Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just found this at the gameyeeeah shipping-forum:
QUOTE said:
gameyeeeah-forum-link

icoolram Site Admin Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm

Order that contain the Supercard DS ONE , PASSCARD 3 except above all have not shipped! The Supercard DS ONE is on the technique improve, the newly one will be launch three or four week later, the passcard 3 will be have stock 2-3 days later.

What does this mean?
They stopped the delivery of the SC DS One?
Will there be a faster SuperCard ONE DS in future? (not just a thicker pcb?)

DirtyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
They stopped the delivery of the SC DS One?
yes, the first batch had partly units which were broken due to production errors

QUOTEWill there be a faster SuperCard ONE DS in future? (not just a thicker pcb?)
no, i wont think it will be faster, just fixed some errors
i mean its fast enough
i have a ds one from the first batch and apart from castlevania por everything works perfect.

only thing which could be different is, that the chip which you can feel under the sticker will now be completly in the case.
But that is just a rumor.

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@ DirtyH: Castlevania works fine, no lags, no freeze, just make sure you've got a top notch microSD because unlike other hardware (R4ds), the SC DS's performance is highly dependant on the type of card you're using (Kingston, Kingmax, Toshiba made in JPN will do trick just fine).
Back on track: it would be great news if SC team aside from the pcb bad contact were to change a couple of things hardware wise. If so we could have a winner.
smile.gif

Uber_dork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be interesting... I could see some people getting upset over a fixed version being released... having just bought a SCdsOne.

Didn't they do a few revisions of the SClite however? Same with the Supercard SD?

As long as the software updates they release work on all the versions I don't care if I have a chip sticking out or not.

yaynds.gif

DirtyH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its the same with the m3/r4
there comes also a new revision
and it will even cost more than the old thing.
(according to some german site...)

i mean in our "business" it should be clear to everyone,
that when something new comes out it will never be perfect
and that there will be in most cases an improved version shortly after it.

i for myself bought the DS1 as soon as it was available, but was not in a real need of it. my SC minisd was working perfectly fine.
but the ds1 was so tiny and shiny, no way i could resist that
biggrin.gif

thats the risk of being an early adopter, i can live with that...
if someone has a problem with that, than he shouldn't buy as soon as something is available

kenfrenzy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, plus the hours of gameplay i've gotten out of it have already easily made up for any benefit I might get for waiting IMHO. I've made more than enough money to buy another if i really wanted to within that time frame.

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be interesting... I could see some people getting upset over a fixed version being released... having just bought a SCdsOne.

Didn't they do a few revisions of the SClite however? Same with the Supercard SD?

As long as the software updates they release work on all the versions I don't care if I have a chip sticking out or not.

yaynds.gif

They should let us trade up for the new one. I hate when companies do stuff like that.
mad.gif
Can't wait for my R4 to get here!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They should let us trade up for the new one. I hate when companies do stuff like that.Â
mad.gif
 Can't wait for my R4 to get here!

I hate when companies do that too. As soon as you get a product, 2 days later they announce a more improved version
hate2.gif
I already have my SCDS, and its working as it should so I'm satisfied I guess.
cool.gif

cgrieves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the SC DS's performance is highly dependant on the type of card you're using (Kingston, Kingmax, Toshiba made in JPN will do trick just fine).

It's not quite as clear cut as that- I have a genuine Toshiba 1Gb MicroSD from Japan, and the DS1 won't even boot using it. It works with a Sandisk non ultra 512Mb, but with a lot of slowdown, even though the Toshiba is a faster card in every respect when I benchmark it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill