Still hoping for a Legends 3 release? Too bad.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually, "I guess" implies that this is your subjective opinion, which may or may not be true, it does not mean "100% confirmed" as you claim. I'm not even a native speaker and I know that.

Canadian English, British English and American English may have different dictionaries but they follow the same syntax and logic, so this is no place for mind games. The interpretation you're presenting is just wrong.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
JinTrigger said:
I just wish if they were to focus more on fighting games they wouldn't rehash and port all the damn time.

But... their entire history of fighting games is a history of porting and re-hashing... some of their titles had as much as 7 revisions, Capcom was ALWAYS like that, it's not a new policy by a long shot.

Didnt say it was a new policy...just a rather annoying one.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If it didn't change for 20 years, I doubt it'll change now, Jin.

They made due with rehashes until now and they'll carry on making lots and lots of profit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
M[u said:
ddy]
Foxi4 said:
First of all...
http://www.devkitpro.org
Then...
http://www.palib-dev.com
better yet...
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/nflib/
and...
http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-u...ual-cpp-express
Here. Revive your project. 100k people should wrap this up in no-time.

...or are you all suddenly not that interested in playing MLP3?
It doesn't work that way. We want the real conclusion to the story.

What'd be "un"real about it? Face it - Capcom simply threw in the towel. You can pick it up and do something about it or you can weep. There's effort versus whining, and whining never brought anything to fruition.

The truth is that the fanbase demands, but doesn't feel like delivering. There will be no Legends 3 anytime soon, period. You want one - make one. Not a big deal at all.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1234turtles said:
we cant get mad at capcom
it was our fault
It wasn't our fault, we always expressed an interest in the game but we didn't realise that Capcom basically expected all of us to participate in the devroom.

If Capcom had expressed a warning of cancellation and not cancelled the game, there would have been a drastic increase in participation anyway.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Foxi4 said:
What'd be "un"real about it? Face it - Capcom simply threw in the towel. You can pick it up and do something about it or you can weep. There's effort versus whining, and whining never brought anything to fruition.

The truth is that the fanbase demands, but doesn't feel like delivering. There will be no Legends 3 anytime soon, period. You want one - make one. Not a big deal at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
M[u said:
ddy]
Foxi4 said:

BWAHAHAHA!

I don't think you're accustomed with DS Homebrew. Not only that, you can't infringe something that does not exist.

If people were so scared of the big companies, we probably wouldn't have so many hacks around and so many awesome tools to work with.

Get a grip, seriously. You made my day, C&D lol, like anyone would give a flying about that.

Fortunately enough, I live in the beautiful land of Poland where I can "infringe" by U.S standards whatever I want as long as it's a "fan tribute with the purpose of educating myself in a given field that is non-profit and credits the creators of used material", go me, go the glorious land of Poland.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Foxi4 said:

BWAHAHAHA!

I don't think you're accustomed with DS Homebrew. Not only that, you can't infringe something that does not exist.

If people were so scared of the big companies, we probably wouldn't have so many hacks around and so many awesome tools to work with.

Get a grip, seriously. You made my day, C&D lol, like anyone would give a flying about that.

Fortunately enough, I live in the beautiful land of Poland where I can "infringe" by U.S standards whatever I want as long as it's a "fan tribute with the purpose of educating myself in a given field that is non-profit and credits the creators of used material", go me, go the glorious land of Poland.
Pretty much any fan made sequel that looked promising got C&Ded before release.
The DS homebrew isn't even close to anything playable.
Rom hacks are made by patching. The patch itself cannot be forbidden.
Capcom already has the finished prequel, which would resolves the most important question fans have. They just had to release it.
It would also tell them how much interest there is, in the game.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh well, no big loss, I've always found the Legends series to be really inferior to the other Megaman series, imho.

If someone of you wants to frown on a REAL loss, you should be mourning Megaman X9, which won't EVER happen after the absymal X7, and the poor reception of X8.
Now that Inafune has left, we won't ever see a true proper sequel to it
frown.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Foxi4 said:
M[u said:
ddy]
Foxi4 said:

BWAHAHAHA!

Chrono Resurrection says "OHAI!"
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Foxi4 said:
M[u said:
ddy]
Foxi4 said:

BWAHAHAHA!

Chrono Resurrection says "OHAI!"
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/
Chrono Resurrection looked like a promising and professional quality fan remake. Too bad Square Enix got butthurt >.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DroRox said:
I only play cool fighting, sidescrolling, asskicking Megaman. none of that 3x3 square bullcrap for me.
The Battle Network series was decent.... up until the 3rd one.

edit: Sorry for the double post, I thought the quoted post came after my previous post. Can a mod merge them?

Mav180

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Israel011 said:
DroRox said:
I only play cool fighting, sidescrolling, asskicking Megaman. none of that 3x3 square bullcrap for me.
I thought they were all great, 3 especially. I grew up with the Battle Network series, so it holds a special place in my heart.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mav180 said:
Israel011 said:
DroRox said:
I thought they were all great, 3 especially. I grew up with the Battle Network series, so it holds a special place in my heart.
3 was good. I just didn't enjoy 4-6.

Krotar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ye GODS that Chrono Trigger thing looked amazing!
...So basically, that means us fans either make a game that's absolute shit so it won't make Capcom angry, or we get cancelled AGAIN. I am not liking our options here.
There's also give up on the series, but there's a problem with that. Namely that we like it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Israel011 said:
Mav180 said:
Israel011 said:
DroRox said:
3 was good. I just didn't enjoy 4-6.
I've only played 5 and 6 and loved them both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wbMbMtDBaZo?si=Z3ObLtc4Ez6dUY1b