Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

anon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how to choose what content to back up such as cart or digital. Whenever i start svdt the titile always shows download play and no matter what cart i've inserted. How to toggle between cart and digital????????

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried transferring my 'Animal Crossing : Happy Home Designer' save data from digital to cart with both svdt and the save data editor but the tools wouldn't cooperate with the digital version... The tools run just fine with the cart version of the game just not the digital for some reason.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried transferring my 'Animal Crossing : Happy Home Designer' save data from digital to cart with both svdt and the save data editor but the tools wouldn't cooperate with the digital version... The tools run just fine with the cart version of the game just not the digital for some reason.
try the new_boot.3dsx from here: https://citizens.salthax.org/boot.3dsx
use it as boot.3dsx or put it in /3ds and use it there.

next, make a folder at the root called mmap and right-click and save/download one of these to it:

finally use the new boot.3dsx, then select svdt and try the digital Happy Home Designer. it should work now. :)

Reactions: Dgrin

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although that could be adapted I'd imagine

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
Just use SDF (found on that iso site) if you want to have a CIA save manager, or use whatever the kids these days are worshiping for save backups (I think it's like JKs save manager or something like that)

Also: praise bringing up topics that died weeks ago

D

Deleted-236924

@meladroit @suloku

How does svdt work as far as decrypting save files goes?

As far as I know, save files for many games are encrypted per-cartridge, so an encrypted save file backup wouldn't work on a different cartridge if restored to it.

svdt decrypts the save data so that you can backup a decrypted copy, and that decrypted save data can be restored to any game cartridge.

How does it work? How does svdt decrypt save files? I've been told that save files are dependent on the cartridge's header. Do you need the cartridge's specific header to be able to decrypt its save data? If so, how is svdt able to decrypt the save data? We can't read cartridge headers in userland, otherwise we would be able to dump private headers through homebrew. But we can't do that. Or is there a certain command for accessing data from the cartridge, which allows us to decrypt the save file, without actually granting us access to reading it and dumping it directly?

Say someone were to take a Powersaves backup which is encrypted to a specific cartridge, and then restored it to a different cartridge of the same game. The save file would appear corrupted in-game, but if you were to instead run svdt, would it be able to decrypt it and extract a decrypted copy of the save file?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@meladroit @suloku

How does svdt work as far as decrypting save files goes?

As far as I know, save files for many games are encrypted per-cartridge, so an encrypted save file backup wouldn't work on a different cartridge if restored to it.

svdt decrypts the save data so that you can backup a decrypted copy, and that decrypted save data can be restored to any game cartridge.

How does it work? How does svdt decrypt save files? I've been told that save files are dependent on the cartridge's header. Do you need the cartridge's specific header to be able to decrypt its save data? If so, how is svdt able to decrypt the save data? We can't read cartridge headers in userland, otherwise we would be able to dump private headers through homebrew. But we can't do that. Or is there a certain command for accessing data from the cartridge, which allows us to decrypt the save file, without actually granting us access to reading it and dumping it directly?

Say someone were to take a Powersaves backup which is encrypted to a specific cartridge, and then restored it to a different cartridge of the same game. The save file would appear corrupted in-game, but if you were to instead run svdt, would it be able to decrypt it and extract a decrypted copy of the save file?
svdt doesn't do any of the decryption on its own; due to how *hax works, it starts the game you want to manage the saves for, takes it over and runs svdt. this basically means svdt is running as the game, so it can access its save data like the game can, regardless of anything else.

D

Deleted-236924

That makes a lot of sense, never thought of that. Thanks.

On a related note, does anyone know of a way to decrypt a Powersaves save backup without having the original cartridge it was dumped from?

Last edited by ,

psilobyne

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
need some help.

i use sky3ds+ and i have a pokemon OR save with a generic private header (ROM).
now i got a legit private header and i need to extract the save from pokemon OR and inject it in order to the new private header works on!

but i dont have a clue what to do.

Gand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I also need help and can't find the answer anywhere. Before downgrading I'm trying to make a backup of all the saves I have in the SD, being Fantasy Life the most important to me. My O3DS is in version 10.1 and I can run Homebrew Launcher with Ninjahax. I was told to use SVDT to backup my saves but seems that it doesn't work with this game. Any ideas? Can SVDT backup saves that are stored in the SD and no in the cartridge?

Thnks in advance!

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I also need help and can't find the answer anywhere. Before downgrading I'm trying to make a backup of all the saves I have in the SD, being Fantasy Life the most important to me. My O3DS is in version 10.1 and I can run Homebrew Launcher with Ninjahax. I was told to use SVDT to backup my saves but seems that it doesn't work with this game. Any ideas? Can SVDT backup saves that are stored in the SD and no in the cartridge?

Thnks in advance!
Fantasy life stores it save file in the extdata. You would need to dump your extdata for your FL save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks