Strange Flashme problem - please help!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by clark2k, Apr 2, 2007.

Apr 2, 2007
  1. clark2k
    OP

Member clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I already flashed 30+ DS Lites (yes, I run a store so I flash it when people asks for), but the problem I am facing now is really annoying...

After the X-B-X-B pressing, I short the SL1 path, but, doing it, the DS automaticaly turns off.

I already faced it before, and it was when I did not care to plug the DS to AC adapter while flashing. In that tries, I just turned it on again and repeated the proccess until it works. But this until I brick one DS...! [​IMG]

So after that, I flashed all the other DSs with AC adapter plugged, and then I never saw the automatic turn off happening again.

Now, I bought for my personal use an Ice Blue DS Lite... And, no matter if I plug it to the wall and wait the battery to get fully charged, it turns off when I shot SL1... ok, I tried doing it just twice, but I'm afraid to keep trying and brick a DS again...

What do you suggest?

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    The power cutoff isn't a AC adapter/battery issue. It actually lies in accidentally touching components that shouldn't be touched. Using a toothpick with foil is more likely to hit the "no touch zones" more than just a single piece of wire.

3. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Have you tried to flash the newer DS lites? From what I've heard nintendo have made them a lot easier to brick when trying to install flashme. Touching the wrong component when flashing will brick the DS lite.

4. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    I believe that you're all wrong, and the latest DS Lites require you to short SL1 with something that has some resistance, a low resistance resistor should do the trick. Try just shorting SL1 without running Flashme and see what it does.

5. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Flashed 3 Lites with the good ol' foil/toothpick and UN-flashed 2 Lites with same method. No resistors built in the toothpick at all.

NOTE: dont tell people to short things "just to see what it does". Not a good piece of advice even if it does nothing.

6. clark2k
    OP

Member clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Thank you all, but I don't think my problem is solved yet [​IMG]

What do you mean "low resistance"? Have you done it yet? Any photo or video with someone doing it?

7. fritz

Newcomer fritz Member

I had to use an 800 Ohm resister with one leg touching each pad for my DS Lite to flash. Using a plain screwdriver to short SL1 (the same one I used on my DS Phat) didn't get past 0%.

8. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    If you guys dont know.
    There are a tiny bit of metal good hided close to the SL1!

And that tiny bit of metal is connected to the other thingy SL2 i think it is.
    And when its touched the DS turns off.

Heres a guide on this forum who shows what you are doing wrong:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33481

9. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    And to think, I could've said that... I did...