Emulation Super NES emulator for GBA?

kennyk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe flubba too. Anyway I think the first game I will try is Chrono Trigger. I know Mario RPG wont work anyway because of the c4 chip it has.

Hexidecimal

GBAtemp Ender of Worlds
Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
United States
Lets see it get released and playing any games before we start fanticizing about which games and what, I have no doubts its real, but geeze, lets let the man get SMW running correctly before we start saying OH WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO PLAY GAME XXX!!!111!!!111

Keep up the good work Mystery Author

ForceX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Hexidecimal we should wait and see the first release of the emu before saying that we're gonna play x game first etc.

When or if it gets released who knows what games will be able to run on it and a playable speed.

ACaed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, so the author is loopy. he has to be if he's making a SNES emu...lol.

Anyway, that pocketheaven thread brought up a great issue: the SNES controller has 6 buttons, GBA has 4.

However, you gotta remember something. There were very few games that required the use of all 6 buttons. I mean, a lot of SNES games didn;t use all the buttons--so a lot of the buttons were used again. In some games, X did the same as A or B, and Y, vice versa.

So...it is possible, and I can't wait.

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
The X and Y buttons could easily be placed on the triggers...The SNES triggers were very rarely used, so that wouldn't be an issue at all, really. Just a simple shortcut and you've got it set.

Hexidecimal

GBAtemp Ender of Worlds
Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
United States
....Have you read this post at all? This is about an ACTUAL SNES emulator for GBA thats being written by the same author of PocketNES. Not just another random, Is der a SNES EMU guys!!1?

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, well, that counts, too. At least in my book.
smile.gif
We've still got you to thank for PocketPCE and Goomba, so that counts even more. I think Loopy is going to have his hands full with this one, though...no one else would even touch it. It will be interesting to see what he ends up with, but I'm not holding my breath on this one. Then again, I've never been too keen on the thought of emulating the SNES on the GBA. There would be too many trade-offs to the quality of the game that would be too noticeable, I think. But then, I'm not a programmer.
smile.gif

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
If Loopy gets this through, he can have my firstborn.
smile.gif
This is great, I can't wait he gets it in our grubby little hands (but I know how bad kludging away at code can be). Kudos are defintely deserved by Flubba and Loopy
smile.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Thinking about Super metroid and harvest moon snes on my gba excites me no matter how many times i think about it. But what about games that DID use all of the buttons? (didnt super metroid?)

DarthTron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IMHO To prove to the non-believers, and well really everyone, what needs to/should happen b/f the first realse is to get a game that that doesn't have a gba port some sorta working emulation, even if the game is a very simple snes game.
and i say for all games sound is optional because i rarely listen to sound cuz i usually have my sound turned down all the way on my gba.

and the SNES games i would love to see working at some point/(hopefully at least some of them some time this year):

Final Fantasy 4 (regular and ez type),5,6 (all w/english translations) plus Mystic Quest (U) 1.0 and/or 1.1

Front Mission (V1.0) (J) w/english patch

Dragon Quest 5 (J) and Dragon Quest 6 (J) both w/english patch

Secret of Mana (U)

Star Ocean (J) w/english patch

Seiken Densetsu 3 (J) w/english patch

Bahamut Lagoon w/english patch

Chrono Trigger (U)

Magic Knight Rayearth w/english patch

Tenchi Muyo! w/english patch

BS Zelda W/patches

Earthbound (U)

Tales of Phantasia (J) w/english patch

Lufia (U)

Lufia 2 (U)
Super metroid

all snes contra games

all SNES Castlevania

Lastly i think there needs to be a pogoshell 2.0 plugin version of this emu

just think eventlly we will be able to pay FF 1-6 Tactics and Mystic Quest all on one nintendo system and on the go

and we will eventlly be able to play both earthbound games on the go and in english on one nintendo system

and also finally be able to eventlly be able to play the whole sword of mana series on one system and on the go

and also be able to e play Dragon Quest/Warrior 1-6 on the go on one system all on one nintendo system

suggestion for a name for this emu either: pocketsnes or yoshi and for a pogoshell version:
pocketsnes

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt we'll see ToP or SO anytime soon, they used a special graphics encoding technique that utilized it's own seperate chip. Heck, most if not none of the PC SNES emulators can emulate the chip yet. They just read pre-dumped graphics from a seperate file...

Mhmm, but good news though, even MORE reason to buy a GBA now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_