Supercard DSTWO hands-on preview

  • Thread starter Thread starter shaunj66
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 80,979
  • Replies Replies 287
  • Likes Likes 1
zeromac said:
Hmmm
Would this work for the 3DS?
tongue.gif

When you talked about the realtime saving feature, you said it's been upgraded to support 3D DS games. That infers that it would work on a 3DS console
No, I think they meant it for 3D games we have now, like Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, TrackMania, and a few hands full of others like it. The Cyclo had problems with RTS on these games sometimes. I think it's due to the 3D part of the processor needing activation or something.
 
[quote name='Leonidas' date='May 8 2010, 10:30 AM' post='2814478'
Also I don't like how they ripped off the GBA emulator from the guy who created it for the iplayer.
[/quote]

For all we know this "homebrew enthusiasm" guy who made the GBA emu for the iPlayer...... he could of been part of the super card team. since team supercard never released a SDK for the iPlayer, how could he of done it without being part of their team?
 
ifish said:
For all we know this "homebrew enthusiasm" guy who made the GBA emu for the iPlayer...... he could of been part of the super card team. since team supercard never released a SDK for the iPlayer, how could he of done it without being part of their team?
Ah, I'm glad you mentioned this...it's something I've suspected for a while (it seemed, to me at least, that he DID kind of come out of absolutely nowhere with this emulator).
 
ifish said:
For all we know this "homebrew enthusiasm" guy who made the GBA emu for the iPlayer...... he could of been part of the super card team. since team supercard never released a SDK for the iPlayer, how could he of done it without being part of their team?
It's possible that the SC team have hired this person just for the GBA emulator, however there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between what's been shown in the video, and the iplayer version so far, and the iplayer version has been around for a long while now. It might be possible that the guy has been working on the SNES emulator ever since though.

Also I wonder how the cart is going to handle video playback. Are they going to make a special video player just for this purpose?
 
Leonidas said:
Also I wonder how the cart is going to handle video playback. Are they going to make a special video player just for this purpose?
Now that their site is bac, here's what it says there:
QUOTEQ?Can DSTWO play movie directly without convert like iPlayer?

A? Yes. But not at the launch time, actually, DSTWO CPU is more power than iPlayer CPU, we need time to develop a powerful movie playback software to release DSTWO multi-media power.

So, essentially...it's not ready yet, but they are working on it and there will be something released for this. From this quote it sounds to me like it could be some kind of seperate software.

*edit*
Supposedly it can read PDF files, could you try this ShaunJ? It says it can read them on ShopTemp, and says YES it CAN! on the FAQ page on the website.
 
Nice to see they have a updated the home site for the SCDSTWO and the forum has a dedicated spot for DSTWO discussions.
 
shaunj66 said:
Unfortunately, I am completely lost on the "fuzzy search" mode and have requested more information on this and will update when I have understood it.
fuzzy mode is for when you do not know the exact value
e.g.: life bar
 
Even with GBA Emulation I still wouldn't want this, at least based on the video. It appears to suffer from the same problem of the SuperCard DS-ONEi did, where the title of saves and roms has to be shortened. Unless this is not true then I wouldn't be getting one.
 
I think this card marks a very important milestone in the flashcart biz, as I'm sure all supercards competitors are striving to put out something as feature rich & better.

looking forward to see what ez-flash/acekard will provide in response to this.
 
MWisBest said:
Even with GBA Emulation I still wouldn't want this, at least based on the video. It appears to suffer from the same problem of the SuperCard DS-ONEi did, where the title of saves and roms has to be shortened. Unless this is not true then I wouldn't be getting one.
Look closer. Around 2:10 you can see him switch to List mode, which clearly shows long file names. The names are only shortened in the icon mode there, like in the EOS (and even then, it's only showing shortened names, it doesn't mean it can't utilize the long names...I'm going to guess if we could see the top screen we'd see them displayed up there like in EOS).
 
I wonder if they will add in the Detail Mode like in the AK2i that shows internal game name and such. A very nice feature that AK2i uses.
 
phoenixclaws said:
I wonder if they will add in the Detail Mode like in the AK2i that shows internal game name and such. A very nice feature that AK2i uses.
i think it would i mean the file operations work prety similar to acekard AKAIO.
 
looks awesome. How much is the suggest retail price? I can't wait to get this card!!

1.4 compatible, real time safe, real time guide, rom compatibility, multimedia playback, free cheat, gba emulator, slow motion, file management, multi safe, ..... seems that the only thing this card can't do is swimming in a pool.
cool.gif
 
eponie said:
looks awesome. How much is the suggest retail price? I can't wait to get this card!!

1.4 compatible, real time safe, real time guide, rom compatibility, multimedia playback, free cheat, gba emulator, slow motion, file management, multi safe, ..... seems that the only thing this card can't do is swimming in a pool.
cool.gif

Breaking news, it also swims
 
I have 1 question.

Will it emulate DSi Roms perfectly as a "DSi Rom ?
Or will they still be emulated as DS mode without having DSi features such as camera and other hardware enchantments ?

Thank you.
 

Site & Scene News