Start

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Nooby2, Feb 10, 2008.

Feb 10, 2008

Start by Nooby2 at 7:07 PM (1,248 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Nooby2
    OP

Newcomer Nooby2 Newbie

United States
    Well I'm pretty noob.. and I have no idea where to start if I get a R4. How much does 1 game takes from it (20mb or something?), is there a big chance that it will crash? Where to download games? Is it easy to use?

Greetings

2. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    We cant tell you were to get games. This site doesnt accept them. There illegal unless you have the real game and try to sell the game online. R4 does not crash. It is easy to use. Try buying from Gameyeeeah. Mine came in 2 weeks from Hong Kong useing the cheapest method to ship. 1 game normally takes like 16 mb. the highest iv played was like 36 mb which was Zelda i think.

And welcome to GBATemp!

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Games can range anywhere from 8 MB to 256 MB at the moment, though they may get larger in time.

4. drock360

Member drock360 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The games come in sizes from 8 MB to 128 MB. Most games are about 32, but Resident Evil is the only game I have that is 128.

5. Nio

Member Nio GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Games usually have 4-8GB, so you can only put a part of it on a flashcard. Either you get 4-6 flash cards peer game or you have to do a lot of copy work, which is difficult when you are on holiday. R4 and all the other flash cards also crash a lot, usualy you can just play 4-6 minutes and saving never really works.

If you are to stupid to pirate and read FAQs than just dont do it and study for school instead.

6. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States

You can play longer then just 4-6 minutes. Saving does work.

I can play my R4 for up to 4 hours straight. I do but i take like 10 min brakes in between. Im not saying im a hardcore NDS gamer cause im not. I ply my 360 alot more. My NDS for like portable uses. Im not like a hardcore gamer personally since it gives me headaches.

7. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Are you really that daft to not realize that his post was a joke?

Also, games go up to 256 MB (Archaic Sealed Heat)

8. wiithepeople

Member wiithepeople ^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D

United States
    You should be able to fit 20-30 games on 1GB, depending what games u get.

9. darigaaz3

Newcomer darigaaz3 Member

Malaysia
    R4 doesn't support the the SDHD in which the size of the flash cart can reach 8 gb.

Best is to go with microSD with 1/2 GB of space. There are 4 gb microSD but those are pretty rare, slow, expensive and you can get a few 1 GB microSD for the price of 1 4 GB one.

The R4 is simple and it does what it needs to do best. If you are looking for more functions, then go for a CycloDS which cost a fraction more but allows instant saving and can play games in a slower mode. They also have a better customer service team and update their cards fairly regularly

If however you are looking for a slot-1 card that can play games, look no further than the R4. Moonshells helps you to play media file (in dpg) and mp3 as well. With an EZ 3 in 1, you can play GBA games and surf the web with Opera.

Bought a R4 and didn't regret it at all.

About downloading the games... tough luck, you will have to search that out yourself :/

10. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Um, where did you get that info? [​IMG] None of that is true.

First, games are only 256 MB MAX, only only one is that big. The average ones are about 32 or 64 MB.

You can cram about 15 or 20 games on 1GB, which is really good.

It doesn't crash, and in the rare occasion that it does, nothing really happens. And saves work and you can play until birds can't fly anymore. That means, you can play until your battery dies.

Honestly, if you're doing that on purpose to be an ass, than just do that on GameFAQs or somewhere.

11. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    ... Once again, that post was a joke. It's like.. clockwork or something.

Off-topic: Oh look, 1k posts.

12. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    ^ sorry, didn't read you post. [​IMG] Just I saw that guy's post and replied before reading anyone else's.

Off -Topic: Congrates! [​IMG] Now you get a possum, although I think that mthrnite is out of stick right now.

13. Nio

Member Nio GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    They friend of my cousin's cat also told me that Ninty can track R4 users with help of the FBI. I guess they dont treat 8 year old the same way as real terrorists, but who knows? But well some of them think piracy is terrorism, so hopefully they don't catch you and just your cat.