Steam to launch 'Remote Play Together', allowing players to play local multiplayer games online

steam thingy.png
Dubbed 'Remote Play Together', this new Steam feature will allow players to enjoy local multiplayer games online "just like handing a second controller to a friend". Moreover, only the host needs to own the game and can thereby send invites to Friends via the Steam Overlay.

invite.png

Remote Play Together will be compatible with any game supporting local multiplayer, local co-op or shared / split-screen features. This new addition will support up to 4 players and renders 60 frames per second at a resolution of 1080p (requires a connection between 10 to 30 Mbps for a successful low-latency session). A beta is planned to launch the week of October 21.

Valve made the announcement via the Steamworks website to developers, some of whom shared the news publicly. The message also reads that "this feature is designed to add value to multiplayer games which do not already have native online capabilities. It will soon be enjoyed among friends online using the Remote Play Together Beta, enabling fans to introduce your local multiplayer game to new audiences."

What game comes to your mind that will benefit from this feature?

:arrow: SOURCE

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's unfortunate that my internet, on average my internet gets about 4.25 Mbps. That's right, Mbps, not MBps. There's no way in heckaroni I'll be able to use this with any sort of stability.

It's strange how playing TF2, Splatoon 2, and various other online games can go as smooth as silk (for the most part), but when I try NES Online and anything involving streaming, it gets choppier than the Bermuda triangle..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk