Emulation Super NES emulator for GBA?

joshwaan2k4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that all games will not be full compatible, cause of Speed hacks that may have to be done to get games playble.

I really hope that we can enjoy at lesat 10 or 20 games with sound at decent speed
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I believe it won't run in fullspeed.
even though I consider some guys like Loopy, FluBBa, Forgotten, (and so many others) as gods, then, yes I think "gods" can make mistakes.
for example they think they can run a snes emulator on GBA.
QUOTE said:
this video was taken with VisualBoy Advance
I might be wrong, thinking that 1) there is a real difference between running emulators on VBA and a real GBA - and 2) that this problem of speed can't be solved

Besides, I don't like this idea to think that playing games with no sound is "worth the less".

edit:
I wonder what is the purpose of an emulator (worthy of such a name)
- being able to run a SNES game at 1 or 2 fps on a real GBA?
- allowing people to play games at a decent speed ?

I would take the second way. That's why I think I will never play any snes game on my GBA (except ports)

FluBBa

Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
Costello: What are you asking?
If you are asking if the SNES emu will emulate a complete SNES at full speed? No it won't. But i'm sure it will emulate some SNES games at full speed. If it doesn't I will make sure it does.
No one will ever force you to try SNES games on your GBA.
Remember the SNES "only" runs on 3.6MHz while the PC-Engine runs on 7.2MHz, try "Override" on PCEAdvance with timer IRQ disabled.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
No one will ever force you to try SNES games on your GBA.
well first I have no GBA, I was just kidding
tongue.gif
(I only play with VBA)

QUOTEi'm sure it will emulate some SNES games at full speed. If it doesn't I will make sure it does.
you know, when I see any decent proof of a SNES emulator worth playing, I will shut up.
I just don't want to be given fake hopes.

*edit:
what I would call a proof: videos of a non-ported SNES rom, running on a real GBA.
I'd just like to know what is the current FPS (on a GBA)...

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
this video was taken with VisualBoy Advance
I might be wrong, thinking that 1) there is a real difference between running emulators on VBA and a real GBA - and 2) that this problem of speed can't be solved
Yes, but emulators are usually slower than actual hardware. I'm sure there are setups (with good hardware) that run faster than the GBA, but usually emulator performance is lower, not higher.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Gimme a snes emu for the GBA.. with modifiable controls in the emu.. =D it would be sweet!

thanx spanx, and loopy.. ur the man!

Btw, is this all talk about MAKING a snesemu or just talking bout how it would be to make the snesemu?

loopy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bleh. to clear up some confusion:

- Yes, a snes emulator IS in the works.

- I don't know when it'll be ready for release. In the near future, hopefully. Whatever that means.

- It can't run native roms at full speed. Hell, even PocketNES can't run some roms at full speed. However, full speed can be reached or surpassed using speed hacks (like PCEAdvance). Performance totally depends on the individual games. FYI, the video LordGraga released was not touched up in any way. It does, it fact, run that way on the real thing.

- No sound. (duh)

- Buttons will be configurable. Eventually. For now, I was planning on going with SNES Y/B/X/A = GBA B/A/L/R. Then select+L/R for SNES L/R.

- I can't tell you what games work or not. I haven't done any extensive testing. For the time being, only Mode20 (aka LoROM) roms work, although that will change later.

joshwaan2k4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thx for update loopy
smile.gif

also is it really hard to get the sound of snes on the gba, that's why you say it's not going to happen?

I hope you can get the sound going, you did a great job on the pocket nes I use it lots
smile.gif

look forward to a release take care
smile.gif

DarthTron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bleh.  to clear up some confusion:

- I can't tell you what games work or not.  I haven't done any extensive testing.  For the time being, only Mode20 (aka LoROM) roms work, although that will change later.
plz give examples of Mode20 (aka LoROM) roms plz, cuz i don't understand what a Mode20 (aka LoROM) roms are and exxample would help and would be nice

Poppu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dragonquest-fan.com
XP
Country
France
First, thanks for your exemplary work! It's really incredible!
I hope it will be a cool emu! I'd just love to play Secret of Mana on my gba! I have just a little question!
You're saying there won't be sound, that's ok, I think, as costello, that the purpose of an emulator is to allow people to play games with a good speed.

However, I wanted to know if you consider, in the future versions, to include the sound support, or if it'll never be. Just to know
wink.gif

Your project is just amazing, the dreams come true ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up