Gaming Super Mario 3D

Do you think this game is a Must Buy for 3DS owners?

• HECK YEAH! IT'S MARIO!(Yes)

Votes: 131 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing on Nintendo systems for a long time and have never once played through Super Mario 64 on either the N64 or DS. I just enjoy other Nintendo games besides the 3D Marios and I love the original Super Mario Bros and it's DS remake. I might give this game a look if it isn't just Super Mario 64 all over again with the use of the 3D technology.

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
I might give this game a look if it isn't just Super Mario 64 all over again with the use of the 3D technology.
The 2 don't feel similar at all to me (or at least the only level I played.) It's like a normal sidescrolling Mario game but with the ability to go in all 8 directions. Might've changed since I only played a demo though.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What I am curious about is the framerate of this game. :P

Anyway, early trailers show mario damn pixelated. Hopefully they'll be totally gone when launched cuz recent trailers still have em, well lesser.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hell freaking yeah! Airships are back!? Sign me up fellas.

I'll rage enough to blow up part of the internet if the Music isn't the same as SMB3's airship though.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Had a play on two levels from this at GAMEFest last month and was blown away. This and Mario kart 7 were both absolutely stunning. In this, though, I particularly loved the switching between sidescrolling and 'typical' 3D sections. The 3D effect was great, and not too strong even on full, but definitely noticeable and immersive.

Cannot wait - not too long to go either; only about three weeks!

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i can´t wait for this game anymore. this will be my first mario game that i buy in release date and the second one that i buy in day 0 XD

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are any of you guys worried about the lenght of this game? I think it's time for you to stop , then. According to NintendoWorldReport, this game will be pretty long. And no, I'm not talking about replay value. Consider this as one of the biggest spoilers(of this game, at least):
After you save the princess, there are eight new unlockable bonus worlds, which can be opened by up one by one through Star Medals. These are almost new full-featured worlds with redux levels, time attacks and sometimes brand new content. A good example is the Propeller level filled with the 8-bit sprites from more than 25 years ago. In the redux level, you will only not see new sprites, but the stage is entirely based around shooting your way through cannons. There is also more enemy fire, with one platform filled with Bullet Bills (sometimes even with Tanooki tails). Star Coins are also harder to grasp, with more precision needed to complete certain objectives and tasks. In another bonus level I experienced, Cosmic Mario made a return. This shadow version of the plumber will follow you all around the stage and when he hits you, you lose your precious power-up.
Source: http://www.nintendow...pressions/28228
I'm pretty relieved because my biggest worry about this game is now solved, I can't wait for it to come out!

Reactions: 2 people

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Luigi.jpg

As chris888222 said, luigi has been confirmed to be playable
I'll be playing as him more than Mario :P

EDIT: Also it seems the Tanooki SUit has not been completely stripped down
[quote]- Use the Tanooki Statue Mario in the late parts of the game[/quote]
http://nintendoeverything.com/index.php/76696/more-super-mario-3d-land-details-possible-spoilers/

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nice video how'd you get the game already? also, is it me or are the levels short??! i hope this game isn't short one :-(

BTW: another enemy is the Cosmic Mario. It's basically a clone of Mario but it's an enemy. It's from Mario galaxy :)

Cosmic_Clone.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky