Super Mario 3D All Stars gets new update that adds support for the new N64 controller on Switch

aaaa.png

If the Super Mario 3D All-Stars release of Super Mario 64 wasn't feeling authentic enough for you, it might now. Nintendo has put out a new update for the game, which adds support for the Nintendo Switch Online N64 controller. It goes along with the previous update that came out last year, which allowed players to use the GameCube adapter to play Super Mario Sunshine with that controller option. Of course, having an NSO N64 controller to use with the new update might be a bit of struggle, considering they're all sold out until next year.

:arrow: Source

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I could swap my sealed physical copy of 3D All-Stars for a digital code. Physical copies available in mass amounts all over the place. Digital codes are non existent except for one on eBay for $300. Lmfao. I would bet $300 that it won't sell for even half that.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If the Super Mario 3D All-Stars release of Super Mario 64 wasn't feeling authentic enough for you, it might now. Nintendo has put out a new update for the game, which adds support for the Nintendo Switch Online N64 controller. It goes along with the previous update that came out last year, which allowed players to use the GameCube adapter to play Super Mario Sunshine with that controller option. Of course, having an NSO N64 controller to use with the new update might be a bit of struggle, considering they're all sold out until next year.

:arrow: Source
That's cool, but I was hoping for Galaxy two to be added.

• Sad
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, nothing says "Nintendo" more than adding support for a controller that's out of stock for a game that's no longer available on a digital storefront. Congrats on a dumbass decision.
It wasn't a dumbass decision, they were just trying to support GBAtemp. We should be thanking them.

Reactions: x65943

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
It's really weird, too. It's almost like they rushed this compilation. Which is funny, given how slow they've been to enhance the User experience on the Switch.
They exactly rushed this. This is the best explanation. There is no way they actually played through Ocarina of Time to see if it runs properly.

And the problem is the drip feeding. The idea is that they drip feed so that can test each game thoroughly before they release so they are not bombarded with too many at once. But this looks like not even that case.

Reactions: Kioku

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man, and I thought the Super Mario 35th anniversary was long over (don't mention that stupid joke about March 31st).
Now imagine if they finally decide to add Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the collection? :rofl:

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Let's add support for a controller that's out of stock until next year for a game that's no longer available and which only other available version is a vanilla ROM with awful input latency.

Never stop being stupid, Nintendo.
Nintendo are just waiting for most peoples NSO to expire!! that way they can charge you £40 for a controller plus a NSO renewal fee ;)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's add support for a controller that's out of stock until next year for a game that's no longer available and which only other available version is a vanilla ROM with awful input latency.

Never stop being stupid, Nintendo.

No longer available? There are massive amounts of physical copies available all over the place. Amazon, Walmart, Target, eBay, etc. Incredibly easy to buy.

• Angry
Reactions: the_randomizer

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo are just waiting for most peoples NSO to expire!! that way they can charge you £40 for a controller plus a NSO renewal fee ;)
They should sell it without requiring that bs subscription. Let's say I'd want to buy, I can't because I don't have an NSO.

Subbing to NSO just to buy an N64 controller will cost more than a Switch Pro Controller.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No longer available? There are massive amounts of physical copies available all over the place. Amazon, Walmart, Target, eBay, etc. Incredibly easy to buy.

I meant officially and currently on print.
I know there are leftovers (if any) of that game, but production for that game ceased months ago.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is that bad? There's literally no downsides to this update, I don't understand the logic
One - The N64 controller won't be in stock still 2022
Two - 3D All Stars is not available on the eShop because they pulled it

New people won't have a chance to get either, so, it's a dick move.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, nothing says "Nintendo" more than adding support for a controller that's out of stock for a game that's no longer available on a digital storefront. Congrats on a dumbass decision.

So, they should just not add the support then for those that already own it digitally or physical, or for those that plan to buy it physically? Or for those that already own the controller or will buy one when back in stock? Your logic is incredibly stupid. You're acting like since YOU might not have it digitally and werent able to score a controller yet... that N should say fuck you to everyone else too. You're one of those people that would be bitching if they DIDN'T add it. "But but!!! N64 game and N64 controller... but but... they didn't even add support when it would be so easy to patch it in!!!! Congrats on a dumbass decision."

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NSO was low effort by Nintendo.

The Wii N64 Emulator was their best offering. Each individual game had a ver. of the Emualtor was tailored made specifically for that game. This led to high quality emulation of graphics that was closer to N64 hardware and lower input lag. Nintendo really went in and tested each individual game to give us quality.

While the NSO ver. Is a lazy attempt just one overarching emulator without any individual adjustments. Is insane considering the $30 price tag they want.

The only thing that would've made the N64 on Wii better is if it had proper alpha dithering implemented (the pixel dissolve effect from invisible Mario) but yeah, all around it's superior

• Angry
Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish I could swap my sealed physical copy of 3D All-Stars for a digital code. Physical copies available in mass amounts all over the place. Digital codes are non existent except for one on eBay for $300. Lmfao. I would bet $300 that it won't sell for even half that.
Have you checked gray key sellers?

The other day I curiously looked up if someone was selling the original GTA Trilogy Steam key and there was.. for $30 (when it was a few bucks on the actual store).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.