
3) Post the output nxtheme here.
That's it. As you can see the process has been totally reworked and this time it's much easier for end users.

How to install custom themes:
1) Download NXThemes installer on your switch (it's also available on the homebrew appstore)
2) Copy the nxtheme file in the themes folder on your sd
4) Install the theme and reboot

You may also find links like the ones below, those are Auto-Theme links, it's the old way of sharing themes, when you open them it will automatically download nxtheme files you can install.

Where can i find custom themes ?
You can look in the download center, in this thread and on this subreddit

So I'll be the first:

GBATemp theme:
upload_2018-10-31_21-59-45.png
With Doge's layout: link

upload_2018-10-31_22-2-2.png
With zaigenshi's layout: link
(This only displays the first user account)​

Happy sharing :)
Also a huge shout out to Costello who enabled the download center to work with Auto-Theme

Last edited by exelix11,

Weltenfeind666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks and nice work, but I'm looking for some more Nintendo specific themes, like the old Breath Of The Wild Theme that you've made, maybe you have some more Zelda, Luigi, Mario Kart, Pokémon or Xenboblade themes for 9.0.1? I would like to to try some new themes, (btw I'm using the Hotline Miami theme, don't know where its from actually, it's also cool and fresh but not that theme I was looking for on the Switch :D) the DOA is also sweet.

PS. Some Crash Bandicoot or Spyro is also nice to see, if some creative person had time to make a beautiful one :D

XaneTenshi do you have a own blogspot, archive or something to see a full gallery of your work (for 9.0.1) don't know if some more people are active in making themes, thanks ;)

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
thanks and nice work, but I'm looking for some more Nintendo specific themes, like the old Breath Of The Wild Theme that you've made, maybe you have some more Zelda, Luigi, Mario Kart, Pokémon or Xenboblade themes for 9.0.1? I would like to to try some new themes, (btw I'm using the Hotline Miami theme, don't know where its from actually, it's also cool and fresh but not that theme I was looking for on the Switch :D) the DOA is also sweet.

PS. Some Crash Bandicoot or Spyro is also nice to see, if some creative person had time to make a beautiful one :D

XaneTenshi do you have a own blogspot, archive or something to see a full gallery of your work (for 9.0.1) don't know if some more people are active in making themes, thanks ;)

Sorry, but I don't really do Mario Kart, Luigi or Xenoblade Themes. But I do have som more Zelda Themes lying around. They are not quite up-to-date and some are still WIP, but I can easily update some of them and post if you want;) Haven't really done Pokémon yet, but I am definitely open to that.

I don't really know how many people are actively working on themes currently, but did you checkout the themes on Reddit?

There are themes for both Pokemon Sword & Shield and Luigi's Mansion there.

Also check out this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/get-your-nintendo-switch-custom-themes-here.525185/

The guy has made some incredibly beautiful themes and also have some Pokëmon Let's go themes aswell as Xenoblade. I don't know if they currently work with 9.0+ though.

Edit. Hmm...Looks like the themes from the last link I posted might not even work with FW 8.0. Sorry bout that.

Last edited by XaneTenshi,

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Luigi's Mansion 3
I found this amazing thema with google search. Thanks @NSX for this extraordinary thema.

luigi1.jpg luigi 2.jpg luigi 3.jpg luigi 4.jpg luigi 5.jpg luigi 6.jpg

Attachments

• Luigi's Mansion AnimNx.rar
    2 MB · Views: 325
Reactions: aslan1408

dnetbandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the Luigi's Mansion 3 work with SXOS 2.9.2 on firmware 9.0.1???

D.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good afternoon, but is the Luigi's Mansion 3 theme compatible with sxos 2.9.2 and Original firmware 9.0.1??

D.

Reactions: FXDX

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
does the Luigi's Mansion 3 work with SXOS 2.9.2 on firmware 9.0.1???

D.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Good afternoon, but is the Luigi's Mansion 3 theme compatible with sxos 2.9.2 and Original firmware 9.0.1??

D.
Yes it is compatible except 'Lock screen'. That part you don't install.

dnetbandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is compatible except 'Lock screen'. That part you don't install.

Thank you for your quick response.. but if the lock screen doesn't get installed, then what is the first image in the series?? is that a lock screen but only for another custom firmware??

D.

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thank you for your quick response.. but if the lock screen doesn't get installed, then what is the first image in the series?? is that a lock screen but only for another custom firmware??

D.
Yes, it is compatible with ofw 8.1.0. I didn't try another custom firmware,

Last edited by FXDX,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey guys

New themes are out. Today will be entirely animé themes. Another Fairy Tail theme featuring the girls in action, aswell as an Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou theme featuring Shea. They should both work for 9.0+. As usual, there are several layout options for HomeMenu, but only 1 sample is shown here. The Fairy Tail theme has an additional Lockscreen, but I don't currently have a sample of that.

BTW, new Zelda theme will be up tomorrow (this one is for you @Weltenfeind666).

AllApps.jpg HomeMenuErza.jpg HomeMenuLucy.jpg Lockscreen.jpg Settings.jpg AllApps.jpg HomeMenu.jpg Lockscreen.jpg SettingsDark.jpg AllApps.jpg

Attachments

• Badass Girls of Fairy Tail! - 9.0.1.rar
    5.3 MB · Views: 239
  • Arifureta - Shea - 9.0.1.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 163

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thema, Zelda BOTW AnimNx. I have not yet tested on 9.0.1, but the 'Lock screen' option may not be installed. Who can test to post a result.
Thanks @NSX for this thema.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Attachments

• Zelda BOTW AnimNx.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 271
Reactions: XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey guys
Theme time XD. I only have a single theme for today, but more are on the way;) Today is yet another Zelda based theme, Skyward Sword! Updated to be compatible with FW 9.0+.

BTW, if you are experiencing any issues with my themes, don't hesitate to reach out to me. If a theme shows as having support for 9.0+, it means it should technically support everything up to that Firmware version, but I can only test on 8.1.0 myself. Anyway, as always, enjoy:)

AllApps.jpg HomeMenu.jpg Lockscreen.jpg Settings.jpg

Attachments

• Skyward Sword - 9.0.1.rar
    3.6 MB · Views: 169
Reactions: aslan1408 and FXDX

lovac

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just Dropping this here, Gen III Perfection for SXOS.

2019111017544700-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg 2019111017545500-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg 2019111017550400-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Original Credit: Zerudez @ Deviantart

Gen III Perfection 3267 x 2000(CUnet)(noise_scale)(Level1).png

Attachments

• Gen III Perfection Corrected SXOS.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 227
Last edited by lovac,
Reactions: Broduskii and FXDX

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thema, Mario Maker 2 AnimNx. I have not yet tested on 9.0.1

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Attachments

• Mario Maker 2 AnimNx.rar
    2.3 MB · Views: 218

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a theme with a higher amount of icons compared to normal?

like instead of having to click the icon to show all games, its always in that view?

Here you go, recently updated for two user compatibility. I'm not sure if its 9.0 compatible, but if not I'll fix it when I get home tonight.
Dark Fantasy Home.jpg

Edit: I think I misread what you meant. I don't think it's actually possible to increase the total number of games on the home screen beyond 12.

Attachments

• DF Elegant.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 205
Last edited by Dichotomy754,
Reactions: FXDX and KiiWii

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thema, FLCL Animated series. I have not yet tested on 9.0.1

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg

Attachments

• FLCL Animated series.rar
    2.4 MB · Views: 218

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thema, Stranding AnimNx. I have not yet tested on 9.0.1

0.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Attachments

• Stranding AnimNx.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 162

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thema, RB AnimNx. I have tested on 9.1.0, but lock screens still seem broken.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Attachments

• RB_AnimNx.7z
    1.3 MB · Views: 193

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte