Supercard DSTWO hands-on preview

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice review, nice detail. Although it does look promising and I love the color, I will wait on buying one seeing if they improve the GBA functionality.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
i remember free cheats back on my game boy color

you wont get a lot of things from a game like super mario, you might be able to get infinite jump or something by searching on different jump heights, but thats more or less it

its still pretty funny, I frequently did it for the heck of it in all kinds of games

does this work on ds/dslite too? or is it only dsi?

All features are available on all DS models. No (known) flash card can enter DSi mode on a DSi, they all run as if they were on a normal DS.

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
shaunj66 said:
They told me that the DSTWO CPU can emulate the original cartridge without patches, whilst others flash carts need a patch.

Found a couple of "typos" for you there shaunj!

Call me teh "grammar nazi".

closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
#5661 said:
Not yet. No official date but word is around mid-May.

QUOTE(Pong20302000 @ May 8 2010, 07:52 AM) did i not see elixer or someone earlier say 18th of may for china release or something

i think i may invest in one

unless something unexpected happens
that date i posted here is confirmed by the supercard officials to the chinese forum
smile.gif

blinkingangels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its been said that their cheat system is like Cheat Engine before, but I suggest dowloading Cheat Engine, and taking the tutorial that comes with it (it's not just a bunch of text, it's an actual program that you have to "cheat" to go on to the next step). Go to at least step 6 or 7, and that should be more than enough to know how to cheat your DS games in fun and crazy ways.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Didn't like how the GBa emulation sounds.. i hope it get's better. But i guess as it plays most of the GBA games i actually want to play i'm fine. Already have this pre-ordered though, so i hope i'll be happy with it.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope that dstwo can have wifi updates, that would be sweet like the akaio,

i think once i get mine ill wait like 2 months before opening so that most of the bugs can be fixed and i wont be so frustrated with the system like gba emulation and maybe snes emulation, along with video support

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm clueless as to why video support isn't working yet.
If the SCDS2 and the iPlayer have basically the same hardware, why can't they just implement the iPlayer video player into the EOS menu?

I could honestly care less about the GBA emulation.. people are acting as if DS lites and EZ 3-in-1's don't exist. I doubt that GBA emulation on the DSi will ever come close to the near 100% fluency of a DSL+3-in-1 combo. So if you're that intent on playing GBA games, might as well just sell your DSi and get a 100$ brand new DSL. I've already beaten the entire MMBN series, Mother 3, and all the Fire Emblems already, so I don't think I'll ever need to touch a GBA again.

However, having DivX movies and commercial games on a single flash cart is the selling point for me. I was contemplating the purchase of an iPlayer, but I realized it would be a big hassle to have to swap my AK2i and iPlayer on the road. I usually carry my DS in my pocket, and I'm pretty sure my shi**y quality ak2i would snap if I kept it in my pocket.

With those 2 features in 1 cart, I can now tell all my
psp.gif
owning friends to go f**k themselves...

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
coattails said:
I'm clueless as to why video support isn't working yet.
If the SCDS2 and the iPlayer have basically the same hardware, why can't they just implement the iPlayer video player into the EOS menu?

I could honestly care less about the GBA emulation.. people are acting as if DS lites and EZ 3-in-1's don't exist.
I doubt that GBA emulation on the DSi will ever come close to the near 100% fluency of a DSL+3-in-1 combo. So if you're that intent on playing GBA games, might as well just sell your DSi and get a 100$ brand new DSL. I've already beaten the entire MMBN series, Mother 3, and all the Fire Emblems already, so I don't think I'll ever need to touch a GBA again.

However, having DivX movies and commercial games on a single flash cart is the selling point for me. I was contemplating the purchase of an iPlayer, but I realized it would be a big hassle to have to swap my AK2i and iPlayer on the road. I usually carry my DS in my pocket, and I'm pretty sure my shi**y quality ak2i would snap if I kept it in my pocket.

With those 2 features in 1 cart, I can now tell all my
psp.gif
owning friends to go f**k themselves...
if you have DSi(following ur second sentence) using this card would be useful.This has savestates and fast forward etc unlike EZFlash 3in1. Of course it won't be 100% but it can try.That and it won't just be GBA emu anyway,theres SNES too,where DS fails at.This would be an all in one card for both DSi and DS/L users. If only they release SDK's.

Leo99999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like a massive noob asking this but is this only compatible with DSi or will it work with DS Lites as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    BakerMan won't bake cakes for chat. :ninja:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, but we can have uremum's cake
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: My sister makes Cream Cheese Brownies :P