Palworld becomes the 2nd highest "All-Time Peak" game with concurrent players in Steam's history

The brand-new indie game Palworld has taken the gaming world by surprise, with an overwhelming reception from different sources, and in just 4 days since its release in early-access, the game has sold over 6 million copies.

Palworld has been in development since 2021 by Pocket Pair. The game focuses in a survival environment similar to that of ARK, with the option to play it co-op online, but with the twist of the game having creatures called "Pals" that the player can catch and battle, similar to that of Pokemon, and once caught they can even aid the player in all kinds of tasks. These Pals come in a variety of forms, with over 100 creatures, and the player can become involved in the fights between the creatures, as well as fight off other people, or one of several antagonist factions found in the game. The fights can be done with all kinds of weapons, ranging from melee weapons to even guns, and this can also be used against the creatures, or to aid the creatures in battle.

In the 4 days since the game's launch January 19th, 2024, the game's hasn't only sold surprisingly well with its 6 million copies, but it has also achieved the record of having the 2nd All-Time Peak concurrent players at the same time for a paid game with a number of 1,864,421 players being the all time peak registered as of today. PUBG still holds the #1 record on Steam (when it was still paid), which retains the record with around 3.2 million as the all time peak concurrent players online.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Steam's Most Played
:arrow: Palworld on Steam

DungeonS1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When playing Palworld I constantly had the feeling I was doing basic survival game things again, just with some monsters in it. It’s not the game for me…

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not necessarily my type of game (when it comes to survival elements) but I'm glad that it's blowing up, I'm looking forward to more monster taming games that are more action based.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seen the trailer now. Gotta admit it looks nice, since I'm a Factorio fan as well. However I'll wait for the full release until I invest time here. And the level of plagiarism of Pokémon and BotW is almost ridiculous. I wonder how long they'll get away with this. :D

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seen the trailer now. Gotta admit it looks nice, since I'm a Factorio fan as well. However I'll wait for the full release until I invest time here. And the level of plagiarism of Pokémon and BotW is almost ridiculous. I wonder how long they'll get away with this. :D

Nothing illegal so far, at least that would be obvious, so should be fine but I wouldn't be surprised if they change certain designs over time.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nothing illegal so far, at least that would be obvious, so should be fine but I wouldn't be surprised if they change certain designs over time.
Well, they exported official Pokémon models from mainline games and altered them instead of creating their own models from the ground up.
It's up to Ninty's ninjas to find evidence for that though. (it's pretty obvious that that happened though)

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, they exported official Pokémon models from mainline games and altered them instead of creating their own models from the ground up.
It's up to Ninty's ninjas to find evidence for that though. (it's pretty obvious that that happened though)

That's just claims. The person who claimed that and showed models had to scale them to fit the same and if you look at the legs even for the one they say matches it's still not a match. So who's to say why some models are similar in some respects.
Not saying it's not what happened though, just that it's not enough to show that for now.

Reactions: tabzer and lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's just claims. The person who claimed that and showed models had to scale them to fit the same and if you look at the legs even for the one they say matches it's still not a match. So who's to say why some models are similar in some respects.
Not saying it's not what happened though, just that it's not enough to show that for now.
Fair enough. :)

Reactions: Windsall and tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol