Still hoping for a Legends 3 release? Too bad.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
ojsinnerz. said:
Well, there have been a lot of talk about "how to revive the project" talks and all. I'm guessing this qualifies as news as it gives complete closure to MML3.

I thought there was complete closure when Capcom first said that they were cancelling the project. Fans chose to try to see it not as what it was.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ojsinnerz. said:
Well, there have been a lot of talk about "how to revive the project" talks and all. I'm guessing this qualifies as news as it gives complete closure to MML3.
Did you really think a few thousand fans could revive the project?

Even if it was 100k, who would guarantee they would sell 100k copies?

Unless you could get millions of fans to join that group, might aswell just chill and play some other games.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:

Unless you could get millions of fans to join that group, might aswell just chill and play some other games.
Uh, I never implied that they can revive the project.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:

Uh, I never implied that they can revive the project.
Then why is this news?

Project closed - end of discussion

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
Oi, can you read?

I don't think I ever implied "THE PROJECT CAN BE REVIVED AHHHHHHHHHHH" in any way. All I did was complain about Capcom, and how Capcom doesn't care.

As for the news part, I said "I guess it qualifies as news because it gives complete closure to MML". I wasn't saying THIS IS NEWS GUYS THIS IS NEWS.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Capcom: "Join the devroom and help us develop the game!"
Some users join, some can't be bothered, a lot don't know about it.
Too few users join.
Capcom: "No, scrap this, not enough people joined the devroom, so therefore we'll cancel it!"
Users: "oh, so it was THAT serious business to join, I guess we can join now to show the support we originally had."
Capcom: "Nah, too late lulz"

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
Oi, can you read?

I don't think I ever implied "THE PROJECT CAN BE REVIVED AHHHHHHHHHHH" in any way. All I did was complain about Capcom, and how Capcom doesn't care.

As for the news part, I said "I guess it qualifies as news because it gives complete closure to MML". I wasn't saying THIS IS NEWS GUYS THIS IS NEWS.
So, saying it qualifies for news isnt the same thing as saying "this is news" o.o.
Oh, I dont understand canadian then.. only english
biggrin.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
Capcom: "Join the devroom and help us develop the game!"
Some users join, some can't be bothered, a lot don't know about it.
Too few users join.
Capcom: "No, scrap this, not enough people joined the devroom, so therefore we'll cancel it!"
Users: "oh, so it was THAT serious business to join, I guess we can join now to show the support we originally had."
Capcom: "Nah, too late lulz"
That's exactly how it went.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok everybody is freaking right here....

People are pissed that Capcom have been treating MegaMan like shit and they tease us after 10 years with Legends 3 just to pry our hopes from our hands....Then to see them continually rehashing these damn fighters. Shit is aggravating and I am sick of it myself

But like the other side of this discussion, it's just a game. Capcom continues to treat MegaMan like shit, but I'll keep the legacy strong by replaying MegaMan games til I am blue in the face (no pun intended). MegaMan is the sole reason I am into gaming as much as I am and the seed that grow into my dreams so to me Capcom doing this to MegaMan is a big deal, but it is what it is.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh well... we gave it our best shot, even though there was a loss in translation with the whole project and the future of the MM series.

We did, however, get 10 good years of MM games while they put their fighting series on hold. When they tried to bring SF to the new 3D generation the first time through Arika, people didn't accept it well, so they shifted their focus to other things, MM being one of those.

While MM did bring them in a good and installable fan base, the big wigs and shareholders probably thought otherwise near the second half of last decade.

Having said all this, if them reviving their fighting franchises to bring in more money, shareholders, and a hardcore fanbase, while planning of a way to reinvent the MM franchise, I'm down for it. Just so long as they eventually plan to promote him in other ways to during this 10 maybe more years of other games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
JinTrigger said:
I just wish if they were to focus more on fighting games they wouldn't rehash and port all the damn time.

But... their entire history of fighting games is a history of porting and re-hashing... some of their titles had as much as 7 revisions, Capcom was ALWAYS like that, it's not a new policy by a long shot.

Izzy011

The Business Bitch
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I really wanted to get Legends 3.
Capcom needs to get their shit together. If they continue milking out their series and not releasing quality games, their fanbase is going to decrease.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Israel011 said:
Damn, I really wanted to get Legends 3.
Capcom needs to get their shit together. If they continue milking out their series and not releasing quality games, their fanbase is going to decrease.
No. Just no. It will not.

People always say that, they're always "boo, my favourite company made a bad decision, I am so not buying their next game". The next game comes out, and what the fan does? Buys it. Capcom's been milking their franchises for years now, Nintendo sucks wallets dry better then the best hooker, I could really go on and on but what's the point?

The fanbase is like a block of cement - it doesn't chipper significantly. It may smell for a while if you piss on it, but in the end, what's it gonna do? Piss on you back? Hardly an option.

All I do here is nod slowly, muttering "mm-hmm" under my nose and putting no stock at all in the words of fans. The day a new Megaman is announced, they'll all crawl back like good doggies and lap up whatever Capcom serves, right off the lap.

QUOTE(1234turtles @ Aug 2 2011, 02:02 AM) we cant get mad at capcom
it was our fault

No it wasn't, silly you. Capcom just wanted an excuse to kill a project that wasn't going to bring much profit. Don't be deluded.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
Oi, can you read?

So, saying it qualifies for news isnt the same thing as saying "this is news" o.o.
biggrin.gif
"I guess it qualifies"

100% confirmed. Besides, I got the message from the other folks already. I'm dropping it here.

EDIT: >>>>Joke
Head

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
ojsinnerz. said:
Tanveer said:
Oi, can you read?

biggrin.gif
"I guess it qualifies"

100% confirmed.
Its not "who wants to be millionaire" show.
You say guess its news.. no one is gonna ask you to confirm, reconfirm and lock it.

anyway, hopefully this will be the last of Legends 3 news/discussion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination