Hacking Supercard DSONE FAQ

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bumpety Bumpety Bump!

I have given the guide a minor upgrade for Eos, and i ould now like to know if anybody has any suggections for upgrades?

joedanger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a tag problem here:
Code:
Q: are there any roms that do not work with it?

A: Occasionly there will be the odd problem, but it is normally sorted out within a week of the rom's dump by the community/color]

Also www.dealextreme.com doesn't sell Supercards anymore (i don't think they sell any kind of flashcard atm).

And there are more slot 2 flashcards that allow the Supercard to load Opera browser (i have it working with my Supercard Mini SD).

Code:
Q: How do I add games?

A: Just drag and drop to the root of your microSD or whatever folder you choose to use.
This is partially true. In EOS they can be just anywhere, but in the old OS they can be anywhere with exception of the /scshell directory, if you put roms there, you won't be able to use them (they will be hidden).

A little mistake here:
Code:
instructions:

1. but all roms and saves on your micro sd
2. make sure both carts are inserted
I guess that in the 1 it was Put all roms and saves.

Code:
Q: How do i change the options i see at the top of the screen?
A: just tap them with the stylus
This is only true for EOS. In the old OS (which comes by default in the Supercard DS One) by default the menus appear in the top screen so you wouldn't be able to touch them. You would need to either move through them using R+The directional buttons or press L+A to take the menus to the button or edit global.ini so the menus appear in the bottom screen by default.

Code:
Q: how to I play movies?

A: just convert your .avi's into a .dpg file ( google: dpg converter) and drag 'nd' drop to your SC

Q: what about music?

A: just drag the .mp3 to your card.

Q: images?

A: same as with music
This only applies to the old OS, EOS can't play video/music/image files. Still in both cases, it is recommended to install Moonshell 2 since it's a lot better to play movies and media files in general.

Code:
Q: can i use my Supercard to play dsiware games?

A: currently, no
It might be good to mention here that there isn't any flashcard that can run them atm or even access the memory slot of the DSi.

It would be also a good idea to mention that the Supercard DS One and Supercard DS One SDHC aren't made to have firmware updates and that trying to update their firmware with the firmware writer of the DS One i would result in a bricked card.

Still checking, but it's looking fine so far.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ZenZero said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Your guide says the DSone can't connect to the Wii. I could.

really !? what game were you using???
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, connecting to Castlevania Judgment on the Wii. I unlocked Shanoa and some accessories because of it, so it works.

That was still with the old OS, SP8.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@joedanger I have fixed most of the problems that you suggested

@overlord nadrian, really? thats odd, because it dosnt work with the pokemon games? unless i was using an older firmware at the time of testing ? i may have to try again.

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be worth me getting a DSonei from somewhere, or wait for the DStwo to come out? I do have a pre-order placed with irishmodchips since january for this

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dancemb said:
Would it be worth me getting a DSonei from somewhere, or wait for the DStwo to come out? I do have a pre-order placed with irishmodchips since january for this

unless you have anyone to flog a DSONE to after the DSTWO comes out, i would wait a while

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ZenZero said:
dancemb said:

unless you have anyone to flog a DSONE to after the DSTWO comes out, i would wait a while
DSonei isn't expensive, and the DStwo might take quite a while to come out, so I'd buy one.

chimot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it correct that I can only put 40 games in one folder for dsone to read it? I have hundreds and it doesn't want to open the games folder. Sdcard is 64gb Samsung.

doing testing now.. 200 games is fine in one folder will try increase and see (700 is not okay)

Last edited by chimot,
  • Haha
Reactions: RatchetRussian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up