Hacking Strange Flashme problem - please help!

clark2k

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbabrasil.net
XP
Country
Brazil
I already flashed 30+ DS Lites (yes, I run a store so I flash it when people asks for), but the problem I am facing now is really annoying...

After the X-B-X-B pressing, I short the SL1 path, but, doing it, the DS automaticaly turns off.

I already faced it before, and it was when I did not care to plug the DS to AC adapter while flashing. In that tries, I just turned it on again and repeated the proccess until it works. But this until I brick one DS...!
frown.gif

So after that, I flashed all the other DSs with AC adapter plugged, and then I never saw the automatic turn off happening again.

Now, I bought for my personal use an Ice Blue DS Lite... And, no matter if I plug it to the wall and wait the battery to get fully charged, it turns off when I shot SL1... ok, I tried doing it just twice, but I'm afraid to keep trying and brick a DS again...

What do you suggest?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The power cutoff isn't a AC adapter/battery issue. It actually lies in accidentally touching components that shouldn't be touched. Using a toothpick with foil is more likely to hit the "no touch zones" more than just a single piece of wire.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried to flash the newer DS lites? From what I've heard nintendo have made them a lot easier to brick when trying to install flashme. Touching the wrong component when flashing will brick the DS lite.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe that you're all wrong, and the latest DS Lites require you to short SL1 with something that has some resistance, a low resistance resistor should do the trick. Try just shorting SL1 without running Flashme and see what it does.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe that you're all wrong
Wow, bold statement =)
QUOTE said:
and the latest DS Lites require you to short SL1 with something that has some resistance, a low resistance resistor should do the trick. Try just shorting SL1 without running Flashme and see what it does.
Flashed 3 Lites with the good ol' foil/toothpick and UN-flashed 2 Lites with same method. No resistors built in the toothpick at all.

NOTE: dont tell people to short things "just to see what it does". Not a good piece of advice even if it does nothing.

clark2k

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbabrasil.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you all, but I don't think my problem is solved yet
frown.gif

The power cutoff isn't a AC adapter/battery issue. It actually lies in accidentally touching components that shouldn't be touched. Using a toothpick with foil is more likely to hit the "no touch zones" more than just a single piece of wire.

Have you tried to flash the newer DS lites? From what I've heard nintendo have made them a lot easier to brick when trying to install flashme. Touching the wrong component when flashing will brick the DS lite.

I have been flashing a bunch of DS's, I don't know how new they should be to be classified as 'newer DS'
huh.gif

I always used toothpick with foil, but that's the first time I have this problem recurring many times with a DS.

QUOTE(arctic_flame @ Apr 2 2007, 08:33 PM)I believe that you're all wrong, and the latest DS Lites require you to short SL1 with something that has some resistance, a low resistance resistor should do the trick. Try just shorting SL1 without running Flashme and see what it does.
What do you mean "low resistance"? Have you done it yet? Any photo or video with someone doing it?

fritz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had to use an 800 Ohm resister with one leg touching each pad for my DS Lite to flash. Using a plain screwdriver to short SL1 (the same one I used on my DS Phat) didn't get past 0%.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had to use an 800 Ohm resister with one leg touching each pad for my DS Lite to flash. Using a plain screwdriver to short SL1 (the same one I used on my DS Phat) didn't get past 0%.

That's not why your screwdriver didn't work. The SL1 pads are not raised off of the mobo like the original DS.

If you guys dont know.
There are a tiny bit of metal good hided close to the SL1!

And that tiny bit of metal is connected to the other thingy SL2 i think it is.
And when its touched the DS turns off.

Heres a guide on this forum who shows what you are doing wrong:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33481

And to think, I could've said that... I did...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?