Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
State stuff that you would only see where you live

For example, something that happened here in quebec for real
There is an humorist who became very very popular over the years all across the province.
But at the beginning of his career, he was in nomination for a trophy at a gala. His manager told him to "prepare something" just in case he were winning.
And he won... So he went on stage, in front of cameras and public. He told everyone : sorry, my manager told me to prepare something in case i were winning, so... *Gets a peanut butter sandwich out of nowhere and starts eating it*

That is the kind of thing you see only in Quebec
What kind of thing can we only see in your country?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

There is an humorist who became very very popular over the years all across the province.
But at the beginning of his career, he was in nomination for a trophy at a gala. His manager told him to "prepare something" just in case he were winning.
And he won... So he went on stage, in front of cameras and public. He told everyone : sorry, my manager told me to prepare something in case i were winning, so... *Gets a peanut butter sandwich out of nowhere and starts eating it*

So, that comedian was a woman?

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yesterday saw a video of cartel gang skinning the head of a rival cartel member. Then they cut him open and squeezed it's heart. Then they cut it out of his chest, then they sliced his throat.

Unfortunately that's not Mexico exclusive, since I've seen the same from Africans, more specific, the DR Congo where they do this stuff for ritual purposes, as a matter of fact, DR Congo consumes the heart of other rival members.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would have thought you were talking about things happening on gbatemp.net

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would have thought you were talking about things happening on gbatemp.net
I talk A LOT of things on GBAtemp. I think we all know where we're off to with this conversation. :creep:

Reactions: BigOnYa
Trophies
XP
in my country there is loads of bad drivers. for example..

everyone on the road

also there was this one dude i used to live near and every afternoon he rode his dirt bike up and down the road like a maniac
even with their dog

im glad i moved

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I live on Colombia, could write a book about things only happen here.

We eat a dish called "Moon Don't Go!" he he he really is called "Mondongo" in Spanish, but the pronunciation is exactly like Moon don't go in English :P
Post automatically merged:

Also we eat white wood :rofl2:

• Wow
Reactions: BigOnYa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I live on Colombia, could write a book about things only happen here.

We eat a dish called "Moon Don't Go!" he he he really is called "Mondongo" in Spanish, but the pronunciation is exactly like Moon don't go in English :P
Post automatically merged:

Also we eat white wood :rofl2:
This is the "White wood":
1704099425497.jpeg

It's called "yuca", is a root, can be eaten in powder or steamed similar to sweet potato but is no so sweet.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've seen survival shows where they find and eat that in the wild. Never knew people ate it by choice though.
yes, is the base of the cook for great part of my country.

Can be eat on stew and soups:
1704099915169.jpeg

fried like french one:
1704100037053.jpeg

Even breaded:
1704100085673.png

1704100217782.png

Also can be minced on a paste or flour and used for tortillas, fried balls, or other lots of recipes.

Too many traditional stews and dishes include the yuca on dices or small pieces.

Attachments

• 1704099986834.jpeg
    1704099986834.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 7

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
We Americans invented this (I think) and do this during holidays sometimes: It's called a Turducken. It's a chicken stuffed into duck stuffed into a turkey. Yum!

View attachment 411257View attachment 411258

My abuelita, used to do something "similar" but with beef instead of poultry, she called that "Muchacho relleno" (stuffed boy :) ). But you must to take in account what "Muchacho" (boy) is a type of cow cut. Then the full cut what have cylindrical shape, she made a internal cut and stuffed it with vegetables and bacon, and in the middle of the bacon and vegetables mix she put "chorizo" (pork sausage) and everything goes to 3 stages of cook: stew (fat reduction), oven to give the special flavor and stir (for caramelization of the external layer).

Used to be the special dinner for new year or christmas eve, after she pased away My father continued the tradition, but today my father is no longer with us and my family is now so small no body willing to do that again. I missed her so much, particularly today. ;(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol