StreetPass 2: Rise from the Ashes

This is a work in progress

If you were disheartened to hear of the demise of HomePass, then know that there is an alternative now. It is not elegant by any means, but you can share your StreetPass file; that is, every StreetPass you've accumulated but haven't used are stored in a single file. Copy that file and you can keep using the same SPs over and over or use someone else's collection. Instructions, links, and other info are HERE.

To summarize what's in that Google Sheet, your CECD is the file that contains your unused SPs. It is located at `ctrnand/data/ID0/sysdata/00010026/00000000`. I posted some information in my other guide (ctrl-F for "streetpass") and on GBATemp.

The instructions for using a downloaded CECD are pretty simple:

1. Open GodMode9.
1. Copy the desired CECD over your existing one (rename to 00000000 if it isn't already).
1. Immediately select the file and opt to "Calculate CMAC". Fix the file if it asks.
1. Boot up and use the SPs as you desire.

Feel free to add your own info (in keeping with the existing format). Region shouldn't matter, but there's a column in the sheet for including the source console's region anyway. If you're looking for a particular game's SP, just sort by that game and select the CECD files that contain at least one SP.

The more people we get to contribute their files, then the more useful this post will be to everyone. All you have to do to help is upload your CECD and type into the sheet what unused StreetPasses you have and how many transmissions you got. Thanks!

This was also posted over in 3dshacks. If you comment, I check that more regularly.

Credits:

u/bungiefan_AK - For motivating me to create this template and for aiding in its upkeep.

ZuulDesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is like quite a few years old now, but I'm just wondering- I know very little about this, I've survived on step-by-step tutorials and just using FBI and shit to install CIAs and stuff- so I have to ask- there's no danger in injecting these CECD files of strangers, is there?

and for the record, this isn't so much about my mistrust of you guys, but moreso about me doing it wrong and bricking my console.

Pandanokopls

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm currently trying to get the elusive Pandanoko Streetpass notification in hopes we can have a more accessible way to spread it. I'm dedicated to the point where I'm using my only cartridge of YKW1 with 3 saves on 6 different 3DS units. I even installed a homebrew app on one of them to take the 8 hr Streetpass cooldown out of the equation so I can just grind out the tags.

However, I'm current at 2200+ tags and I have yet to have got her even once. I'm still doing it, and I'm still determined as ever to get her, but I can't help but think maybe something is going wrong. I'm saving in front of the VIP door whenever i redeem the regular tags. I even swap the cartridge into the other 3DS units whenever they got all their tags ringed up. If anyone could give me some tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm taking a look at an old method i found in an old Reddit thread called the "3 Bloominoko/Noko Self-Streetpass" strat. I have my doubts it will have much of an affect, but I read that it has worked for some people. So I'm willing to give this a try. I will reply in this thread again if I ever manage to come across it. Wish me lots of luck, folks!
Hello, I know that a long time has passed, but you have any news about Pandanoko? I'm interested on that yokai
Post automatically merged:

I want to know something, when I do the streetpass thing with my 3ds hacked, it only works with mii Plaza and tomodachi life. I also tried with Kirby Planet Robobot and Yokai Watch, but with them nothing happens. I also tried to understand the thing about the save files, but I don't know if I would lose my progres. May someone help me?

Last edited by Pandanokopls,

one_eye_smiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fi5ex0osbgp-uHNYUBAUnh5TN7bRNKs5?usp=sharing

Hello, I wanted to share this in thanks for all the lovely folks who re-enabled
streetpass. These are not my files, I just compiled them into an easier to access form. These were all the cecd files on the spreadsheet and archive.org, done up into folders. To use them, copy the folders to somewhere you like on your 3DS SD card. Then run the noxious ninja streetpass script to back up your personal streetpass. Next, navigate to these folders with FBI or GodMode, pick the one you want, copy it, and paste it to the "in" folder under GM9 on the SD card. Run the script, and voila, more streetpasses. This is just a way to get them in one place for ease of streetpassing. If I butchered your username when naming the folders, or you don't want your data in here, yell at me and I'll fix it. Also yell at me if I did somethng wrong technically. Thanks to the community for letting me streetpass on demand, I owe you all a treat somewhere,
p.s.: The files that start with zero are mine, and need to be updated with better and more useful streetpasses. They may have hits for Animal Crossing New Leaf, the Japanese PriPara games, the Japanese Aikatsu games, the Japanese Pretty Rhythm games, and the Style Savvy games.

MattTheTekie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
test72.eu.org
XP
Country
United States
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fi5ex0osbgp-uHNYUBAUnh5TN7bRNKs5?usp=sharing

Hello, I wanted to share this in thanks for all the lovely folks who re-enabled
streetpass. These are not my files, I just compiled them into an easier to access form. These were all the cecd files on the spreadsheet and archive.org, done up into folders. To use them, copy the folders to somewhere you like on your 3DS SD card. Then run the noxious ninja streetpass script to back up your personal streetpass. Next, navigate to these folders with FBI or GodMode, pick the one you want, copy it, and paste it to the "in" folder under GM9 on the SD card. Run the script, and voila, more streetpasses. This is just a way to get them in one place for ease of streetpassing. If I butchered your username when naming the folders, or you don't want your data in here, yell at me and I'll fix it. Also yell at me if I did somethng wrong technically. Thanks to the community for letting me streetpass on demand, I owe you all a treat somewhere,
p.s.: The files that start with zero are mine, and need to be updated with better and more useful streetpasses. They may have hits for Animal Crossing New Leaf, the Japanese PriPara games, the Japanese Aikatsu games, the Japanese Pretty Rhythm games, and the Style Savvy games.
How can I submit mine?

Ahmed1999

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
guys im just wondering, how can i add my data into the sheet?, i really want my friends to streetpass me
the details of the game mostly all the sonic games and mario ones, you can put it as Mii Plaza, but i still dont know how to send the CECD

PsLawX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just want to thanks everyone here, I bought a 3DS recently and I'm trying to streetpass someone in my city but it seems that no one get out with a 3DS no more, even on events. I hope in the future we could make some virtual zone to "streetpass" over the internet, just a dream lol.

Ahmed1999

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
guys how can i make my friend streetpass me?, i gave him my CECD and he did all the stuff like copying it and putting it on /0012600/00000000 but he didnt streetpass me, can somebody help?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guys how can i make my friend streetpass me?, i gave him my CECD and he did all the stuff like copying it and putting it on /0012600/00000000 but he didnt streetpass me, can somebody help?
This....dont work the way you are thinking. The files are for the games that already have hits on them. Not to add new ones to one. For him to streetpass like you're thinking you would need both consoles together.

wintern94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have info on how I can get this to work with Fantasy Life? I know I'm doing it right because the street passes show up in other games, but for Fantasy Life I get the message that Streetpass is set up "with another user" and that I need to de-activate SP and re-activate it for it to work. So when I do that it erases all the SPs from the download. Just wasn't sure if there was a fix for this?

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have finally gotten the time to explore this a bit, but I do not see where to get my CECD. I see the same directory listed by everybody, but I don't see that directory on my sd card?
ctrnand/data/ID0/sysdata/00010026/00000000
This just does not exist. I have provided a screenshot to show what I see. I downloaded the UniStore to have it ready but... how can I extract with gm9 that which I cannot find?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 15.23.09.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 15.23.09.png
    491.9 KB · Views: 22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol