Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

Zach9o9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it there's not going to be an update anytime soon? I'd like to use this for some of the newer games I got...

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I take it there's not going to be an update anytime soon? I'd like to use this for some of the newer games I got...
You're perfectly capable of using this with post-9.6 games. It's hax that required an update to work, not individual homebrew.
To use a homebrew save manager (or HANS etc.) for new titles you need to update your payloads and grab an updated boot.3dsx (I'm pretty sure if you compile from smea's latest commits it works), as well as a folder on the root of your SD containing .xml files which themselves contain various information for new titles.
Sorry for the poor explaination, but check this out: https://github.com/ihaveamac/9.6-dbgen-xmls

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pretty much just download the mmap folder from that link, and put that and this boot.3dsx on the root of your SD. You should maybe also download smea's latest starter kit (keep the other boot.3dsx) and update OoThax if you didn't install OoThax relatively recently.

Zach9o9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the latest files I could find. Since I'm on 10.7, I could really only use OoTHax, and I used PowerSaves to get the exploit working, but that's how I'm doing things.

Edit: With some of my games, it still hangs...Getting annoyed, as some of those games I could only get via digital download...
Edit 2: Since putting the files you told me to, something new DOES happen now: Instead of hanging on a black top screen and red touch screen, my whole system hangs on the "Target Title Selector" screen and nothing happens. Is it my system update doing this, or something else?

Last edited by Zach9o9,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on 10.3 and use Menuhax, so I wouldn't really know. It might be due to your Oothax not being updated. Does it say hax*2.7 when loading? Does your homebrew loader say that it's version 1.1.1?
Also, I should note that this won't work for all 9.6+ games, just those for which you have proper .xml files in the mmap folder, although that link has them for most of the popular newer games, I believe.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Zach9o9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew Launcher Menu says 1.1.1, but a light glimpse at the load does say *hax 2.6. If this is the issue, then where could I find the update to OoTHax?

Edit: I'm mainly trying to backup Hyrule Warriors Legends, among the VC GB and GBA games. I was able to find the proper XML for the US release. But I don't know if it's that, or as it looks, the loader.

Last edited by Zach9o9,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's because it's hax 2.6. Although you can use the homebrew OoThax installer to update it to 2.7, I believe this would involve erasing the current save of OoT, followed by using another entrypoint to reinstall the hax using smea's latest starter kit. I'm not sure if someone's made a Powersaves file for OoThax 2.7 yet, so I suppose you'll just have to wait, I'm afraid.

Edit: if you can just update OoThax through OoThax itself, without reinitialising the save data, then it'll work fine for you, but if that doesn't work you'll have to re-Powersaves the file.

Zach9o9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also state I'm using a N3DS, so OoTHax is my only entrypoint. However, I do have an o3DS with at least a MenuHax on it. Would it be possible to install the 2.7 update with that?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you backup digital game save files?
JK Save Manager is the best for backing up digital (CIA) game save files. It is user friendly and works great. Just remember to hit b over and over to exit when you are done as clicking exit will cause the game you edited to get stuck on the 3DS logo until you reboot and run it again.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I should also state I'm using a N3DS, so OoTHax is my only entrypoint. However, I do have an o3DS with at least a MenuHax on it. Would it be possible to install the 2.7 update with that?
It would be (assuming your OoT3D is a cart), just download the latest starter kit, and run the OoThax installer through homebrew, just make sure you select 10.7 N3DS in the installer.

So yeah, to make svdt/etc. work with 9.6+ titles, all you need is: hax*2.7 entrypoint, updated boot.3dsx, & an mmap folder with title-info-containing .xml files.

(Also, if you had another 3DS with hax, why use Powersaves at all?)

Zach9o9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's technically my sister's now, and she uses the MenuHax for New Leaf save editing, and she wouldn't let me use it. So I had a backup that still worked, so I still got into homebrew, right? :P

Edit: Actually, it's not my game, it's my friend's OoT3D game. I made sure that his games were backed up soidly before doing OoTHax. Else, that's about a LOT of hours to fix my mistake.

Edit 2: Quoth Vegeta: "Put on these clothes, I'mma nap..."

Last edited by Zach9o9,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, fair enough.
But yeah, try updating OoThax through menuhax (I'm pretty sure that to use the hax installer you have to erase all save data by holding down A+B+Y+X while starting the game from the home menu beforehand, I could be wrong though). And if it doesn't work you can always use Powersaves to get hax back.

SomeKindaSmeargle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load the program to dump the save from my alpha sapphire, it brings me to the menu but none of my inputs seem to do anything. It appears frozen. Im using Ninjhax 2.6, no custom firmware. Am I doing something wrong?

DealerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question, but does this work with .sav files? Sorry if it's posted somewhere, I've been looking and can't find it. I backed up my SD card and only have the .sav for a couple games and wanted to play from their saves. Two are GB VC titles and one is an eshop title.

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question:

Does this decrypt the save data when it exports it to :/svdt/, or am I still responsible for that step?

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Quick question:

Does this decrypt the save data when it exports it to :/svdt/, or am I still responsible for that step?

It decrypts it before exporting it. You will get a decrypted file ready to be used (or a group of file, depending from the game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power...