Super Mario RPG Remake crashes on Oled Switch when Peach Cutscene appears.

Erencikefe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I played Super Mario RPG Remake for like 3 hours, where i have already got third star and on my way to fourth. But when i exited Peach's Castle a cutscene appeared and when Mario looks at sky game glitches, freezes and blurs and then voila! corrupted data.... My firmware is 16.1.0 and Switch Oled, this is the only game that i had issues with. My guess is it's a pretty bad dump. Am i the only one who receives this error? If so is there anyone could fix this problem or can it be fixed? Thanks.

Reactions: Ivan_GT

ImgBrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Me too, are you using converted nsp? Try converting xci yourself, i'll try myself when i have time

EDIT: install xci works, it was just a bad conversion

Last edited by ImgBrk,

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Super Mario RPG Remake for like 3 hours, where i have already got third star and on my way to fourth. But when i exited Peach's Castle a cutscene appeared and when Mario looks at sky game glitches, freezes and blurs and then voila! corrupted data.... My firmware is 16.1.0 and Switch Oled, this is the only game that i had issues with. My guess is it's a pretty bad dump. Am i the only one who receives this error? If so is there anyone could fix this problem or can it be fixed? Thanks.

How can I tell if I have a bad dump before putting time into the game? I got the converted NSP but I am not sure if we all have the same one.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't. Generally its better not to download converts and install the main file instead

I just got what I could get my hands on from discord. Does the corruption affect your game save data? How far into the game does it happen?

Why do people convert XCI's to NSPs, I can install XCI's just fine.

Reactions: Thorhax

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the reason mainly. I still don't understand why the piracy sites doesn't just go xcz if they wanna save that extra little space.

Once XCZ are installed they are the same size as XCI, probably some people are just lazy to convert it since it is not an official format.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Once XCZ are installed they are the same size as XCI, probably some people are just lazy to convert it since it is not an official format.
Indeed they are. But I mean for "transfer". Anyway, sounds just like someone didn't dump it correctly that is all.

Reactions: Hayato213

Mario36

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My happen on mushroom kingdom i was about exit the hotel room and when i did it freezes and was making loud noises

Keatto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I owe this community, so consider this a freebie

Mario RPG crashes after saving peach leaving Mushroom kingdom cutscene on switch? Check very carefully for an NSP that has more kbs in size than the two part file you installed. Those kilobytes from compression and decompression are what broke it if your on a console.

Your eyes are much faster than your feet! At this rate it'll take ya……… 100 more years to catch me! Hyeh Hyeh Hyeh!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto