Strange graphical bug with other region game on home menu.

Mochi64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having a weird visual bug when installing US region games on an EU 3DS. The 3D model stays visible, but the title picture doesn't show up. Anyone experienced this before? Game plays fine, just a bit annoying. Also had this happen with another US game, so not a one-off thing. Picture is of Fire Emblem Awakening.

Attachments

• 20240620_130711_1.jpg
    20240620_130711_1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banners are region and language specific

When you put a game on a different region console it will try to show the banner for the current region and language, but if the data isnt in there for that region and language, it'll just be blank

In this case I guess the EU-English banner data for the US version of fire emblem has the 3d model with the swords, but not the 2d title logo

Try with other games, other games may behave differently. Like for example ocarina of time 3d US has the banner data for JP-jp despite not even being playable in japanese. I'm not sure if luma locale emulation will be able to force home menu to load the right banner but it's worth a try

Mochi64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Banners are region and language specific

When you put a game on a different region console it will try to show the banner for the current region and language, but if the data isnt in there for that region and language, it'll just be blank

In this case I guess the EU-English banner data for the US version of fire emblem has the 3d model with the swords, but not the 2d title logo

Try with other games, other games may behave differently. Like for example ocarina of time 3d US has the banner data for JP-jp despite not even being playable in japanese. I'm not sure if luma locale emulation will be able to force home menu to load the right banner but it's worth a try
Thank you, that's very interesting! I was just curious, especially as I wasn't able to find anyone else commenting on something like this online (or maybe I just suck at googling lol). Anyways, thanks again for the detailed answer! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    chrisrlink @ chrisrlink: lol +1