Hacking Supercard DSTWO or CycloDS Evolution for DS Lite?

YFGD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been interested in buying a flash cart for my ds lite. With a 2gb micro-sd I can get it (with shipping and taxes) for $58.41. A friend offered me his cyclods evolution also with a 2gb micro-sd with a slot 2 expansion for $45. I'm looking to play NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS games on it. Is the dstwo better and worth the extra cash? Thanks.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The CycloDS isn't updated anymore AFAIK, where as SuperCard is usually one of the first to update.
And most of the time you don't even need to update the SuperCard when a new game comes out because of its 'Clean Mode' (I remember playing Pokemon Black and White on the day of Japanese release without an update even though it didn't work on any of the other flashcarts at the time).
It's just that awesome.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have to say choose the SuperCard as if the previous posts didn't state that enough. The cyclods isn't supported anymore, it's not all that much cheaper iirc, and you can't use it on a dsi/3ds should you choose to upgrade from your ds lite in the future.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO. Still receives updates from its creation team when games or DS/3DS systems require it, will work with a DSi or 3DS if you ever decide to upgrade, and it will essentially do anything any other flashcard will do and more (it has its own CPU and hardware built in to support superior SNES emulation over that of the normal ones on other cards).

Though as Rydian said, get a slot 2 expansion card such as the EZ Flash 3-in-1 for GBA games on a DS Lite. The DSTWO does have a GBA emulator of its own, but it's nowhere near as good as playing GBA games on a slot 2 card. The compatibility and speed isn't anywhere near as good. The slot 2 runs them natively as they would play if it were a real GBA cartridge.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supercard ds two. the cyclon ds team is not updated anymore and you can't play games like after november 2011... (hell i can't get fossil fighters champoins to work...) on my cyclon

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I've been interested in buying a flash cart for my ds lite. With a 2gb micro-sd I can get it (with shipping and taxes) for $58.41. A friend offered me his cyclods evolution also with a 2gb micro-sd with a slot 2 expansion for $45. I'm looking to play NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS games on it. Is the dstwo better and worth the extra cash? Thanks.
That is not your friend.

topic: DStwo.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another option: Offer your friend to buy the Slot-2 card alone, then go for a DStwo.
That is not your friend.

topic: DStwo.
Read the underlined. Sure the CycloDS isn't a very good card, but a Slot-2 expansion has better GBA compatibility compared to the DStwo..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol