Gaming Super Mario RPG for Nintendo DS

Should Nintendo remake Super Mario RPG for the DS?

• Uh... yeah!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have heard rumors that it's under development.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

frantier123

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It would be wonderful if there is a remake of this for DS. Since SUper Mario 64 has a remake for DS, I dun see why there are reasons for a remake of Super Mario RPG

Cheers!

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jax said:
Hell Yeah!

This, Chrono Trigger and FFVI are the best RPGs for SNES. Now guess which one hasn't been ported or remade?

And they can stay on the snes as far as I'm concerned. I had my fun with them back then, but now they look and feel and play like how they are; OLD.

Nifft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i loved that game too! i would like for a ds remake, i also agree remakes of final fantasy VI and other snes rpg games should be made, i already own chrono trigger on my r4ds and i love it ^^,

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nifft said:
i loved that game too! i would like for a ds remake, i also agree remakes of final fantasy VI and other snes rpg games should be made, i already own chrono trigger on my r4ds and i love it ^^,

I have it on my R4 as well, but I have not had the time to actually sit down and play it (I've been working 16 hour days for 4 days straight now...
frown.gif
)
I wish that they would remake a lot of snes games, but I doubt they will with the development of virtual console.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the most part it would be a bad idea to remake it as I really doubt the sales will be that good. I am sure you all will pirate it instead of buying it so I doubt they would take your opinion on if they should make the game or not.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever said you can play it in SnemulDS is wrong. The SA-1 chip says hi. Whoever makes a special emulator for DS that can play Mario RPG will be glorified.

But yes, I would LOVE a DS remake. It might even warrant a PURCHASE by me. Yes, I'm a pirate and said that.

Mario RPG is my all time favorite game EVER. I mean it. It was my first RPG. In my opinion, it could be done 1 of 3 ways:

1- straight port from the SNES game much like Chrono Trigger.

2- almost port of the SNES game, but redone with totally new 2D graphics like Kirby Super Star Ultra.

3- redo it completely with a touch of 3D. I could see it done with a modified version of the Dragon Quest 4 DS engine. 2D sprites on a 3D background. You could turn the view with L and R, possibly even improving some of the platforming parts by helping you line up jumps better. I'd like them to use the same sprites, but with more frames of animation. Battles could have some 3D elements as well. Maybe even full 3D using an engine like the one seen in Mario Hoops DS (incredible looking game).

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish they'd hurry up and do this instead of milking the Mario and Luigi franchise.
I've had high hopes for this ever since Chrono Trigger DS was announced.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was the first RPG I'd ever played, and it was (and remains) mounds of awesome. Hopefully the success of Chrono Trigger DS will result in SMRPG being DS'd. The production-time-to-money-printed ratio would be great.

I still remember my friend and I spending hours fighting Culex after reading about his existence in a Gamepro magazine.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
1. Download Snes Emulator for DS.
2. Download the rom of it.
3. Start the homebrew and play.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Or maybe it should be great, I also want Chrono Chross now
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DieForIt said:
1. Download Snes Emulator for DS.
2. Download the rom of it.
3. Start the homebrew and play.
4. ???
5. Profit!

Or maybe it should be great, I also want Chrono Chross now
tongue.gif
If that was possible, everyone wouldn't be making threads like this. It's not possible to run it on a SNES DS emulator because it contained a chip that was clocked at an even higher speed than the SNES itself. That being said, everyone says it's impossible to run it on DS. But maybe not now that we've got amazing emulators for Genesis and NeoGeo...

And @monopoman:
I think it DOES work on PSP, but you have to set some speedhacks and lower the framerate to get it at a playable rate.

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario RPG has and always will be my favorite game.
Either the SA-1 chip needs to get emulated on SNESmulDS or they need to remake it for DS.
frown.gif

But I've been saying this since I got my DS.
Nothing's changed.
frown.gif

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
a super mario RPG???
why? why would anyone do that?

why would anyone pick up all the good things about mario and the things that made it famous and throw them out the window? then decide to enter a new genere in which they have no experience.

this is going to end up like sonic.
its DNR and we should leave it that way.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nin10do said:
a super mario RPG???
why? why would anyone do that?

why would anyone pick up all the good things about mario and the things that made it famous and throw them out the window? then decide to enter a new genere in which they have no experience.

this is going to end up like sonic.
its DNR and we should leave it that way.
SquareSoft had plenty of RPG experience before making Super Mario RPG, and the game was a hit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: