Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I used this guide here:
http://www.biline.ca/wii_softmod.htm

To mod my wii and it is working perfectly. However i decided to make a few changes and use the Neogamma Backup loader and USB LoaderGX instead of the ones listed there.
My Wii was running 3.1U before modding and is now running 3.2U after as per the guide.

My first questions is. Is there anything else I need to be complete safe/brick proof? I dont quite understand what the IOS files are and CIOS and what not. Iam reading a lot of the threads which state Cios rev10 and so on, iam not completely sure what these are.

I would also like to get SSBB working, I have tried it on the USB loader and it doesnt work. If I were to burn it on a DVD-R DL, would it load in the backup loader? I have downloaded the official scene release ISO for SSBB from another source.

Lastly, my friend wants me to try and mod is wii which is running 4.0U. He originally bought it last year and has been updating the firmware since. I was going to use this guide here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

this will work correct?

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. bootmii and preloader
2. ios is the system menu files (i think)
3. i hope you mean SSBB anyways yeah you may need to burn it to a disc
4. yes

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
CAP99 said:
2. ios is the system menu files (i think)
3. i hope you mean SSBB anyways yeah you may need to burn it to a disc

2. IOS is not the System Menu. Each game and application (homebrew or not) run on the Wii uses IOS (excepting BootMii). While the System Menu needs IOS, they exist seperately. IOS runs on what Team Twiizers calls Starlet, an ARM processor in the Wii that handles all the input and output of the Wii (from running the bluetooth for controllers, to wireless, to NAND access, to SD stuff). IOS is like the operating system that runs on Starlet, so pretty much everything on the Wii relies on IOS in some way. Go here for more and probably better info than I could give you.

3. Really? It works perfectly fine on USB Loader Config for me. What loader do you use?

aN4rK1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The softmii guide says it has both bootmii and preloader in it. I might just install them seprately. And yes it didnt work for me on the USB loader. I tried it on USB Loader GX the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock