ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well if someone wants to translate starfy... I've done some hacking work on it... https://github.com/Normmatt/Densetsu-no-Stafy-GBA-Translation

EDIT: Screenshot
rmWuMGk.png
Once i have finished hajimari no ishi i'll try to get translators help on this one, i can take care of graphic/inserting the translated text. The font looks really good :D

RSH4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Star Ocean GBC is being translated IIRC by Aeon Genesis (don,t know if that's the one You talk about)
I mentioned Star Ocean because it is the only game i recall people suggesting the translator passing away, in fact, the translation is stuck but for another reason...
Anyway, good job guys. It's a shame so few SN titles were officially translated.

EdenLegaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Games translation on Aeon Genesis stopped since more than a year ago. The job done there was awesome, but well.....it seems there's nothing more to expect for now.

Reactions: Pablitox

RSH4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, unfortunately. Is sad to see these teams stopping their works... There are so many titles i wished to see translated (Luminous Arc 3, Star Ocean - Blue Sphere, All the other SN titles, ...), at least the active teams seems to be working hard. You don't have idea how happy I am watching this more than 4 years project going without even a small sign of weakness.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, unfortunately. Is sad to see these teams stopping their works... There are so many titles i wished to see translated (Luminous Arc 3, Star Ocean - Blue Sphere, All the other SN titles, ...), at least the active teams seems to be working hard. You don't have idea how happy I am watching this more than 4 years project going without even a small sign of weakness.
It's extremely easy to lose your motivation to work on projects... I know I have the problem with most of my projects... which is why I've made my romhacking stuff open source so that someone else can make use of it and hopefully finish it off some day.

RSH4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's extremely easy to lose your motivation to work on projects...
Lose motivation, I think I know... I used to make aircrafts for a flight simulator some time ago and had left some dozens of projects unfinished as well. The same with some animations I planned and left unfinished... Release open source is a nice deal, I simply didn't do this because I hoped I could finish them, but I must rethink.

Last edited by RSH4,

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
At last i retunerd, i missed? Wow if they work here they advanced enough, when i could play... Sorry impatience kills me

Nothing new on the hacking front (waiting for @EarthDarkness answer) I'm still having problems with the sprites on the menu, so i'll leave that aside and start with the credits.

On the proofreading, salixa made good progress on 9th day (10th day too? hopefully so :D).

Reactions: Lizari Drakiby

Zerocash

Trophies
XP
Country
Super thanks to the team! Waiting for the project to finish :P
I tried the lastest patch but it seems I mess up somewhere.
There are unusual chracters...
Hopefully someone can tell me what my problem is....
untitled_by_christhazard-dahlc8s.png

RSH4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not a problem. The fact is that the patch you're using is an early version, more like a "proof of concept". The translation is proceeding but a patch with the script translated won't be released so soon (better wait some months than play a bugged game, right? ;) ).

Salixa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing new on the hacking front (waiting for @EarthDarkness answer) I'm still having problems with the sprites on the menu, so i'll leave that aside and start with the credits.

On the proofreading, salixa made good progress on 9th day (10th day too? hopefully so :D).

Don't worry, I'm still here ;) Working on Day 10 at the moment, albeit at a slower pace than before. Of the individual routes I've got everyone done but V.E. Then a bunch of random miscellaneous files left. There's so much duplication in NPC dialog... I may just skip them completely while I think of a better solution than manually searching and copy/pasting translations.

Last edited by Salixa,
Reactions: mikeprado30

Hopefull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Don't worry, I'm still here ;) Working on Day 10 at the moment, albeit at a slower pace than before. Of the individual routes I've got everyone done but V.E. Then a bunch of random miscellaneous files left. There's so much duplication in NPC dialog... I may just skip them completely while I think of a better solution than manually searching and copy/pasting translations.

This is awesome guys! I played the SNSS games when I was a kid and I loved them, was always sad that 3 never got a translation... But here you guys are! I've been following this project for a little over a year and I thought that it was time I show my support and say that you guys are making dreams come true!
Keep up the hard work guys, we're counting on you! :D

Reactions: mikeprado30

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Super thanks to the team! Waiting for the project to finish :P
I tried the lastest patch but it seems I mess up somewhere.
There are unusual chracters...
Hopefully someone can tell me what my problem is....
SNIP

there's no problem, it happens because we replaced the game's kanjis with two character combinations, so when the game loads that part of the script, the two char combination is used instead of the original kanji.

Edit: BTW, @Normmatt I remember you asked me for a font and it's width table (that's for the VWF). I managed to find the Swordcraft Story 2's font (offset 944C6D, found it with crystaltile using GB 2bpp tile form):

As9EyXh.png

i'd still need to find the width table, but i figure it'd be next to the font.

Last edited by Pablitox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P