mantorras

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mantorras said:
I'm burning a DVD-R DL with the ISO just bblock'd and regionfrii'd.

Will try in an hour and a half.

Please work. It's my fucking birthday
frown.gif
It didn't. It shows the opening screen but after that it's all black. And the Wii doesn't respond.

What happened guys?
frown.gif
Am i screwed?

I wonder if i can trade my sealed DVD-R's for DVD+R's in a random store...

Th3Monk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is off topic, but has anyone tried SSBB WiFi connection? I can't seem to get any opponents when i select play with anyone.

Any help is greatly appreciated. (btw UK PAL wii, no dupe channels, trucha signed)

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I burnt ssbb using regionfrii and brickblocker.
I get the title on the menu screen then select it then i get a black screen.
I used a dvd+r dl.
Wiikey 1.9g 3.2e.
Any advice.

Cheers Shane

Also when i open trucha singer and try to open iso i get an error "can not open file".
Can someone please help me?

Cheers

rodak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Updated the first post with the 001 error removal instructions, hope it works
smile.gif

And again, thanks to the original posters that posted the information.

hsvdevil3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I have a PAL Wii with the newest update according to System Update and a 1.9g Wiikey.

I RegionFrii'd SSBB, and burnt it to a Verbatim DVD+R DL, put it in my wii and ran the update, all good.

Everythings works well until like 10 or so minutes when a loud noise continues to come from my wii and my game freezes. I turn it off, try again, around the same time in it happens again, any idea as to what this problem could be?

fLaMePrO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so it's crashing for people on PAL? That's not good
wacko.gif

A few things I'd like to ask:

1. Those people with the crash, which modchip and backup are you using (e.g. the emcubed one, WiiZARD, or your own)
2. Does online work with the Trucha-signing method?

You see, I'm in Australia and I don't have enough bandwidth to download this for myself, so I'm getting it through a guy who sells burnt games...and just trying to figure out what will happen when I buy SSBB off him, which is going to be done using the method detailed in the OP.

Cheers

KroBa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good news!
I got mine to work in 60Hz and I've had about 10 Mario v Mario v Mario v Mario matches and not a single crash.

Use the VideoModeChanger method to convert it full to PAL. NOTE: When it boots, it will start off with a black screen instead of showing the "put on your wrist-strap" screen. I haven't tested with Flicker ON yet, but I had it set to OFF already and the game works fine!

fLaMePrO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KroBa said:
Good news!
I got mine to work in 60Hz and I've had about 10 Mario v Mario v Mario v Mario matches and not a single crash.

Use the VideoModeChanger method to convert it full to PAL. NOTE: When it boots, it will start off with a black screen instead of showing the "put on your wrist-strap" screen. I haven't tested with Flicker ON yet, but I had it set to OFF already and the game works fine!

Nice! That pretty much eliminates any worries I had about it..but still, what about online play? I have a horrible feeling that messing with the update would affect the Wi-Fi aspect of the game...which is a pretty big part of it
wacko.gif

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Ok, it's working (almost) perfectly for me.

Aussie PAL Wii + D2CKey
Verbartim "Made in Singapore" DVD+R DL disc burnt at 2.4x with the 2084960 layer break
update.inf patched with Trucha Signer
Changed to PAL with RegionFrii

Occasionally the Wii bugs out and refuses to read the disc like it did with the Imations ("Unable to read disc" error), or it'll initially read, then reboot the Wii when I try to run the game (just before the wrist strap warning). In this case I just have to hold in the power till it goes red, turn the Wii on again and it'll work.

No problems at all in-game apart from the 480p/480i swapping. Cutscenes are smooth and it hasn't crashed yet, touch wood.
smile.gif

KroBa said:
Good news!

So you set it to 480i and it stays 480i rather than going to 480p? I might have to try that on my other DL disc
grog.gif

KroBa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahh, sorry I should have mentioned that I don't play it in 480p, my Wii TV is crap. That was for PAL 60Hz 576i. I am unable to test how it goes on a 480p TV.

fLaMePrO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm I'd appreciate someone answering my question please: do the Wi-Fi aspects of the game still function, even after the Trucha-signing method? Someone said they had trouble connecting to other people, so does it work or not?

Thanks - this game without online features would be a huge loss
wacko.gif

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Wifi still seems fine for me - sort of. I looked for a random (not friends) game and it never actually found any opponents no matter how long I waited. I could spectate games though.

And on the video note, I'm going to try VideoModeChanger on a DVD5 disc now (don't wanna blow my last DL) and see if it works on my CRT TV in 480i.
grog.gif

fLaMePrO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok...well please keep me updated on how much you can do with it, because I guess it'd be alright if you could still play with friends, get new levels and stuff...but that's just me hoping that stuff still works
blink.gif

KroBa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My bandwidth is dedicated to uploading the ISO to people, so I can't play. I did however manage to log on and it gave me my friend code.

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Thankyou so much for pointing out the VMC trick KroBa. I just tried a DVD5 burn patched with VMC on my 480i-only TV, the wrist strap warning, ESRB and loading screens were all screwed (as expected), but then it goes back to 480i!

So for anyone using a PAL Wii: run VMC, and set your Wii to 60Hz. Problem solved.
biggrin.gif

nickilein

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys

i have one question..since i still have a crapy wiifree chip..does the dl version run on it? i managed to get the dvd5 version to work on that chip ...maybe someone got the dvd9 to work on wiifree? before i waste a dl maybe someone can confirm that in runs?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps