Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt we'll see ToP or SO anytime soon, they used a special graphics encoding technique that utilized it's own seperate chip. Heck, most if not none of the PC SNES emulators can emulate the chip yet. They just read pre-dumped graphics from a seperate file...

Mhmm, but good news though, even MORE reason to buy a GBA now...
Yea, what was that thing called? didnt f-zero use it?

DarthTron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this all came pocketheaven:

qozon said:
I don' think that it's a very good idea to list games that you'd like.

I had an idea for the button problem , and think it might work quite well. What you do is you have 2 different modes. mode 1 is X and Y are the L and R keys. Mode 2 is where L and R are the L and R keys. You switch between modes by pressing L+R. I personally think this would be really easy as long you are not playing some game that requires some super long combo like killer instict. Also, the modes would be user configurable, so if you needed some weird combination of buttons, it could be done.

to qoute Thor over at pocketheaven:
QUOTEqozon, i love that idea very, very much

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt we'll see ToP or SO anytime soon, they used a special graphics encoding technique that utilized it's own seperate chip. Heck, most if not none of the PC SNES emulators can emulate the chip yet. They just read pre-dumped graphics from a seperate file...

F-zero used it, as did Star Fox. I believe it was called Mode7.

Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia didn't use it, though. They just had REALLY funky compression on their cartridges -- SO effectively made it's own environment to run in from the first place (graphics, mostly), and ToP had absolutely amazing sound compression (hence "Yume wa Owaranai" and all the voice acting) as well as advanced graphics. When I last checked, they could be emulated using the proper patching techniques, both of which were at DeJap.

-Tempest out.-

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

F-zero used it, as did Star Fox. I believe it was called Mode7.

Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia didn't use it, though. They just had REALLY funky compression on their cartridges -- SO effectively made it's own environment to run in from the first place (graphics, mostly), and ToP had absolutely amazing sound compression (hence "Yume wa Owaranai" and all the voice acting) as well as advanced graphics. When I last checked, they could be emulated using the proper patching techniques, both of which were at DeJap.

-Tempest out.-
I thought the gba had a mode7 chip...and if it did, would the software still have to emulate the chip?

FluBBa

Trophies
Website
www.ndsretro.com
XP
Country
Mode 7 is not a chip, its a graphic mode of the SNES where you could have one rotating/scaling background, in the GBA its either Mode2 or Mode3 but then you can have either 1 rotating/scaling background and 2 normal tile planes or 2 rotating/scaling backgrounds.
Starfox used a special chip in the cart which allowed it to do some 3D polygon graphics, this will (probably) not be emulated at first.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here we go. I was wondering when the previous hardcore skeptics would start up the we were wrong but don't want to admit it, but now we can say it will never run full speed routine.
smile.gif

I actually thought about quoting everybody in this thread who swore up and down that it wasn't possible and putting a little caption above it saying Busterz pwned!

However, that probably would be against good board netiquette.
laugh.gif

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
it's called surprises dude....
i was major doubter (only supporting the HLE method, which seems to be the only way)
you can't bring up quotes like that because then you could dig back to people saying like "nintendo will never update the gameboy!" and shit.

hindsight is an amazing concept.

GbaDoctor

GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr
Trophies
Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
well, m8s, i got a gp32 and i was tought by some guys that it have the most working snes emu around....trust me, it's not true. i mean, the work is ok but it's still slow an buggy.... this mine for say that gba it's much more oriented to it, and , s'posing that the video is true, loopy is doing an amazing job.

for the buttons, no one gives a look at gp32:

button A and B: Snes A and B
button L and R: Snes Y and X
button A+L and B+R: Snes L and R

sounds creepy but i confirm that games r playable very well....

joshwaan2k4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
very good news someone is working on a snes emu
smile.gif

I'm new but been into emulation for about 6 years.

I hope that the emu team can get Super Metriod on the GBA going nice.

Cause it would be fantasic to have:

Metroid Zero Mission
Super Metroid
and Metroid Fusion all on gba
smile.gif

But just hope you guys can get SMW 3 going nice for now.

I love when new emu's come onto the scene people go crazy lol.

anyways that's my bit

thx for reading keep up good works
smile.gif

S

slayerz

ZERO MISSION PLEEEEEEZ IM STARVING FOR THAT GAME> I KEEP comin back to this site every half hour hoping to see its released. the wait is killing me. i think im gonna blow up if it doesnt come out soon

root02

[email protected], GroG Minion, and 2nd Biggest Gee
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Mode 7 is not a chip, its a graphic mode of the SNES where you could have one rotating/scaling background, in the GBA its either Mode2 or Mode3 but then you can have either 1 rotating/scaling background and 2 normal tile planes or 2 rotating/scaling backgrounds.
Starfox used a special chip in the cart which allowed it to do some 3D polygon graphics, this will (probably) not be emulated at first.
Right, mode7 was just a graphics mode for the SNES video hardware.
StarFox and Stunt Race FX used the SuperFX chip, which basically added another processor to the system, allowing for 3d calculations to be done in a reasonable amount of time for a game.

For me, though, sound is some games is NOT an option. Chrono Trigger must have sound, as does FF3/6. There are just some things I cannot live without...

[[email protected]]# logoff

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, some games, the sound just sets the mood, ya know? Even if we cant have an emulator like pocket NES, patched emulators for certain popular games would be fine with me.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
Here we go. I was wondering when the previous hardcore skeptics would start up the we were wrong but don't want to admit it, but now we can say it will never run full speed routine.Â
smile.gif

I actually thought about quoting everybody in this thread who swore up and down that it wasn't possible and putting a little caption above it saying Busterz pwned!

However, that probably would be against good board netiquette.Â
laugh.gif
I never say it's not possible and i have nothing to admit like "oh sorry i made a mistake and now i try to stop the overjoy by saying you won't have a 100% compatibility".

I am not skeptical but as for the new nintendo device it's useless to speak of something we don't have in hand for now. The project is in development and there will be good and bad points (that was what i meant). I don't care if the emulator works or not, i use emulator for both gba and snes on my PC, it's more simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto