silverstar0815

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

I am stuck on a Error 003 situation.

I bought a Savemii but it does not do more than coming up with a black screen with 4.2(USA) in the lower right corner.
Regardless which DVD I am injecting into the drive, it won't come up with any other.

I have a KOR unit regionchanged and softmodded.

Here are some question that I would appreciate getting answered from you. "[ x ] style"

Q1: Does the update to 4.2 from KOR versions outside that region affect non-modded Wiis?
A1: [ ] it does, so this screws up legal units as well and nintendo most probably will do something about it?
A1: [ ] it doesn't, it only bricks modified units

Q2: The "D-tree" in the Savemii FAQ says "wait for new discs". Does that mean I can expect my Wii to be unbricked by a disc containing system menu 4.3 or above?
A2: [ ] that would work
A2: [ ] that would only work for non-modded KOR units
A2: [ ] dream on

Q3: Is there a way to possible build a disc containing a fake system menu that carries a higher version number and that possibly unlocks my unit?
A3: [ ] that could be done
A3: [ ] dream on

In general, having the Error 003 issue, what can I expect my Wii to be doing in this state?

Thanks,
Silver

silverstar0815

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

I don't have a NAND backup. So i am officially screwed.
I used the search function a lot, but answers to my questions (above) are not to be find obviously.

Thanks anyway.

What would have happened to a non-modded unit?

Cheers,
Silver

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he can get to the recovery menu with the savemii, can he wait until a retail disc with >4.2K comes out?

Will that fix it?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games updates are just a bunch of wad files. they don't touch the SYSCONF at all. you will need a way to get a exploitable game to boot. and then use that exploit to start some homebrew to either change the wii back to the right region, or install a system menu and a IOS that don't check for the 003 shit. but the ploblem with this is that there is not really a way to start a game without the wii first checking for that error.

what is killing you right now is IOS70 and the korean key. as soon as IOS70 (which is loaded right after boot2 because 4.2 asks for it) sees the korean key, it returns a value to the system menu, and you get that error. so it looks like you should just send your wii to DeadlyFoez. you needs to use an infectious and set that wii up with a korean-ized nand or at least one with

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!