Strange Flashme problem - please help!

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by clark2k, Apr 2, 2007.

1. clark2k
    OP

clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2003
    Brazil
    Vitoria/ES - Brazil
    I already flashed 30+ DS Lites (yes, I run a store so I flash it when people asks for), but the problem I am facing now is really annoying...

After the X-B-X-B pressing, I short the SL1 path, but, doing it, the DS automaticaly turns off.

I already faced it before, and it was when I did not care to plug the DS to AC adapter while flashing. In that tries, I just turned it on again and repeated the proccess until it works. But this until I brick one DS...! [​IMG]

So after that, I flashed all the other DSs with AC adapter plugged, and then I never saw the automatic turn off happening again.

Now, I bought for my personal use an Ice Blue DS Lite... And, no matter if I plug it to the wall and wait the battery to get fully charged, it turns off when I shot SL1... ok, I tried doing it just twice, but I'm afraid to keep trying and brick a DS again...

What do you suggest?

2. outphase

outphase Custom title

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    The power cutoff isn't a AC adapter/battery issue. It actually lies in accidentally touching components that shouldn't be touched. Using a toothpick with foil is more likely to hit the "no touch zones" more than just a single piece of wire.

3. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    Have you tried to flash the newer DS lites? From what I've heard nintendo have made them a lot easier to brick when trying to install flashme. Touching the wrong component when flashing will brick the DS lite.

4. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    I believe that you're all wrong, and the latest DS Lites require you to short SL1 with something that has some resistance, a low resistance resistor should do the trick. Try just shorting SL1 without running Flashme and see what it does.

5. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    Flashed 3 Lites with the good ol' foil/toothpick and UN-flashed 2 Lites with same method. No resistors built in the toothpick at all.

NOTE: dont tell people to short things "just to see what it does". Not a good piece of advice even if it does nothing.

6. clark2k
    OP

clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2003
    Brazil
    Vitoria/ES - Brazil
    Thank you all, but I don't think my problem is solved yet [​IMG]

What do you mean "low resistance"? Have you done it yet? Any photo or video with someone doing it?

7. fritz

fritz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2006
    I had to use an 800 Ohm resister with one leg touching each pad for my DS Lite to flash. Using a plain screwdriver to short SL1 (the same one I used on my DS Phat) didn't get past 0%.

8. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    If you guys dont know.
    There are a tiny bit of metal good hided close to the SL1!

And that tiny bit of metal is connected to the other thingy SL2 i think it is.
    And when its touched the DS turns off.

Heres a guide on this forum who shows what you are doing wrong:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33481

9. outphase

outphase Custom title

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    And to think, I could've said that... I did...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice