SuperCard miniSD problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by carlrac, Sep 2, 2009.

Sep 2, 2009

SuperCard miniSD problems by carlrac at 1:27 PM (4,223 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. carlrac
    OP

Newcomer carlrac Newbie

United States
    Got my new SuperCard miniSD and can't figure out how to get it working out of the box. What steps are necessary to get it up and running? I tried putting it in my GBA with nothing on my minisd card and it said "not find the SD. Please turn off GBA". Fair enough, wasn't expecting much else to be honest... Having set up an R4 on my friend's DS i know that cards require system files to run games, but i have no idea where to get them. All i could find on the website is patching software, which i used, then put the files from the 'out' folder into the root directory of my card and still the same error message appears. I did the diagnostic tests or whatever by holding L+R and it said i'm on 1.84 firmware. Anyone else encounter a similar issue? All help much appreciated [​IMG]

2. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    no you dont need system files you just need the patching software

3. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    You didn't load the firmware. It's on the official site, so if you found the patcher, you clearly just didn't look hard enough. Download the firmware, put it on the SD card, put it into your SuperCard, run the file once. When it's done, you can delete it from the miniSD. The instructions for all this are also right on the official SuperCard site, as expected, or could've easily been found with google.

4. helpme

United Kingdom
    hes already on 1.84 so going to 1.85 is not going to help him/her fix there cart as 1.85 was just a fix for the (Moogles of Death)

5. carlrac
    OP

Newcomer carlrac Newbie

United States
    Actually i read everything on their poorly translated site [​IMG] i was just expecting to have to copy system files to my sd card, which the poster before you has kindly pointed out is not necessary. I did put the .bin file on my card but the problem is i'm unable to get to a menu of any description in order to load it... Thank you both kindly for you tips, and i'll keep scouring the internet for solutions...

Oh yeah it is a 2GB card alright. I never bought any cards bigger than this due to the large number of devices that have compatibility issues with SDHC.

Starting to think the problem could be that i'm using an adaptor from microSD to miniSD cause i couldn't buy an actual mini card anywhere. Does anyone know if this is an issue?

6. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Then if it's still saying it isn't detecting the SD when it's inserted, it's probably a contact issue, or a faulty cart.

7. helpme

United Kingdom
    could be!! try wedging a bit of paper init to get the contacts to touch better

[​IMG]

8. carlrac
    OP

Newcomer carlrac Newbie

United States
    Indeed it could be that alright, but i have no access to a miniSD card to confirm this...

9. carlrac
    OP

Newcomer carlrac Newbie

United States
    Got really excited when you suggested this! Didn't make a difference, but gonna keep trying though [​IMG]

10. helpme

United Kingdom
    another thing you have to be formatted in FAT & not FAT32 in case you didnt know.......

11. carlrac
    OP

Newcomer carlrac Newbie

United States
    I didn't know that, but i just checked and it's normal FAT.

Anyone know where to buy a decent miniSD card online for very cheap?

12. monzamess

Newcomer monzamess Member

United States
    I had a similar problem with an EZ Flash IV that takes miniSD. I tried to use a Kingston 2GB microSD in it with an adapter. The EZ Flash IV wouldn't recognize it. So I formatted it with the Panasonic SD formatter (look it up) and it worked, for a while, then it wouldn't reocgnize it again. All this time, OTHER microSD cards would work fine, from 128MB to 2GB. Also, I have two EZ Flash IVs, two Kingston 2GB cards, and two different micro->miniSD adapters, and ALL combinations of them did the same thing I described. Finally, the Kingston card does work in other devices; I use them in an Acekard 2i and a Games-n-Music with no problems. So I just decided that, for whatever reason, these particular Kingston cards just didn't work with the EZ Flash IV, and you might have the same issue here. Maybe..???

13. carlrac
    OP

Newcomer carlrac Newbie

United States
    Yeah i'm using a Kingston 2GB too! That's odd alright, but maybe i just need to try another brand. Or find a mini one.. Thanks!

14. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Are you using a real miniSD card or a microSD card with an adapter? Try using a real miniSD card, or if you already are, try using a different one (making sure they're formatted as FAT/FAT16 and not FAT32, as previously noted). If that doesn't work, then it's probably a hardware malfunction that you can't fix yourself.