ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ Translation

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI, the team is in the process of compiling translated files as a lot of it has already been translated

Also once progress starts really kicking and we have more to say we might make a new thread since Marusero is no longer part of the translation efforts

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a problem, then, because it's going to be a loooooooong while, XD. We have a small and busy team and we aren't even going to bother making updates or anything until we feel like we've accomplished something worth it. In other words, we don't want anyone to have hope. Or at least, I don't. >_>;

muhendis100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if some one want to Summon Night X english patch should be try to help.Actually about me i've try to help but everyone knowing my english was not enough for this translation.Everyday only one sentence can be end this project in 1 month so try to help Blazer's Team guys ! Waiting cant make anything about that.

soren2237

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That's a problem, then, because it's going to be a loooooooong while, XD. We have a small and busy team and we aren't even going to bother making updates or anything until we feel like we've accomplished something worth it. In other words, we don't want anyone to have hope. Or at least, I don't. >_>;
That's alright I have a lot of patience, I'll wait for this and Luminous Arc 3

CridonTalica

Dragon Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is any way I may be able to help in the project then tell me what you would like me to do. I don't know everything that has been done yet but I may be able to help with some of it.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We currently need Japanese to English translators and also people who are somewhat tech-savvy and good at handling documentation to help with transferring text from Google Docs to text files that we can use from the game. Some of it is copying/pasting but there's also things like formatting and proofreading that need to be done simultaneously and the people who do it need to be um... crafty or... I can't think of the word, but they need to be able to both understand directions clearly and figure things out on their own, as well as have good communicating skills so they don't mess up (when hacking formatting and following a process step-by-step without error is usually the difference between breaking a game and not breaking it, haha).

People can PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

Nanao66

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
We currently need Japanese to English translators and also people who are somewhat tech-savvy and good at handling documentation to help with transferring text from Google Docs to text files that we can use from the game. Some of it is copying/pasting but there's also things like formatting and proofreading that need to be done simultaneously and the people who do it need to be um... crafty or... I can't think of the word, but they need to be able to both understand directions clearly and figure things out on their own, as well as have good communicating skills so they don't mess up (when hacking formatting and following a process step-by-step without error is usually the difference between breaking a game and not breaking it, haha).

People can PM me or e-mail me at [email protected] if interested.

hmm..... i cant wait for the game patch... i dun understand any things about patching but, maybe i can help for translate it from japanese to english

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm sorry but to be able to translate, you'd need at least a few years of experience with Japanese and fluent English, or else the quality will probably not be high enough and it won't be a proper translation and/or might not make sense.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI we've picked up some help and might release a patch by the end of August with some basics translated. Without qualified Japanese to English translators though I don't think we can go through with the bulk of the script--especially given how large it is. Please let us know if you know anyone who might be able to help with that.

Until then~

Reactions: signz

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that basic menu patch is still being worked on, I'm pretty much the only guy working now and I don't have time to do a full script translation (especially given how huge the script is) so I'll probably just do as much as I can of everything else and call it quits. There's a lot of proofing and consistency work that has to be done as well as some graphic editing, once that's done I should be able to release something but it'll still prob take a while yet for even that much to happen... sorry

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've been playing the current patch and a lot of basic things are missing or confusing so all that will do is clear that up. Pretty much all dialog is going to be untranslated which stinks but at least the game will be somewhat playable (it's kinda difficult ATM because of all the unique items, summons, etc., so at least if those are translated...). If a willing translator or two ever come by at least they'll be able to focus on that and get started but I think this game just doesn't have enough of a demand to get a full translation, sadly. Especially now that DS games aren't as popular for some people (that might not apply to as many people here since a lot of people at GBATemp play retro games or still use flashcarts for GBA and DS games but there are people who won't really play games older than the current generation and as it is this is kind of a niche title...).

Monobear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't say that man, just look at summon night swordcraft story 3
a gba game that had like 3 translation attempts with hackers having trouble hacking the game and/or quitting the project (i've been waiting for a translation for that game for way too long D: ) is finally being translated at 2013 with the story translation being at 60% while weapons, menus and such 100% translated.
if a gba game that most people had lost hope of it being translated ever can be translated i'm pretty sure this one will eventually too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto