Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
QUOTE said:
12. New exclusive feature. Hardware iDS Anti Piracy. No Patch needed.

Note the last feature. Apparently the DSTWO is able to over come any kind of anti-piracy patch that may appear in future titles. Utilizing the CPU, I'm told the DSTWO can pass through and bypass any anti-piracy measures which is the first cart to do so. They say the games will never need to be patched to run.

They tell me that the DSTWO CPU can emulate the original cartridge without patches, whilst others flash cart need a patch.
WOW! This is the revolution!
tongue.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
useurcamera said:
shaunj66 said:
QUOTE said:
12. New exclusive feature. Hardware iDS Anti Piracy. No Patch needed.

Note the last feature. Apparently the DSTWO is able to over come any kind of anti-piracy patch that may appear in future titles. Utilizing the CPU, I'm told the DSTWO can pass through and bypass any anti-piracy measures which is the first cart to do so. They say the games will never need to be patched to run.

They tell me that the DSTWO CPU can emulate the original cartridge without patches, whilst others flash cart need a patch.
WOW! This is the revolution!
tongue.gif

Wait they emulate the cart commands on their internal cpu, thats going to be very battery draining.

F

Fluffbutt

I appreciate your point, but I must disagree - the MAJOR failing of all consoles is the lack of choose-when-to-save options.

I've seen games where I just CAN'T get in to them - in the time I have to play them I can't make it to the first save point and have to endure those interminable cutscenes and talky-talky bits.

With save-on-the-fly I can play up to a time, save, and keep going the next available time.

Just because they're there does not mean you HAVE to use them!

Slowdown is a little pointless, maybe, walkthroughs are brilliant for rpg's!

MarkDarkness said:
lolzed said:
MarkDarkness said:
I will stick with Acekard2i-AKAIO. This is basically a NDS emulator running on a NDS... I don't see the point.
wut?I don't see your point
What I mean is that when I play games on my DS, I want to experience the game like it was meant to be played. In other words, I don't want save states, slowdown, in-game walkthrough, multithread, etc. To use those features, I'd rather just play the game on my PC on an emulator, taking advantage of advanced graphic filters, enhanced speaker sound, playing on a full-featured controller... etc.

In that sense, AKAIO gives me 100% compatibility and offers me the only things I really need, which are soft reset and a very sleek interface.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fluffbutt said:
MarkDarkness said:
lolzed said:
MarkDarkness said:
I will stick with Acekard2i-AKAIO. This is basically a NDS emulator running on a NDS... I don't see the point.
wut?I don't see your point
What I mean is that when I play games on my DS, I want to experience the game like it was meant to be played. In other words, I don't want save states, slowdown, in-game walkthrough, multithread, etc. To use those features, I'd rather just play the game on my PC on an emulator, taking advantage of advanced graphic filters, enhanced speaker sound, playing on a full-featured controller... etc.

In that sense, AKAIO gives me 100% compatibility and offers me the only things I really need, which are soft reset and a very sleek interface.
I appreciate your point, but I must disagree - the MAJOR failing of all consoles is the lack of choose-when-to-save options.

I've seen games where I just CAN'T get in to them - in the time I have to play them I can't make it to the first save point and have to endure those interminable cutscenes and talky-talky bits.

With save-on-the-fly I can play up to a time, save, and keep going the next available time.

Just because they're there does not mean you HAVE to use them!

Slowdown is a little pointless, maybe, walkthroughs are brilliant for rpg's!
fix'd
smile.gif

also wrong term,its not nds emulator
tongue.gif

and i completely agree with you,i won't use it just(note its just) for the sake of cheating

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Fluffbutt said:

when i was growing up you had to have skills that allowed you to get past the hard parts so that you could get a password and stop playing. no one needed or asked for real time save features. when batteries started to show up in carts it was easier than passwords but you were still required to have the skills to get to those save points. i think real time saves make gamers lazy and take away their skills. i also feel this is why so many modern "3d" and "next-gen" gamers will not give the older systems a chance, they simply don't have the coordination to play through a hard 8bit platformer.

as for in game guide, that is just another excuse to make players lazy. my first rpg was a dos game i spent the greater part of a year playing. i explored every inch of the game work and never once needed or desired a guide to help me "cheat" my way through it.

so while these features are wanted by some, such as yourself, they remain gimmicks and silly features to many others. if they are going to include them they better be as bug free as possible, or risk losing that small circle of gamers who want these features.

-another world

F

Fluffbutt

Another World said:
Fluffbutt said:

when i was growing up you had to have skills that allowed you to get past the hard parts so that you could get a password and stop playing. no one needed or asked for real time save features. when batteries started to show up in carts it was easier than passwords but you were still required to have the skills to get to those save points. i think real time saves make gamers lazy and take away their skills. i also feel this is why so many modern "3d" and "next-gen" gamers will not give the older systems a chance, they simply don't have the coordination to play through a hard 8bit platformer.

-another world

Sorry, I gotsa disagree here - it's NOT the difficulty that I love save points for, it's the ability to stop whenever I want.

EG - I might play Zelda during my 1/2 hour lunch break at work - If I can't get to an in-game save point, I have to keep replaying the same bits EVERY lunch! - with save-on-the-fly I can play the 1/2 hour and save, then start from that save the next day.

EG - Sitting up in bed next to the wife, she's reading, I'm playing - get tired and Bingo! save on the fly!!

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... the box art seems different in SC's site:

dstwoboxart.png

Also, if you go to the "FAQ" area
(http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/faq.htm)
and go to the "USE" tab, there's an answer to the question about the media/video player :>
It also says the DSTWO has a more powerful CPU than the iPlayer does.

F

Fluffbutt

Kiekoes said:
Ok, just one question: Which is better: Acekard2i or SuperCard DSTWO?

From what I've seen of the Acekard2i it should be compared to the Supercard One(i), not to the Two. It has none of the 'extra' features of the Two, it matches the One better.

It also requires a Ds or DsL to program it before use in a Dsi (according to the sales sites I've seen it on) and that's a worrying factor against it.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Escape said:
Hmm... the box art seems different in SC's site:

dstwoboxart.png

and go to the "USE" tab, there's an answer to the question about the media/video player :>
That is the Chinese boxart. And yes, the CPU is slightly more powerful than the iPlayer.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, that's good to hear, because the English one looks much better :> not that it actually matters.

EDIT: now that I think about, what version will shoptemp be providing?
ohmy.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmmm
Would this work for the 3DS?
tongue.gif

When you talked about the realtime saving feature, you said it's been upgraded to support 3D DS games. That infers that it would work on a 3DS console

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
I don't know Team Supercard...

"ANY" future DS anti-Piracy technology is a HUGE word to say...not fully believing it until I see proof

Just a guess, but maybe it maps the .nds file to exactly where the DS expects to find it, so there may be no patching at all needed by the loader... just a thought.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't suppose you know if it runs on GBA DragonaBall z The Legacy of Goku 1 and 2 ?
They are the only games to not work on the 3in1 and any other Flashcart due to AP
frown.gif

Also does the GBA Emulator support real-time ? For Pokémon Emerald ?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well I saw the video and it looks like this will be one heck of a flashcart, although I don't think it will beat cheaper alternatives like Aceakard 2, for people who need this for nds games only. Real time cheats kinda reminded me of my early years of gaming, where I used a certain program (forgot the name), for cheating in the same way.

Also I don't like how they ripped off the GBA emulator from the guy who created it for the iplayer. This definitely seems to prove that there will be no SNES emulator at all, since nobody has created one, and so they cannot steal it from anyone. From this point it's a disappointment for now, although it's understandable they had to fix the hardware issues first, but I'd wait until I see improvement in the emulators themselves, just to see if it's a serious attempt, or a one time ripoff.

PS: Also there doesn't seem to be any hardware acceleration for video playback. At least I don't think ms2 can do this.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Escape said:
So, what was the answer?
tongue.gif
Right now at least, their site seems to be down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk