Status
Not open for further replies.

qowenp

Trophies
XP
Country
tobi2006 said:
qowenp said:
I've been playing an unlatched Pokemon White on my 3DS using DSTWO. I can't connect to WiFi (it works when I'm using the Nintendo web browser and Nintendo Video etc.) I have a SanDisk 4GB SDHC Card and WEP encryption on my router.

Any help?

Thanks

For me it also worked with WPA2 on 3DS with my DSTWO...

Using Pokemon online?

thac0nfus3done

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I've been having some problems with my DSTWO after purchasing it recently. I hope someone here can help me :x

My set up:
Nintendo 3DS v2.10-4 update
Nintendo DS phat

DSTWO with 1.12 firmware
1.11 EOS

SD Card: 32gig transcend class 4 card formatted FAT32

The issue is two-fold.

1. Many NDS games will not play. I have tried Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Harvest moon DS, Children of Mana, Final Fantasy Tactics A2.
The only games that have worked for me are Cooking Mama and Pokemon Black. I have tried patched and clean modes both on most of these titles. I also have tried running these games on both my DS phat and 3DS with the same response.

2. The DSTWO works intermittently. Sometimes I can get to the menu screen sometimes I can't. On my 3DS Generally it will give me the "An error has occurred" message and I will have to restart. It seems to work more reliably on the DS phat.

Methanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
Might be a numpty question but with a DSi and DSTWO can I do anything more useful with the DSi's SD card slot? Can I put games on that or media (not interested in AAC or pics thanks Ninty!)?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Methanoid said:
Might be a numpty question but with a DSi and DSTWO can I do anything more useful with the DSi's SD card slot? Can I put games on that or media (not interested in AAC or pics thanks Ninty!)?
No you can't. The SCDS2 does not work in DSi mode and the only cart that does work in DSi mode (iEvolution) cannot access the SD slot as access to it is switched off as soon as Slot-1 is activated.

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I update a DSTWO on a 3DS that has the latest firmware? I've read something about how the CPU allows this to be done.

I don't have a DS phat or DS Lite to update with.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just got a 3DS and it has the #######-4 firmware.

Is there a fix for the Supercard yet, or do I have to just chill with my DS for a while?

UltiMario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't used my Supercard DSTWO in a bit, and it's become glitched out beyond belief.

Here are some pics, they're large so I linked them instead.

Pic 1
Pic 2

Any idea what's wrong with it? I've reformatted my MicroSD card and updated to the newest version, and these don't fix the problem! I can at least play SNES/GBA games on it fine, but I can't play DS games anymore. Help?

invidente7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, I already have a DSTWO with a 8 GB SD card, BUT the minute I started playing the games they all started to froze up all of sudden when I was playing so....

this has something to do with the brand of the SD card or is it a general thing?

the froze-ups stopped after I deleted enough material so the card wouldn't have more than 4GB occupied by the way

Frustration96

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the SuperCard DSTWO work on 3DS? I dunno wether I'm reading stuff wrong but it sounds like theres a SuperCard DSTHREE, so I'm a little confused
frown.gif

ALSO say I have SuperCard DSTWO on my DSi, will it be able to use my wifi I use for my DSi? I only ask because it wont work with my original DS (for everything, games, homebrew etc) but I can connect to the internet with my DSi since it uses newer security (or something like that).

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frustration96 said:
Does the SuperCard DSTWO work on 3DS? I dunno wether I'm reading stuff wrong but it sounds like theres a SuperCard DSTHREE, so I'm a little confused
frown.gif

ALSO say I have SuperCard DSTWO on my DSi, will it be able to use my wifi I use for my DSi? I only ask because it wont work with my original DS (for everything, games, homebrew etc) but I can connect to the internet with my DSi since it uses newer security (or something like that).
Yes the DSTWO works on the 3DS. The dsthree is a clone, not real, don't buy it.

The DSTWO runs in DS mode, so it can only use lower security wifi access points (WEP).

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Excuse me, I want to ask a question, I want to use my DSTWO on my DSi 1.4.3E. but it gives me the An error blah blah... error. What to do?
rolleyes.gif

Edit: found my answer.

emsee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Upgraded to a 3DS (finally) and my old R4 does not work. Looking to get the DSTWO but need it shipped to UK and cheap. Is this site trustworthy or does anyone have an alternate link for a cheap UK accessible site please ?.

You guys n gals helped me with my Wii console so I trust your judgements and advice. :)

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Upgraded to a 3DS (finally) and my old R4 does not work. Looking to get the DSTWO but need it shipped to UK and cheap. Is this site trustworthy or does anyone have an alternate link for a cheap UK accessible site please ?.

You guys n gals helped me with my Wii console so I trust your judgements and advice. :)
Had a look at that site and although it has a .co.uk webaddress it is actually based in Hong Kong so it will take a while to get to you.

xpertron are more expensive but they are based in the Channel Islands so you should receive your card in 3-5 working days usually quicker. So it's a case of weighing up cost versus time for delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think